• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ICSI/FET Round 2 (or 3, or 4, or 5, etc.) ladies trying again in 2011

Thanks Lolly everything is still good :) My next scan is not for three weeks but I had my NT scan and everything still fine.... Time is going quite quick and I can't wait to find out what I'm having and see that little ones face! I have had a great pregnancy so far, no morning sickness, only tiredness and sore boobs but even that is subsiding now I'm past the magic 12 week mark. I really feel blessed to be honest... and won't be long 'till it's your turn Lolly I have a good feeling about this time for you xox

Congrats Isi and everything will be fine with the scan don't even think about it xoxox

Lizzb - just wanted to say it seems I am at the same point as u, I start stimming tomorrow also and collection is likely to be the 4th. Could I ask what dose u r on? X

Hiya everyone

Wow I've had some catching up to do!

Wishful - good luck with all your investigations - I'm praying for another natural bfp for you.

Lolly - crikey that woman sounds bloody awful! What an absolute cow! This whole process is stressful enough without people adding to it! Good luck with your cycle hun.

Doodah - good luck with your FET and enjoy your shopping!

Isi - glad all is going well with your little twinnies!

Kat - glad all is well with you too. I have had really bad sickness, headaches and exhaustion but so pleased I am preggo I don't care!

LizzB - good luck with your stimms - let us know how you get on.

Ann - good luck on the 16th. How soon can you get going again?

AFM - I'm fine. Had my 12 week nuchal scan last week and all seemed fine - waiting for the blood test results but hopefully they would have called me by now if I was in the high risk group. I'm showing already (not sure if it's baby or cake lol!)

Hey Ladies,

Just shot my first stimms tonight, wow can't believe i'm back on it again!

Please - great to hear we're on the same rollercoaster at exactly the same time! I've been on .50 Buserelin, but that's now dropped to .25 and i'm on 225 Gonal F, hopeful for collection on the 4th too!
How about you?

My last cycle i was on 150 gonal F, but the follicles were a little slow, so they upped it halfway through and dropped the buserelin and I had to stimm for an extra 5 days. So I guess the science bit is to go with the higher dose this time and hope I don't go nuts!

Everything is crossed, double crossed and triple crossed, good luck ladies.

Liz x

Just a quickie ladies....

I've just got a bit of spotting today, noticed it when I went to the loo, quite a bit on the loo roll (sorry if TMI!). Started stimming last night.

Has anyone else had this? I didn't on my first ICSI.

I'm sure it's ok/normal and nothing to panic about, but would appreciate any thoughts.

I'm tempted to ring the emergency line, but feel a bit daft on Easter weekend! If it gets worse I will.

Let me know.

Liz x

Lizzb - Nice to have someone to go through this with (well sort of, wish we both didn't need it tho) me to DH did my first shot last night. He did it so well didn't hurt a bit. For down regging I was on two nasal sprays twice a day, dropped it yesterday to one spray twice a day. I am on 112.5 gonal f, I know this is a really low dose I think it's cos they're worried about OHSS as I am only 24 and have PCO. Do u mind if I ask how old u r? When is ur first monitoring app? Mine is Thursday after 6 days of stims. X

Hi Please,

It does somehow seem comforting that someone else is going through this malarkey at the same time! I've just turned 35, we've not been using any contraception for about 5 years and I was hoping we would just fall pregnant.....I really didn't want to become a neurotic baby loon as usually I would rather have cats! It turns out the the swimmers aren't up to it and apparently my cervix is a bit like a corkscrew, so only olympic ones would make it!
So here we are.

I think if there is any chance you might overstimm they put you on a lower dose, but it's better for it to be slower and the follicles grow over a longer period of time than have to coast. On my first attempt they grew quite slowly on 150 and when they upped it to 225 they grew more rapidly - it took an extra 5 days to get there, but all worked ok in the end.

is this your first go?

My next appointment at the clinic is on wed, let me know how you get on on Thurs.

