IVF in june/july 2012

Reaction score
hi there! I am starting IVF in June for the first time. :happydance: Totally scared/excited!
anyone else going to be having an IVF cycle near the summer that wants to join me?
lets do this together! :hugs:

updated! June/ July IVF Girls

Raelynn
BCP 5/26-6/12. Start Stims 6/16. Trigger _____. ER _____, ___ eggs & ___ fertilized. ET _____, ___ transfered. ____ :cold:

amylou123
BCP 5/31-6/19. Start Lupron 6/12. Stims 6/26. Trigger _____. ER _____, ___ eggs & ___ fertilized. ET _____, ___ transfered. ____ :cold:

JMC111
ER 6/12, 10 eggs & 5 fertilized. ET 6/15, 2 transfered. 3 :cold: Beta results on 6/27!!

Hi Afamilygal. I'm schedule for an IUI tomorrow & if that one doesn't work I have one more that would be covered by our insurance. If that one doesn't work then we're moving on to IVF. I'm thinking that like be around July. So if we're not blessed with a BFP I'll be joining you on this journey. Please let me know when you start, what meds they put you on. I'm very curious to find out how the IVF process goes.

Hi sunshine!! :wave: glad to have you here! I really hope your IUI works! I have a couple of friends for whom IUI worked great so Ill cross my fingers for you! :D

are you on any stimulants? what are your dets?

Ill be sure to let you know how the IVF goes and hopefully more lovely ladies will join us here so we can all discuss and moan together! :) It certainly helps to have people to talk about this stuff with who are going through it too. the business of making babies is HARD, jeez.. :)

so IUI is tomorrow? exciting!!! GL!!!

Hi Afamilygal,
I'm planning on doing an IVF cycle in June/July- hopefully starting around June 20th.
We've done two previous cycles, one IVF and one frozen embryo transfer, both negative. We've also tried a few cycles with clomid; also no luck.
I'm excited and trying to stay optimistic but not looking forward to all the shots and really worried that it is going to be another negative. Everything went perfectly with the previous IVF cycles except for the negative HCG. The docs don't have an explanation for all the negatives either. I'm 32 and my husband is 33. We've been TTC since 2010 with unexplained infertility on my part.
When are you planning on starting your cycle?

hi amy lou! my next cycle will start once my BC runs out (so about 2 weeks from Friday) and Ill start stims more or less around the same time as you so that's nice! did you mean the 20th was around the stims starting time or the transfer time?

Im really sorry to hear that your other cycles didnt work out, I can only imagine how disappointing and sad that must have been :( (hugs)
that must be really hard on you not knowing why it didnt work- perhaps it is just timing? everyone says that to me and I want to hit them so sorry if that made you feel bad... its just hard isnt it? there arent really any words to make this process easier to digest.
I have hope for you though! 3rd time lucky!!! :D

how many did you transfer in each cycle?
My dr wants to only do one at a time which I sort of like since I dont really want twins if I can avoid it but at the same time- its seems so scary to only do one...

Hey everyone! I just started my first IVF. I am on the last few days of BCP and tonight will be my 4th shot of lupron. So far so good. I feel great, but my (.)(.) are really sore for the past 3 weeks because of the BCP and I have been sooo hungry as well. Hopefuly its a forshadowing of what's to come soon. So far no effects from the lupron.

What meds will you girls be taking? I will be doing lupron, bravelle, menopur, doxycycline and medrol before EC and crinone and prometruim suppositories and estrogen patches after.

Welcome MsTX,
I'm not sure about the meds- probably lupron,doxy, HSG and FSH (I think one of those is menopur) and the progesterone suppositories since these were what I took last time and my body seemed to respond well other than the whole not getting pregnant thing. The other time I did a fresh IVF cycle, one of the meds made my breasts extremely sore- it hurt when I even gently hugged friends.

