IVF/ICSI/FET OCTOBER "4 LEAF CLOVER" CYCLE-Anyone joining me?*** UPDATES ON PAGE 1***

I'M BACK!!!!!!! Its all over.... i'm FREEEEE!

The Pethidine was fine... I was still fully awake so that scared the hell out of me especially when I could actually walk into the medical room!

I had my favourite nurse this time and she was very gentle and i hardly even felt her drain the right ovary of its follicles, the left i felt a couple of small sharp pains but nothing compared to last time. She said there were 10 follicles which may contain eggs so i guess the 11th follie wasn't big enough.

OH took the eggs in a heated container to the other hospital lab and later they called me to say that his sample was really really good and they did not really want to do ICSI unless I was adament as they consider the sperm strong enough to fertilize on their own and ICSI has a chance of complications so I said "you are are the experts and if you think it would be better to do IVF then thats fine with me!"

AND....... I GOT 10 EGGS!!!!! :happydance:

I just cannot believe it! 1st IVF i got 6 - all fertilized and 2nd IVF i only got 5 - 3 fertilized but this time 10!!!!! I am over the moon.... I would've been really really pleased with 7 this time since I know i only have 11 follicles in total so i am beyond amazed. This gives us a good chance! ET will be Saturday :happydance:

That's great news, honey! I'm SO happy for you! :)

Yyayayyayayyayay, Sammy!!!!!! OMG, I am so glad to hear good news from you! 10 EGGS! that's super-fantastic. And you weren't in pain -- even better! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

I know... im in shock!!! I cant believe it with only 11 follicles... 10 viable on the day! AND i was reading of your BFP this morning before i went but never had chance to reply as we were in a rush!!!

I think there is very little chance that this will be the Progesterone now.... your not taking the injections no? They can cause a false BFP as i was getting them last cycle but with the pessaries then these dont cause a false BFP at all!!!! Its looks like you made it to the finish line hun. Cant wait for Fridays test. All the luck in the world hun!!! :hugs:

Oh, I am taking the progesterone shots -- maybe it is a false +

I tested again today, the line is darker and has been getting progressively darker since Sunday. Does that matter?

I can't find anything online that suggests a progesterone shot can give you a false + HPT. Progesterone doesn't do that. It can't. I don't get it... But, I've found a million websites saying that progesterone shots have nothing to do with HCG or a + HPT. Maybe if the shot had HCG in it, sure. But, definitely not if its just progesterone like most of them are. Plus, it wouldn't have gone negative or nearly negative first and then gotten darker. That's not how false + work!

You're pregnant... So, let me go ahead and say CONGRATS!!! :hugs:

No I haven't tested yet, Maxxi. Beta is tomorrow, so fingers crossed.

That's great, Sammy. 10 is awesome. Best of luck to you.

Looks like you have a :bfp: Mercy. Doesn't sound like a false positive to me. I think congrats are in order!!

Ooh! FX'd for you, Isi! How you feeling about it all?

Hi Ladies...Sorry I've been MIA throughout my whole IVF/ICSI process, but I wanted to share my experience... I had 42 eggs retrieved, 38 went on to fertilize and 16 became blasts. I was told I'd be lucky if we got to do a fresh cycle because I had signs that I over stimulated. He told me the day of my retrieval be prepared to do a frozen transfer! I did a protocol and fought it off (to the amazement of my doctor) We transferred 1 FRESH blast (5-days after) We wanted to transfer 2 but the doctor was against it and said I could still get very sick...so we didn't want to chance it.
Throughout the whole two week wait, I had cramps on and off, and a few days of light spotting (I thought OMG, this is implantation, it worked).....well I was wrong, today was the results of my beta and I got a BFN :( I'm devastated and so is my hubby, we've been trying for 2 years (this was our first IVF/ICSI attempt) We do feel lucky though that there are 15 more blasts waiting for us, but I just don’t feel hopeful, it this great blast didn’t work, what makes the other 15 better? Ya know? I’m probably not making sense!
The pain of a failed cycle is unreal, I now understand what some of you unfortunate ladies who have had to go through that pain… what it feels like...it's like someone took your insides out! :( How do I mentally prepare myself for a FET... I'm just to distraught but don't want to give up just yet!!!! :(
HELP!!!!
To all the ladies who are currently going through your cycle, I wish you the best in the end! I wouldn't wish this pain on anyone! :(

:hugs: I don't have any words of wisdom... but I hope you find a way to get through this and press on.

Oh... AFM... Shots are going well. No problems after that 1st one. 1 every morning at the moment. Last BCP is today! :yipee: Then, I start stimming 1 week from Saturday!