Liz x

Hi Liz! I know that feeling, I've been off the pill since our honeymoon in April 08. Just thought it would happen but month after month nothing. This is our first go at IVF, we have three fresh cycles and upto three frozen (eggs permitting) within our funding (we are very lucky) I have to say I also went through the crazy TTC woman phase. I came out of that about July last year decided we had to start living our life again. IVF is quite a relief now, feel like it may just happen now. I'm also a mad cat woman, have two fur babies! You did make me laugh with your challenging cervix, I just don't think sperm are intelligent enough to cope with the olympics.lol! Is this your first IVF? Where are you having treatment? I'm just hoping the follies grow for us both. Have you had any bruising? My first stim shot was a walk in the park no pain, no mark nothing. Last night a completely different story, hurt when it went in, bled when it came out, hurt like hell and I have a purple bruise the size of a 50p, the only thing DH did different was he did it on the other side. Going back to the other side tonight. Can you feel anything happening down there? So excited to here how Wednesdsy goes. Abby x

Hi Abby,

Sorry to hear the stimms are hurting a bit. Have you tried pinching the fleshy bit either side when you stick the needle in? I've been injecting buserelin for the last couple of weeks rather than on the nasal spray and this is my second go at IVF so I've had quite a bit of practice.

We're in Brighton so at an amazing Clinic called the Agora in Hove. We're NHS funded and it is an amazing place to have treatment, you cannot fault anything. So much better than having to have to go into a hospital. We get 2 fresh and 2 frozen attempts.

Our first attempt didn't work back in January, but we did get 3 frosties at blastocyst which are waiting for us. It's always good to have back ups! On this cycle they're putting 2 back in (as long as everything goes well), so hopefully we will be luckier this time round.

I'm feeling fine at the moment, but last time I felt a kind of mild period pain after stimming for about a week until collection. It just a feeling of pressure as you get closer. Nothing too major.

How are you feeling?

Liz x

Hi Abby,

Sorry to hear the stimms are hurting a bit. Have you tried pinching the fleshy bit either side when you stick the needle in? I've been injecting buserelin for the last couple of weeks rather than on the nasal spray and this is my second go at IVF so I've had quite a bit of practice.

We're in Brighton so at an amazing Clinic called the Agora in Hove. We're NHS funded and it is an amazing place to have treatment, you cannot fault anything. So much better than having to have to go into a hospital. We get 2 fresh and 2 frozen attempts.

Our first attempt didn't work back in January, but we did get 3 frosties at blastocyst which are waiting for us. It's always good to have back ups! On this cycle they're putting 2 back in (as long as everything goes well), so hopefully we will be luckier this time round.

I'm feeling fine at the moment, but last time I felt a kind of mild period pain after stimming for about a week until collection. It just a feeling of pressure as you get closer. Nothing too major.

How are you feeling?

Liz x

Hey Liz! Well DH thinks he knows where he went wrong on day 2 of stims, he pulled the needle out on the angle, so the needle pinged on it's way out. Yesterday and today were perfect, also holding ice on the area for a couple of minutes really helps. Wow ur a pro (not something we want to be a pro @ im sure) so glad I had the nasal spray, what a wimp I am. I hope this is your final IVF cycle.
Is it a private clinic that also does NHS? We are at Bourn Hall Clinic Cambridge, the founder is the guy who came up with IVF. It is a beautiful place you feel so looked after and nothing is to much trouble, we feel like we're private patients. It was my worst nightmare to have to do it at Addenbrookes hospital, they never seem to know what they're doing, they offered us a satellite clinic that you have some stuff done there and some at the hospital, me and DH were like 'he'll no' lol. Your funding is good to, that's awesome. Brilliant you have some frosties, sorry I'm being nosey again how did that numbers go last time (eggs collected, fertilised, what day transfer and how many transferred) I am only allowed 1 transferred, they will try for day 5 if not day 2. I really hope all goes well for you and u hav 2 gorgeous embies to transfer.
I feel ok, bad headache today but guess that's the estrogen rising, feeling something going on in my ovaries (fx'd I'm doing my thing) take care x

Hi Abby,

Glad you’re doing ok, I got my first massive spot today, so the hormones are obviously starting to go nuts! I’m having a few ovary twinges too – next Wednesday really isn’t that far away is it?! Hope we both manage to have our collection then, it all depends on the scans and growth I guess.

