• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ICSI/FET Round 2 (or 3, or 4, or 5, etc.) ladies trying again in 2011

Hi girls,

Ive been off bnb for a while, but ive just been updating myself with all your news and just wanted to say hi :hi:

Will catch up in next few days but good luck to you lolly, doodar, liz, and abby.

Ive just looked at the lovely comments from you ladies when our fet failed and just wanted to say thank you to you all. Had a pretty shit month to be honest plus we've been told that our funding has been cut so we will be paying for our next cycle (we were previously assured we had 2 whole cycles funded but no longer), i suppose at least we have had 1 cycle but its just even more pressure isn't it? We have 2 more frosties so now need to decide on whether to use those or try for a fresh, im 37 in july so feel like im getting older everyday (well i am :dohh:) but im not sure if im prepared enough for a fresh. Sorry to go on and on!!!!!!! We've got our follow up on the 19th may so well see what they rec!

Isi, Sila and Kat - so happy to see everything is going well.

Ann-so sorry, hope you are ok and looking forward to your follow up on the 16th.

And sending you loads of PMA to all ladies cycling now, Lizz, i was interested to hear about your clinic because we may look at the agora when we do our fresh cycle as now we have to pay, we can choose. Good luck girls xxxxxx

Hi Angiemon,

Hope you're doing ok.

I would so recommend the Agora. The nurses are amazing, they are so solution focused, unflappable, great attitude, funny and kind. They really take an interest in you as an individual rather than just another emotional customer. The place is very conducive to helping you relax, it looks a bit like the waiting room for a spa!

I cannot speak more highly of them. After our first failed ICSI they were all so supportive and kind. You even get fluffy robes when you have your collection and transfer - that's always a winner in a hotel for me, so a huge bonus in a clinic!

Take care of yourself.

Liz x

feb cycle cancelled. april cycle failed.
waiting for august cycle after taking 3 months break.

Lizz - thinking of you this morning, so excited to here ur update. X

Hi Angiemon

Lovely to see you back but so sorry once again for what you have had to go through. Also the funding cuts. Where are you based? I know it is us NHS girls fear during these times and was what pushed me to chase up my next cycle. It is however very positive that you have two remaining forsties. Luzz seems to have given you some very positive feedback about her clinic. Must say it sounds good to me! I hope that you make some positive next steps and decisions at your follow up appointment on 19th. Somehow having a plan in your head always does a lot to lift the PMA. Sending you love and :hugs:

Hi Please. Thank you so much for your kind words! You sound like you are doing great and reponding well to the stimms. Did they lower your meds dose? When I was stimming they constantly lowered my menopur. Had to have bloods every other day and each time it was being lowered until they cut it completely for a day! But they are very careful and i'm sure you will do fine. I feel for your regarding ER. Luckily I had sedation. But agin i'm sure you will do fine. LA will numb everything so you shouldn't feel a thing. Plus the recovery time should be faster to. I think it is very often fear of the unknown, once you do it i'm sure you will look back and realise it wasn't as bad as you had imaginied. Keep us updated hunny :hugs:

Hi Lizz. Have replied to you on the ICSI 2011 thread but thought would here to! I hope that your appointment today went well. Let us know the good news and don't be too disheartened if they push egg collection to friday, you will have some top notch eggies by then :hugs:

Hi Isi, Sila, Kat and all your lovely babies! :hugs:

AFM... Going to the hospital tomorrow. Meant to be today but they were having probs with the lab so going tomorrow. No bother to me really. Meant I could have a lie in after the journey back from our hols yesterday and watch the royal wedding... DP was thrilled... :haha: AF should be due in couple of days. Feel really groggy today and slightly tender boobs so thinking somethings going on, although have AF that rarely who knows!!

All my love,

Lolly xxxxxxxxxx

Hi Ladies,

Scan and bloods went fine on Friday. All going to plan, if a little slow.... the follies are about 12mm now, so it looks like they're growing about 1mm a day, so the money is now on Friday for collection. I'm ok with that, although I have relatives coming over for a month from USA in a couple of weeks and I was hoping to be out of the 2WW by then. But as I have learned throughout this process, things do not generally go to plan and you've just got to accept it and move on......

As soon as I turn down a glass of wine, the first thing my sister in law will say is - Are you pregnant! She is seriously like a dog after a bone with this one. We haven't told anyone about our failed ICSI in Jan, or this one.

If we go for Friday then I think i'll have to blag her for 6 days!! I think i'll worry about that when it happens though.