A family gal- Third times a charm, right?
I only transferred one embryo in the previous cycles. In the fresh cycle, they said that everything looked perfect and they expected it to work well and strongly suggested that I only transfer one. In the frozen cycle, I only had one to transfer. My husband and I have been trying to decide if we'll do two this cycle. I really don't want twins so I'm a bit worried about transferring two. My hubby think we should try two this time around to increase our chances. I think we'll decide when we get a little closer and after seeing how many good embryos we have.
Even though we weren't successful in the first two times, I don't regret only transferring one embryo at a time. But maybe we'll do two this time...
It is a difficult process, especially when I see friends getting pregnant in their first month of trying. I'm trying to appreciate the perspective that it gives though...

Hi everyone! I will be starting microgynon any day now when my period arrives :happydance: this will be our first ivf and I am an egg sharer :flower:
Both myself and my husband have children from previous relationships but around 11 years ago my husband had a vasectomy :wacko: he had a reversal done in dec 2009 left him with a low count and we have been ttc sinse then! X wishing everyone good luck :thumbup: and hoping we all get our BFP very soon!! :hugs: :hugs:

Hey ladies, can I join you. This will be my first IVF after 3 failed IUI's. I am doing the Estrogen Priming Protcol, my first visit is on June 4th for blood work, if everything goes well, I start the Climara estrogen patch, until they tell me to start injections. Just hoping we get our BFP this month!

yay fun! there's quite a few of us on this thread now, how exciting!! :happydance:

Hi Ms.TX!! I haven't been given my IVF schedule yet so Im not sure what it holds for me, but hopefully they will let me know early next week. Ive got 2 more weeks on BCP.
not looking forward to having sore BB's, I had an issue on the gonal F (for petes sake) with 2 of the montgomery glands on my nips got REALLY sore (not fun) from the elevated prolactin. (I think thats what they said it was from) it was nasty. yowch. :( hope yours get better soon!
(beware in the shower, that can be SORE when the water hits em!!) :winkwink:

amylou- YEA to your lucky number 3, Ive got major hopes for you!! maybe you will make a bunch more eggs too and it wont be so stressful. may I ask how many you retrieved the first time?

I hear you about the twins. I am scared of that too. Im not a big person and I know 4 women who all got pg with twins, one of them lost one and 2 of them had the babies SO prematurely (26 and 28 weeks) that they weren't even sure they would all make it.
it was heartbreaking to watch... (not to mention all 4 of them are million dollar babies by the time they left the hospital- YIKES!)

SO.... Im scared of it for sure. but Im also scared to not take the chance. thats what my friend told me yesterday (who lost one twin) she said she wouldnt have done it any other way- whatever works but I cant help but be worried for their health...
but then again, just cause you put 2 in doesnt mean 2 will take right?
so the Dr initially told you only 1... thats what my Dr is telling me.
I tell you, its keeping me up at night.
I would take whatever I would get obviously but its hard.

but you know what IS nice, the idea that you have all your children in one go, instant complete family! and twins are such special people too... what an amazing bond to have in your family. :oneofeach:I think since you have already tried doing one at a time, that 2 is a good progression to make.

g3mz, hi! an egg sharer? cool! like you will be donating some of your eggs? that's wonderful!
I always thought if I got a zillion of them I would do that but I just hope there are like 3 or 4 good ones!!! :D but what a wonderful thing to do! kudos! :thumbup:

oneof14- welcome! glad to have you here! I hope there are a lot of happy bump stories at the end of this cycle for all of us :happydance:

so has everyone cut out caffeine yet? Im having SUCH a hard time of it, my head is freaking killing me ](*,) im doing my best ... I only drank black tea for petes sake! but caffeine is caffeine I suppose! :dohh:

well ALRIGHT ladies, bring on those BFPS!!!
:bfp::bfp::bfp::bfp::bfp::bfp::bfp::bfp::bfp:

Yay! I'm excited to have people to talk with who will be going through the same thing for this cycle- I wasn't on a forum for my last two cycles and my husband was deployed during the FET so I'm looking forward to doing this cycle with more support!