On my last go, we got 16 eggs from collection and then got 4 to a really good blastocyst stage, and I had one put back in and they froze the other 3.
The collection really is fine. So don’t worry too much about it, the expectation can be much greater than the event and you could drive yourself crazy!

I went in last time about 9am, sat around for an hour and then went through to get changed into a gown and a cosy robe, met the consultant and anaesthetist (who really just said hello and how are you feeling) and then walked through into the operating room and sat down and they explained what was going to happen. The other half was taken off to his little room just after me to play his part!

I took off my robe lay down and then they put the needle thing in the back if my left hand (the thing that looks like fairy liquid bottle top!) and they said we’re going to administer the pain killer and then the sedative through it, which they did. At first I felt it going up my arm, it was a bit cold, and then when they whack the sedative in, it feels like you’ve just drunk and entire bottle of gin and have to shut your eyes, that only lasts for a split second though. It was amazing, I woke up 25 minutes later with no pain at all, just felt a bit wobbly for 5 minutes. They make sure you have something to eat and drink and then make sure you have a wee before they let you go home. I was amazed by how quick and simple it all seemed to be! I did take 2 days off work though as recommended. They phoned that afternoon to say they were going to do ICSI and then kept us in touch most days with how the eggs were fertilising. I then had a day 5 transfer of a single blasto.

It’s great you have a fab clinic I think it makes all the difference to how you feel. I googled yours and it looks so nice. I hope the staff are supportive there? My clinic really is amazing, the nurses especially are so aware of everything that’s involved in the process and really do seem to give a monkeys about you – have a look www.agoraclinic.co.uk .

Well I’d better get back to doing something useful at work, let me know how you’re getting on – don’t worry about asking questions about it all, I’m happy to help!

Liz x

Hi Liz

Wish I had more time to post but I'm so busy, was thinking about you today. Let me know how you got on? X

Hi Abby,

Thanks for your message. Scan went well thanks. I've got 9 follicles on one side and about 11 on the other, all about 9mm, so there's a bit of growing we need to be doing!

My nurse did say she has a hunch we may push collection on to Friday 6th if they keep growing at this rate. That would be a pain, but will hope for a growth spurt!

However I did read (randomly) on some website today that if you keep your tummy warm and lie on your back with your legs up the wall for 20 minutes a day that it helps the blood flow to your follies! Hell, can I find a hot water bottle in my house or the supermarket?? I am on a quest tomorrow and will have my legs up in the air very shortly!! I'll try anything.....

Let me know how you get on tomorrow, will be thinking about you.
Liz x

Hi Ladies

Sorry been absent lately, been on hols with my mum and dad. Just what we needed!

Thank you so much Isi. Hope you and LOs are well. Loads of love and hugs!

Lizz and please, good luck girlies! Its all so exciting (and scary) once things get moving!! Wishing you all the very best of luck and bags of PMA, swear its the way forward!!

Lizz I have heard that warm over the tummy during stimms is good, but make sure not too hot. Can you get one of those lavendar or wheatgrass bags that you microwave? I had a teddy given to me a couple of moths back when I left my old job that has that stuff inside. Saving it for thios cycle. Plus the scent may relax me a bit to... here's hoping!! The upside down thingy is new to me though :haha: But like you say, why not give it a try!

I have finished my tablets this evening so AF should arrive over the weekend. I have a blood test back at the clinic friday. Had a voicemail message late thursday that one needed repeating. Had an emotional breakdown and convinced myself something was terribly wrong. Was all the more upset that I wouldn't get to speak to anyone due to the bank holiday weekend and the fact I was away meant I was powerless. Poor DP couldn't calm me down! Anyway I actually got through first time the next morning, of course they were still there! And the only reason it needs repeating is the fact they used the wrong form!!! Should have been mad but too relieved! Although bit annoyed that the nurse didn't think to say that in the message :wacko: Guess anyone going through this process sadly thinks the worst.