Mercy - you got me! I don't really want to go. But since I avoid going as much as I possibly can I'll do whatever the doctor says I can do even if that means going.

Sammy - the nurse didn't think that flying would cause any serious problems but she says that they always recommend giving your body as much of a rest as you can after transfer. She said that she likes to tell people to act like couch potatoes and not run around and that flying on the worst days of the year constitutes running around. We'll see what the doctor says tomorrow. And yes men are awkward among many other things. I'm just pissed that he's pissed. I mean what's more important - not pissing the family off or ivf? It's not looking like ivf is the answer to that question!

Mercy - you got me! I don't really want to go. But since I avoid going as much as I possibly can I'll do whatever the doctor says I can do even if that means going.

Sammy - the nurse didn't think that flying would cause any serious problems but she says that they always recommend giving your body as much of a rest as you can after transfer. She said that she likes to tell people to act like couch potatoes and not run around and that flying on the worst days of the year constitutes running around. We'll see what the doctor says tomorrow. And yes men are awkward among many other things. I'm just pissed that he's pissed. I mean what's more important - not pissing the family off or ivf? It's not looking like ivf is the answer to that question!

I know how you feel hun... I am, just wondering why, with 10 eggs, are they not taking these to blast? You know if they fertilise and all that.... Why do we have a letter stating Saturday without even seeing how they go? Do i not get a choice? I know the doctor once said to me that they see how they get along... I am now suspecting that OH has arranged a Saturday transfer so he doesnt have to take time off work on Monday and if he HAS considered his job more important than our future there will for sure be hell to pay! Since i dont speak Dutch, my friend is going to call the hospital tomorrow and quiz them over this. He claims he asked about blast stage but then claims they just gave him a letter and said they have a procedure and ET will be on Saturday... I find this hard to believe personally....:growlmad:

I know how you feel hun... I am, just wondering why, with 10 eggs, are they not taking these to blast? You know if they fertilise and all that.... Why do we have a letter stating Saturday without even seeing how they go? Do i not get a choice? I know the doctor once said to me that they see how they get along... I am now suspecting that OH has arranged a Saturday transfer so he doesnt have to take time off work on Monday and if he HAS considered his job more important than our future there will for sure be hell to pay! Since i dont speak Dutch, my friend is going to call the hospital tomorrow and quiz them over this. He claims he asked about blast stage but then claims they just gave him a letter and said they have a procedure and ET will be on Saturday... I find this hard to believe personally....:growlmad:

That doesn't seem very logical, does it? Hmm... I wonder too! I would definitely see if you could get them to wait to blast stage!

Ooooh you should definitely check that out! I'm just upset that my husband's upset. I agreed to go in the first place because I always get out of going and I know that that's not fair to him. When they came up with my tentative schedule it showed that I wouldn't have had a problem going. But then the schedule was pushed forward 5 days for reasons beyond my control and so now Thanksgiving is affected. He says he's angry at himself because his instinct told him not to confirm with Thanksgiving but you know what? His getting angry makes me feel like he has no idea how hard this has been/will be for me. Why does there need to be all this negative energy flying around? I don't know if he's just clueless or truly believes that the ivf will work regardless of what I do and so in his mind flying should be no big deal. I also get panicky on planes now after a BAD experience with turbulence when I went over to Europe this summer. I usually take something but I won't be able to for that flight. He's so in for it when I get home later :growlmad:

Ooooh you should definitely check that out! I'm just upset that my husband's upset. I agreed to go in the first place because I always get out of going and I know that that's not fair to him. When they came up with my tentative schedule it showed that I wouldn't have had a problem going. But then the schedule was pushed forward 5 days for reasons beyond my control and so now Thanksgiving is affected. He says he's angry at himself because his instinct told him not to confirm with Thanksgiving but you know what? His getting angry makes me feel like he has no idea how hard this has been/will be for me. Why does there need to be all this negative energy flying around? I don't know if he's just clueless or truly believes that the ivf will work regardless of what I do and so in his mind flying should be no big deal. I also get panicky on planes now after a BAD experience with turbulence when I went over to Europe this summer. I usually take something but I won't be able to for that flight. He's so in for it when I get home later :growlmad:

My Oh and I have loads of arguments over the same thing... for example today the hospital said go home and rest and relax and he asked if i was going to do anything today around the house since im not in work!!!! :growlmad: Imactually in a fair bit of pain now the pain killers have worn off and got bad pains in my stomach and it hurts. He said "ahhh you said it didnt hurt much, your fine!!!" Cheeky fucker. I have just had my ovaries stabbed and now im feeling it but he wants me to clean the house. He never has any sympathy or understands... strolling round the house saying "yeah i think it might work this time" Oooh my

Mr confident clogs ay? It isnt that bloody cut and dried... i only wish it was! Shame he doesnt feel the need to ring the hospital and ask them to take to blast if we get that far.... but then hey we will never need that extra chance cos we are OBVIOUSLY going to get pregnant cos this is IVF and thats what it does!!!! Doofus! :dohh:

That doesn't seem very logical, does it? Hmm... I wonder too! I would definitely see if you could get them to wait to blast stage!