Afamilygal- I had no idea what Montgomery glands were so I looked it up- I'm already learning stuff from you all!
I looked back at my records from the fresh if cycle and they retrieved 18 oocytes, 13 were mature, 7 fertilized. They transferred one at day 5. Then they grew out the other 6 for another day and only one made it to the quality they require for freezing. Hopefully more will be fertilized and good quality this time so I can do another FET if this cycle doesn't work.
That is crazy about the twins- I do worry about the risks of it all. I'm not sure how two babies would fit in me either! I'm also worried about raising two at the same time- you don't have much of an opportunity to learn as you go and adapt for the second one. Twins seems to run in my family, although maybe its more fertility treatments and older age mothers than actual twins. My mom is pushing for us to transfer two embryos this time...we'll see...

Oneof14- I've never heard of an estrogen priming protocol? Is it the same basic idea with stimulating the follicles then retrieving them?

I forgot to ask- Is anyone planning on doing anything outside of the IVF, like acupuncture, yoga or guided imagery? I did acupuncture during a clomid cycle and didn't find it too helpful. Although, I've thought about trying acupuncture again or something else. Any ideas?

Amylou123, I've been doing acupuncture since January and will continue throughout the ivf and hopefully during then1st trimester. I didn't like it at first but after a month I was hooked at the very least it helps me relax. I really hope it helps me get my BFP.

As far as the EPP, think it means that instead of birth control to quiet the ovaries, based on my bloodwork, I am to wear an estrogen patch. From what I've read about this particular protocol is that its good for women with low amh or for woman who are not such great responders or for older woman. My amh level is not low but I gues based on the way I've reponded to femara for my IUI the RE feels this protocol is best!

I'm a little embarrassed that I don't asked a lot of questions, but I also find too much information is so stressful and gives me so much anxiety.

I've been MIA because work has been so busy. Thank you for welcoming me!

Hey girls-Sorry i've been MIA. I had a graduation party for my cousin, a family reunion and then a dance recital for my niece so I have been a busy girl.

As far as how many eggs to transfer, I have decieded to transfer 2. We only have the money for 1 cycle and my son has been begging and praying for siblings(he is 5). My mom is an identical twin and my dad is a fraternal twin so I actually wouldnt mind it at all. My family is packed full of babies and I know it will be hard, but I would so much rather have 2 than none at all. It just breaks my heart to hear my son pray every night for a sibling and I just really want his prayers answered. Although I would prefer just 1.

I am on day 6 of lupron and my last BCP is tomorrow (thank God). Maybe I can get a break from these sore (.)(.) before I start my stims in a week. We will see! I feel great other than that though. I will definitely keep yall posted!

amylou, I have thought about doing acupuncture again (I did it a few months back during a cycle like you and gave up on it since it was kind of expensive.) plus the lady was nice but I did not really connect with her at all. it didnt feel like it was doing anything. didnt feel good or bad but it was a lot of money and all of the fertility stuff got so expensive. I still wonder if I should just not do for the expense (our insurance isnt covering any of this IVF) but I cant help but think it has had so much success for a lot of women... although I know 2 women who were not on it and got pg the first time of IVF and then I know of another girl (on this forum) who was doing it and the IVF didnt work. so its hard to say what really works...

BUT I think if it helps you to relax at all like oneof14 then it probably is worth the money to try it. stress is bad for TTCing and pregnancy. Im going to be looking into it again for that exact reason.

I have heard visualization can help too... I Cant get my mind to sit still long enough to make it work! :)

MsTX- I dont want to scare you but I have a friend of a friend who had identical twins run in the family and when they transferred 2 eggs in their IVF, BOTH of them split and she ended up having quadruplets, (which were 2 sets of twins) totally a freak thing (poor woman was SO tiny)
but I have read about that happening to women whose twins run in the family. (not splitting twice but once) so maybe its worth discussing with your Dr unless you already have.
and hope your boobies get a break soon!!! so your BCP ends today - does that mean you will get AF soon?