Love to all of you ladies, take care and lots of :hugs: and babydust,

Lolly xxxxxxxxx

Isi - thank you sweetie, so glad to see things are progressing well for you and you sweet babies!
Lolly - I've been meaning to say I've seen ur posts on this thread and other threads of the last few months and I have to say u are such a sweetie. Thank u for the good luck wishes. Really hope number round 2 is the one for u.
Liz - Thank u for sharing the details of ur last cycle, it all seemed so perfect such a shame it didn't work out, but I keep hearing a lot of times it doesn't work on the first go but does on the second : ) I am really worried about egg collection, my clinic doesn't offer GA or sedation, literally just a local A down there, and gas and air. I'm so crapping my pants about that, everything else I'm not worried about. I'm so pleased ur scan went well, what a great amount of follies, hoping they continue to grow nicely for u. I have my first monitoring at 10.30 eeek...not looking forward to having that thing (which may add looks suspiciously like a dildo, go down there lol) never had an internal scan before. Can't wait to see if/how I'm responding, I hope I am as can really feel things going on down there. Will update this afternoon. Must start pruning now...lol

I have a question if anyone can help, today I had the biggest glob of EWCM tinged brown, I normally get this 4ish days before I ovulate, now I'm panicing I'm going to ovulate, anyone have this happen is it normal? Or does it mean maybe my follies will be ready in 4 days? I've done 6 days of stim. I will ask the clinic in a round about way.

Lizz - sorry iPad won't let me move back up, when do u go back to the clinic?

Xxx

Hey Girls!
Back from my first monitoring appointment, I'm so pleased to say it wasnt bad at all. I was so scared they would say I hadn't responded, but then again I was worried about there being too many follies because im at risk of OHSS. So I was so relieved when it seems i've reached a middle ground...yay.
My lining is already where they want it to be at a 10.
My uterus/cervix/ovaries are looking good, no polyps/cysts etc
On my left ovary I have about 15 follies.
On my right ovary I have about 25 follies.
I was like OMG thats too many, but they are not all in the running, my clinic counts the ones that are above 10mm so there are 10 between 11-13mm. With about another 5 about 9mm, which she believes will continue to grow and catch up. So we're on target for about 15 follies, they said 70% normally contain eggs so hopefully 10 eggs which would be lovely, but i know all things can change as its still early days. I also had BW dne to check estrogen depending on the result they may want to lower the dose and will let me know this afternoon. I go back for another monitoring Saturday. They have said they estimate collection about Weds 4th. Starting to feel achey now, they have told me to drink 2ltrs water and up my protein intake.
xxx

Hi Ladies,

Abby -Fab news, it seems they're all growing nicely - nice high numbers and the size looks great too! Sometimes the expectation of the appointment is worse that the actual thing. The probe they use is a bit uncomfortable but once it's in it's in!

I know what you mean about the pruning, it's hilarious isn't it that we bother about things like this - I suppose when your a doc/nurse once you've seen one you've seen the lot!!

I have my next one tomorrow (Fri) so i'm hoping mine have grown a bit more as I really want collection to be wed. I bought a hot water bottle today, so have sat with a warm bottle on my tummy all day and then I lay with my legs up against the wall for an hour as I read somewhere that that helps the follies grow! I think i'm going a bit crazy.....! I've been really tired today so hoping all my energy is going into hatching these damn things.

Glad things are going so well for you, keep nice and calm (easier said than done I know) and let me know how you get on on Sat.

Lolly - hope you're getting on Ok, fingers crossed AF arrives - seems nuts when you actually want it to doesn't it! But it's just another hurdle to get over on this bonkers journey.

Buttercup - thanks for your thoughts, lets hope we're all following in your footsteps soon.

Liz x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->