Not to me no... if i only got 5 eggs fair enough, last time we never asked for them to go to blast and we were right not to since only 3 fertilized anyway but with 10? Of course it depends how many fertilize but he should have discussed this with them all the same.... he is just worried about taking more time off work, im more concerned about this working and not having to go through this again because we achieved our goal... MEN!!! They p*ss me right off sometimes! I will ask but 3 day... 5 day.... I will take whatever as long as i get the chance! :hugs:

Getting ready to go for EC. I hope I get some good ones!

Sammy - how are you feeling?

Mercy and Isi - any more news?

Hi Megg!

And lots of hugs Flower. I'm sorry to seemingly have ignored your post. How are you feeling?

Hi Megg!

And lots of hugs Flower. I'm sorry to seemingly have ignored your post. How are you feeling?

Hi, oooh oooh im really excited for you! How many follies you got? Make sure you post as soon as you get back and GOOD LUCK!!!

Im feeling ok... bruised and uncomforatble but back at work and coping ok. I suppose its to be expected after being stabbed! :haha:

Hi Megg!

Flower i dont know if i replied to your post... quite possibly but if not then im so very sorry for how this worked out for you and I wish you all thevery best of luck with future treatment. :hugs:

11 eggs. Tomorrow I'll get a fertilization count. Off to bed!

Oooh great stuff hun!!!

Humphhh... they won't even give me my fertility report until Saturday. We rang them but they said that they dont do this since more often than not some keel over inbetween EC and ET so they dont like to disallusion people. Straight to the point and as sympathetic as ever... stupid Dutch! :growlmad:

Woo hoo! Great news, maxxi!!!

Sammy, your doctors are kinda weird -- I mean, I get their logic & all, but who doesn't disclose that information to the patient?? I have high hopes that you get good news, too!

AFM, should I say it? should I wait? .... eeeek! Let me put it this way, I've taken five pg tests & have gotten a progressively stronger, darker second line. I think I got the BFP!?! It'll be more official tomorrow, after the blood test...

You know its times like these that I wonder why i even bother going through this procedure... I am actually fertile but i go through this because of OH's negligence and poor lifestyle... because he drinks so much strong black coffee, because he drinks alcohol every night, because he smokes 20 fags a day, i have to go through this! And the thanks i get? Conversation from last night...

*I return back from hospita,l having been instructed to relax by the hospital and take it easy for the rest of the day, and lie on settee*

OH - So are you going to do anything today since your not going work?
ME - Allan i have just had my ovaries stabbed, I am feeling sore and have been told to relax
OH - Achhhht!!!! - You are fine, even you said the procedure didnt hurt, you were asleep
ME - ASLEEP????I was closing my eyes to try and concentrate on blocking out the pain! And i never said it was not painful, I said it wasnt as bad as last time!
OH - Right so you are leaving it for me to do when i get home then? (BTW the house is not a pit, just some dusting, tidying up - ALL OF IT HIS CRAP!)
ME - Right ok, i'll do it (i start dusting, tidying while in pain)
*OH Lets me get on with it and leaves the house*

OH comes in later after work and finds me with a quilt lying on the settee and says:

OH - Are you not feeling well?
ME - Disgusted at his lack of sympathy i reply - "Allan i have had my bits stabbed 10 times, i'm sore and I hurt and the anaesthetic has worn off now
OH - You're fine... you said it never hurt
ME - I NEVER SAID IT DIDNT HURT!!!!

What an unsympathetic, f*cking cock sucking, disrespectful piece of SHIT!

Today I said we will talk to the hospital about a 5 day transfer and he says:

OH - "WHATTTTTT???? so when will that be????"
ME - Monday
OH - MONDAY!!! Oh FFS i can't do Monday I have a full agenda
ME - I told you yesterday when you took the eggs yesterday that I was asking for a 5 day transfer
OH - No you didnt
ME - Yes i did i wrote it on the piece of paper for you to ask them"
*starts going crazy swearing and flapping his arms, acting like a spoilt child throwing all his toys out the pram
ME - Forget the whole thing there is NOT going to be a transfer anymore, you concentrate on your freaking job like you always do and put our family second to that - like you always do!