Abby - How did you appointment go on Saturday, what's the news!?

Thanks for all your support.

x

Thanks Lizz for your advice on the agora, does sound lovely. Our plan is to try for another frozen cycle and stay where we are for that and then perhaps look around. The fluffy robes could clinch it. :haha: Our clinic is quite good too so we're not sure yet. Hopefully the frozen cycle will work and we won't have to worry about another fresh (fingers crxed). Your follies sound like they're making good progress, they seem to have a little boost at the end too, so you'll be great. Very exciting! I know what you mean about the wine, im avoiding (trying) the pub at the moment, because ill get the same about not having a drink! I know I shouldn't drink anything at the moment but i do find that bit hard, its bad but my family/friends are all drinkers and im kind of in that culture where you have a glass of wine when you meet up!! Good luck for your EC!!

Hi Lolly, thanks for your lovely words. Im based in Crawley and there is supposed to be a type of review going on but its not looking good for us. Thats why we're thinking of trying to use our frosites first as the whole process is a lot less money!?! Still trying naturally of course! How did your appointment go? Wont be long before your injecting away :happydance: seems kind of inappropriate but thats how it is isnt it? It then feels like we're actually doing something :thumbup:

Hi to everyone else,

xxxx

Hi Ladies,

Well i'm up to 18mm now on a couple! Had the scan this morning and bloods, was wondering why I've been so tired - I had the growth spurt i was after.

All looking good for Friday.

Hope you're all ok.

Liz x

Hi Lizz

I'm at the Agora too - on NHS! Have found them to be nice so far, if a little chaotic at times. The nurses are so patient, I have phoned them so many times just to ask for advice on stuff and they always seem happy to spare the time.

Did you have Carole G-S or Ehab Kelada? We had all our appts with him so far, but on Weds we see her, I've heard she is very direct so I'm hoping she doesn't make me cry!

Do you have any tips/ advice as we haven't actually begun yet - we find out on Weds if we are long or short protocol, if long then we'll start that very day as it's my CD21 and have the nurse appt to teach me the injections.. which protocol did you do?

I also wondered when they recommend ICSI as we're not sure if they will suggest this to us. We are unexplained, but I think they might recommend it as we've been trying 2 years without success? Would love to understand more about this before Weds if you can enlighten me at all!

Meanwhile - really really good luck with this week, Friday and the rest of the cycle.. I am really hoping for you. I'm going to be in your position in about 3 weeks!

Hey Littlemouse,

How brilliant is that! I've found them to be fantastic, so you really are in good hands.

Our first consultation was with Carole, she is a little more direct in a doctorey way, but very nice and helpful - don't worry about the appointment, just go armed with lots of questions, i'm a bit of a muppet and write them all down in my little book!
Strangely, we saw Dr Kelada at the Royal Sussex and he referred us to the Agora, then he performed my first EC, and we had the follow up appointment with him when it didn't work. He really was very kind reassuring and helpful.

My first go I did the long protocol with the pill and this time i've done the long protocol without the pill. My main bit of advice is to drink lots of water. Sounds nuts, but the first time I didn't at first and got some dizzyness from the buserelin (down regging meds). Also don't be fearful - it really is fine. Ok, so you have to stick a needle (or two) in your self each day, but after the first couple it's like making a cup of tea! Sometimes the expectation is the worst, try not to let your head run away with the 'what if's'. Be prepared for dates to move around too - they will give you your schedule on a piece of paper with scan dates and schedule for ec and et. Both times mine have changed, the first time i got very stressed with what I do about work - time off etc, but this time i've expected it to change and been ok with it.

We didn't know we would be doing ICSI until the lab called us a couple of hours after collection. The swimmers weren't up to it in the sample, so they decided to get the best result they would inject the little buggers into the eggs. We got 16 eggs, 10 fertilised with ICSI and they put one back at blastocyst (5 days) and froze 3. Unfortunately it wasn't successful, so here we are 3 months later.

Lots of luck and if you need to know anything else i'm really happy to help.

Liz x

Hey Girls! Havn't caught up yet but hope ur all doing well.
It was confirmed today that I can not have a fresh transfer, I was so upset this morning it felt like my heart was breaking into a million pieces, i was crying while having the US cos i just new the outcome. My estrogen today was 26000 it should be about 14000, if the estrogen is over 15000 they will not do a fresh transfer as too much risk for bad OHSS. I have about 30 good follies, the biggest are 23mm, trigger tonight for collection wednesday. All i can do is hope for a good amount of mature eggs that fertilise, they will all be frozen and we have to wait 2/3 months for an FET (ouch that hurts to say that)
Abby x

Liz thanks so much that is so helpful and really reassuring! :flower:

I didn't know they could decide to do ICSI after observing the swimmers 'natually' so that's very interesting to know. I guess they can take the same approach with us which hopefully means one less decision to make and we can be lead by the experts at the time.