I can honestly say that in nearly 4 years I have never met anyone with such a selfish unsympathetic attitude who only ever thinks about himself, constantly puts his work before doctors appointments for me and DD, dentists, hospital appointments... everything basically. Another example, i fell down the stairs one day and nearly killed myself. He lied to me saying the doctors said nothing was broken i was fine, admitting he thought i was exaggerating my arm hurting so much and i was on a box of pain killers a day and constantly crying. 11 days later i had to go to the hospital cos i was in so much pain I could no longer stand it and it was broken in two places!!!!

Example number 2: My dad died... we flew to Spain to arrange the funeral for mum. He stayed with friends for the whole time, did nothing to help, got pissed every night and lay in bed hung over most of the following days while I ran around in 35 degrees of heat, 4 months PREGNANT consoling my mum and generally doing everything I could to arrange the funeral since my mum was too distraught to do so and this is what Allan says....

As we are sitting outside a bar one night trying to pick music for dads funeral he walks up to us PISSED and says:

"I don't think you should waste our money on buying your dad any flowers for his funeral, I think you should use the money to take our friends out for a meal to say thanks for letting me stay with them. You do not even want to KNOW my reaction but i'm well surprised he is still living! What a piece of shit. My friend has told me uppteen times at work to get rid of the piece of crap, my friend in Spain even offered for me to stay with her just so I could escape him and my mum hates his fucking guts after the comment about my dads flowers for her "deceased husband of 50 years" I can understand why...

Now you tell me girls what you would do and what you think... be honest. If you think I am over reacting tell me. If you think he is the lowest form of life and a complete w*nker then feel completely free to do so! I am beyond angry... I have had ENOUGH. I really don't think I want this awful person in my life any longer.... I am not only upset... I AM FUMING!!!! :growlmad:

Oh, dear. Sammy, I don't know what to say. Relationships are such personal things -- what works for one may be hell for another. I wonder if he has some really wonderful, counterbalancing traits that help you put up with the crappy bits? Is there something that makes it work? Something about him that makes you melt? You both sound like very passionate, expressive people -- that can be amazing & awful at the very same time. It could mean that you're really honest with each other, and that's how your relationship works -- getting super-angry, then getting over it? I don't know, hun! You're the only one that can say if it's worth it or not. But either way, the stress can't be good for your body! Hope things work out. :hugs: :hugs:

I'm sorry your upset Sammy but as Mercyme says he must have good points or you'd have never made it this far.

Sometimes though IVF makes it all the harder as you want a baby so much that you forget about the whole relationship too. If you could get pregnant naturally would you still be with him. Sorry I'm not explaining myself very well here. If it wasn't for IVF would you be with him? Silly question I know but sometime we think this is the only way to have a baby but if there's nothing wrong with you, there's no reason why you can't be happy with someone else and have family of your own naturally.

But, in the end its up to you.

I really do hope he takes a think to himself. You've been through a procedure and your body needs time to recover. I just hope you get time to relax after ET as that is going to be mega important and I don't want you running around doing the damn dusting, your body needs time to relax and let that little embie(s) snuggle in :hugs:

Sammy, your doctors are kinda weird -- I mean, I get their logic & all, but who doesn't disclose that information to the patient?? I have high hopes that you get good news, too!

AFM, should I say it? should I wait? .... eeeek! Let me put it this way, I've taken five pg tests & have gotten a progressively stronger, darker second line. I think I got the BFP!?! It'll be more official tomorrow, after the blood test...

Mercyme OMG I am SOOOOOO excited for you :happydance::happydance: and early huge congrats!!

Sammy- love I hope things get better, just try to focus on yourself as you need to stay happy and relaxed- guys just dont get us honestly we are not super heros we need down time and we need to recover. Sounds like you had an excellent egg retrieval though :thumbup:

hope everyone else is well, where is Isi???? i hope we get an update from her soon

:hugs:

That's fantastic! :hugs:

Oooh great stuff hun!!!

Humphhh... they won't even give me my fertility report until Saturday. We rang them but they said that they dont do this since more often than not some keel over inbetween EC and ET so they dont like to disallusion people. Straight to the point and as sympathetic as ever... stupid Dutch! :growlmad:

That's ridiculous! I've never heard of not getting a fertilization report the next day! :wacko:

I'd say its official, honey! :wohoo: CONGRATS! You're PREGNANT! :yipee:

You know its times like these that I wonder why i even bother going through this procedure... I am actually fertile but i go through this because of OH's negligence and poor lifestyle... because he drinks so much strong black coffee, because he drinks alcohol every night, because he smokes 20 fags a day, i have to go through this! And the thanks i get? Conversation from last night...