I thought I knew so much and had no idea about the long protocol with BCP too! But I won't try to second guess what they will do for me as I suppose it comes down to the individual and so many different factors..

I know they prefer to go to blastocyst if possible and to put back only 1 in the hope of avoiding multiples. Are you going to go for 2 this time if they give you the choice? Sorry if that's too personal, it's just one of those questions we are already racking our brains about. Because we only get 2 fresh gos paid for I think it's very tempting on round 2 to just go for it!

Do you mind me asking if they ever said why the first go didn't work? Please don't answer if that's rude of me to ask or if you prefer not to go there just now. I'm just intrigued as to whether they are ever able to identify the cause when it seemed like you had a really good chance.

Anyway. Hoping your follies are getting big and strong ready for Friday :happydance:

X

Hi ladies,

Abby - I hope you are ok. You must be so upset about the delay to things. Try to give yourself a bit of space and time after you have the collection. Three months will fly by, but i know how hard it is. The worst part of this whole process is the waiting and waiting. OHSS can get really serious, so they are looking out for you, it's better to have you really really healthy in 3 months and the FET works, rather than you being below parr and then it not sticking. Try to keep positive and/or drink wine..... xx

Izzy - The clinic do recommend that they only go for a single transfer the first time to avoid multiples, i was like 'bring it on!' stick 2 back in, but they wanted to be cautious. This time, however they're putting 2 back in!
Dr Kelada was brilliant at the consultation after the first didn't work, he was really kind and basically said that the whole process was text book. Down regging and stimming was fine (they upped the Gonal f a bit half way through, but other than that no probs), collection we got 16 eggs, 10 fertilised with ICSI, 3 frozen at blasto and one put back in. He said that sometimes there aren't any reasons for it. There is apparently speculation that it could be something to do with chromosomal abnormalities in the embryo which is why sometimes they don't stick; kind of natural selection i guess. But there are no concrete reasons. That kind of sucks, but after a few days we turned the corner and started to deal with it. The best thing for me was knowing when i could start again! So after 2 periods we were back on it. Like you, we get 2 fresh and 2 frozen shots.

The follies are a bit achy, some are at 18mm yesterday, most just under, so they have taken my gonal f down a bit and hopefully after my scan tomorrow I can trigger tomorrow night. Excited/nervous in equal measures.

Liz x

Abby,

Just wanted to say lots of luck for tomorrow. Lots of nice deep breaths to keep you calm and it'll all be over in no time. Make sure you take care of yourself for a couple of days afterwards.

Let me know how you get on, i'll be thinking of you.

Liz x

Hi Liz,

Sorry havent been online, we went away for a long wkend to gran canaria and couldn't get on! Was thinking about you on Friday and sending lots of good thoughts for your EC. How did it all go?? Have been trying to look for you on other threads but couldnt see you. When are you having ET? Hope everything is going well and that you will soon be in the 2ww (if not already)

Hi to everyone else too, just thought id wake you all up :happydance:

xxx

Thanks for waking us up Angie :hugs:

I'm sure you're PUPO, Lizz, Lolly and Please. Wishing you ladies loads of luck!!!

As for me, all has been well. Had my nuchal scan on Tuesday, and it was great. One baby was chilled and sucking his/her thumb, while the other was jumping all over the place. It was so beautiful.

Work though hasn't been so great. Loads of competition here and I'm not at my sharpest, so its been rough. That, combined with my bad MS and fatigue....that's why I haven't been on BnB as much. Ah well.....hope I feel better soon, so I can get back in there.

Love to everyone!!!

Hi Angie and Buttercup and ladies,

I've been updating on the 'ICSI 2011' board, i've been banging on so much i've forgotten where i've posted!

All good thanks, I'm officially PUPO with twins!!

I had EC last wednesday they got 21 bloomin eggs, which I was thrilled with. 12 fertilised with ICSI and had 2 put back in at blasto yesterday. I'm just waiting on the clinic to let me know if any of them are good enough to freeze. We already have 3 frosties, so I would be happy with any really.

I'm not at work today, so trying to take it easy - eating boiled eggs and soldiers and watching bad tv (Jeremy Kyle was ace today!!) feet up.
I have also instructed my 3 cats to be bean warmers, so they have a lot of responsibility in the next few days.

I test on the 22nd, so utterly terrified, but trying not to think about it at the mo.

Buttercup - here's hoping I might be in the same situation as you soon, sounds amazing.

Hope everyone else is ok.

Liz x

Hi Liz, i saw all your news on the other thread just now, wow everything is looking great :thumbup: feet up now and take it easy as you can!!!

Isi-its great to hear from you and good to hear the little ones are behaving. I have a pic in my head now of one of your wee ones sucking his/her thumb, so sweet!!! Hope work is not too tough.

afm, got some good news today. Our funding has been reinstated so we will get another cycle funded. Feels like such a pressure taken off us!! Now need to get my body ready. Been feeling quite down about things and feel like im not looking after myself properly so need to do all the good things again. My energy levels feel very low, does anyone have any ideas to get energy back? The gym feels like such hard work right now and im normally pretty good. To be honest getting out of bed has been hard but im hoping the great news today will lift me up a bit. Ive suffered with depression in the past and felt a bit like i was going down the black hole again.......god my mind is so mixed :dohh:

Hi to everyone else :winkwink:

Hi Angie, Isi and Liz!

Lovely to hear from you angiemon! Have been thinking of you and wondering how everyone is getting on. I'm sorry to hear that you have been struggling, its so hard isn't it? But the news today about the funding is fantastic. bet you didn't expect that one! I hope that now you have a focus in mind your mood starts to lift. From experience it can take time, i'm sure you know only too well. I hope that this gives it a little nudge in the right direction. So any idea of time frames you are now looking at? Glad you're back hun :hugs:

Hi Isi! You are so blessed with your two lovely bubs! Sounds a fantastic moment and one to treasure forever. I hope that the MS tails off and work becomes a bit better for you. Don't stress though, work is work, but this is your family :happydance: All my love!

Hi Liz, know we've been chatting on the other forum but thought would say hi here to! How are your two little beans? Hope that your fur babies are keeping them warm so they can snuggle in. Also hope your other problem :blush: has resolved itself!! I used the progesterone vaginally and am actually switching to the dark side :haha: this time round. They aggrivated my cervix last cycle and caused bleeding and potting from quiete early on so thinking of changing tactics! Thanks for the head up on what to look out for!! Hope you continue to feel chilled out, you sound to be in a good place. :dust:

AFM... got a voicemail from the clinic today saying where was I was meant to be there at 7.45... Luckily another a second later saying they were on the wrong diary page and it is still monday 16th for my injection teach! Talking about a moment of panic!!

Love Lolly xxxxxxxx

Hi Lolly, :hugs:ive been keeping an eye on your posts, you always seem to say the right thing!! God, that must have been such a panic moment, i can so imagine it!! So is it just the injection training on Monday, when do you actually start everything? Sorry if you have said but its hard to keep up, I did start writing notes :wacko: I so hope this is your time. Its so difficult and you've done so much waiting but still supporting people at the same time, its so good of you!! So your job is going well and your degree is almost finished, perhaps it would be a good time to relax :sleep: but i know its hard because you don't want to put your life on hold either!!
I actually feel alot better already today, its mad really. Went to the gym this morning before work (i work with my brother in construction and things are a bit slow at the moment so i can be flexible) and now feel good. Depression is a weird thing, one day is all doom and gloom and the next the cloud lifts. Im starting to think if theres a link between suffering with it and having problems conceiving. A thread has just started re melatonin levels and im worried that if naturally your melatonin levels are low sometimes, it may affect it. Another question for the doctor!!!
As for our time scales, we go for our follow-up next Thursday and we should probably know more then, she will probably say to start next cycle (she has done in the past) which will be june but this cycle my period was late and not normal for me so perhaps another period would do me good but then its wait, wait, wait again :dohh: and also i think we could do with spending a bit more time getting healthy (been drinking more than I would like lately and so has DP) and hes off to Ibiza for a mates 40th in a few weeks only for a few days and he has got more willpower than me but still we'll see!!!!
Sorry to go on and on and on :haha:
On the progesterone chat, first time i couldnt wait to go from back door to front but i felt like it wasn't working properly and so last time i did all back door, i know its not the nicest poking up there but these things have to be done im afraid and we can only laugh :haha:
Liz, how are you doing? I hope your okay and not driving yourself too mad. Really praying and hoping for you :hugs:

And :hi: to everyone else xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->