*I return back from hospita,l having been instructed to relax by the hospital and take it easy for the rest of the day, and lie on settee*

OH - So are you going to do anything today since your not going work?
ME - Allan i have just had my ovaries stabbed, I am feeling sore and have been told to relax
OH - Achhhht!!!! - You are fine, even you said the procedure didnt hurt, you were asleep
ME - ASLEEP????I was closing my eyes to try and concentrate on blocking out the pain! And i never said it was not painful, I said it wasnt as bad as last time!
OH - Right so you are leaving it for me to do when i get home then? (BTW the house is not a pit, just some dusting, tidying up - ALL OF IT HIS CRAP!)
ME - Right ok, i'll do it (i start dusting, tidying while in pain)
*OH Lets me get on with it and leaves the house*

OH comes in later after work and finds me with a quilt lying on the settee and says:

OH - Are you not feeling well?
ME - Disgusted at his lack of sympathy i reply - "Allan i have had my bits stabbed 10 times, i'm sore and I hurt and the anaesthetic has worn off now
OH - You're fine... you said it never hurt
ME - I NEVER SAID IT DIDNT HURT!!!!

What an unsympathetic, f*cking cock sucking, disrespectful piece of SHIT!

Today I said we will talk to the hospital about a 5 day transfer and he says:

OH - "WHATTTTTT???? so when will that be????"
ME - Monday
OH - MONDAY!!! Oh FFS i can't do Monday I have a full agenda
ME - I told you yesterday when you took the eggs yesterday that I was asking for a 5 day transfer
OH - No you didnt
ME - Yes i did i wrote it on the piece of paper for you to ask them"
*starts going crazy swearing and flapping his arms, acting like a spoilt child throwing all his toys out the pram
ME - Forget the whole thing there is NOT going to be a transfer anymore, you concentrate on your freaking job like you always do and put our family second to that - like you always do!

I can honestly say that in nearly 4 years I have never met anyone with such a selfish unsympathetic attitude who only ever thinks about himself, constantly puts his work before doctors appointments for me and DD, dentists, hospital appointments... everything basically. Another example, i fell down the stairs one day and nearly killed myself. He lied to me saying the doctors said nothing was broken i was fine, admitting he thought i was exaggerating my arm hurting so much and i was on a box of pain killers a day and constantly crying. 11 days later i had to go to the hospital cos i was in so much pain I could no longer stand it and it was broken in two places!!!!

Example number 2: My dad died... we flew to Spain to arrange the funeral for mum. He stayed with friends for the whole time, did nothing to help, got pissed every night and lay in bed hung over most of the following days while I ran around in 35 degrees of heat, 4 months PREGNANT consoling my mum and generally doing everything I could to arrange the funeral since my mum was too distraught to do so and this is what Allan says....

As we are sitting outside a bar one night trying to pick music for dads funeral he walks up to us PISSED and says:

"I don't think you should waste our money on buying your dad any flowers for his funeral, I think you should use the money to take our friends out for a meal to say thanks for letting me stay with them. You do not even want to KNOW my reaction but i'm well surprised he is still living! What a piece of shit. My friend has told me uppteen times at work to get rid of the piece of crap, my friend in Spain even offered for me to stay with her just so I could escape him and my mum hates his fucking guts after the comment about my dads flowers for her "deceased husband of 50 years" I can understand why...

Now you tell me girls what you would do and what you think... be honest. If you think I am over reacting tell me. If you think he is the lowest form of life and a complete w*nker then feel completely free to do so! I am beyond angry... I have had ENOUGH. I really don't think I want this awful person in my life any longer.... I am not only upset... I AM FUMING!!!! :growlmad:

Maybe the other girls are right and are some good points too... you should probably listen to them, as they sound more sensible than me. Me though? I think he sounds like a douche bag that could use his teeth kicked in for some of those things. I hope he's not so bad most of the time... And, there's got to be some reason you've kept him around. But, I'm in shock of how he was acting. That's not the proper way for an adult man to conduct himself, in my opinion! :hugs:

Mercyme OMG I am SOOOOOO excited for you :happydance::happydance: and early huge congrats!!

Sammy- love I hope things get better, just try to focus on yourself as you need to stay happy and relaxed- guys just dont get us honestly we are not super heros we need down time and we need to recover. Sounds like you had an excellent egg retrieval though :thumbup:

hope everyone else is well, where is Isi???? i hope we get an update from her soon

:hugs:

Isi updated her journal with a BFN... :cry: She was pretty upset. I don't know that she'll be back in here right away! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->