I read an article about single embyro transfer and I think that is where I am leaning. If I at least have some to freeze the transfer only is cheaper than having twins! :)
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/Women...ransfer/story?id=12451473&page=2#.T8qaWr9-aMQ

so It looks like a lot of you do 5 day transfer. my clinic does 3 day...I hope that isnt an issue for me... although my 2 friends who just went through this did it with my clinic and both got pg with a 3 day on the first try so Its got to work but just be another method.

crazy IVF... so mind boggling. :wacko:

Hey ladies, mind if I join in? It sounds like I may be cycling very close to some of you. I'm on birth control now and have 2 weeks to go. I should be getting our IVF calendar early this week.

amylou, I have thought about doing acupuncture again (I did it a few months back during a cycle like you and gave up on it since it was kind of expensive.) plus the lady was nice but I did not really connect with her at all. it didnt feel like it was doing anything. didnt feel good or bad but it was a lot of money and all of the fertility stuff got so expensive. I still wonder if I should just not do for the expense (our insurance isnt covering any of this IVF) but I cant help but think it has had so much success for a lot of women... although I know 2 women who were not on it and got pg the first time of IVF and then I know of another girl (on this forum) who was doing it and the IVF didnt work. so its hard to say what really works...

BUT I think if it helps you to relax at all like oneof14 then it probably is worth the money to try it. stress is bad for TTCing and pregnancy. Im going to be looking into it again for that exact reason.

I have heard visualization can help too... I Cant get my mind to sit still long enough to make it work! :)

MsTX- I dont want to scare you but I have a friend of a friend who had identical twins run in the family and when they transferred 2 eggs in their IVF, BOTH of them split and she ended up having quadruplets, (which were 2 sets of twins) totally a freak thing (poor woman was SO tiny)
but I have read about that happening to women whose twins run in the family. (not splitting twice but once) so maybe its worth discussing with your Dr unless you already have.
and hope your boobies get a break soon!!! so your BCP ends today - does that mean you will get AF soon?

I read an article about single embyro transfer and I think that is where I am leaning. If I at least have some to freeze the transfer only is cheaper than having twins! :)
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/Women...ransfer/story?id=12451473&page=2#.T8qaWr9-aMQ

so It looks like a lot of you do 5 day transfer. my clinic does 3 day...I hope that isnt an issue for me... although my 2 friends who just went through this did it with my clinic and both got pg with a 3 day on the first try so Its got to work but just be another method.

crazy IVF... so mind boggling. :wacko:

Oh wow, I never really thought about it that way. Thank you for mentioning that to me, that would be a really scary experience. I will definitely mention this to my RE next time I see him. Maybe I will just see the quality and quantity of the eggs that do get fertilized before making a decision like that. I go in on tuesday & yes I should be starting my period in the next few days but hopefully it will be my last for a while!

Welcome Raelynn!
Afamilygal- I had a very similar experience with the acupuncture. The woman was very nice but it just seemed like the greatest benefit for me was relaxation. At 80$ per 45 minute session, it was really expensive relaxation. Also, the clomid cycle when I did it happened to be the cycle that I didn't ovulate so I think that is what really turned me off. I was also turned off by the accupuncturist's suggestion that I make major changes to my diet (which is already very healthy). She suggested that I cut out all dairy, only eat organic, and no sweets (the no ice cream part was the real kicker). I already eat most of my meat organic and try to limit meat in general but I didn't want to be reminded of my IVF and fertility struggles everytime I ate a meal, especially at restaurants.
That being said, I am really searching for something that I can do to boost my chances with the IVF. Afterall, a few hundred dollars for the accupuncture appointments seems minimal compared to the IVF cost. Maybe I just need to find someone who was a bit more realistic with the dietary requirements.

It seems like most cycles are done with a 3 day transfer and the longer ones are the exception- at least that it what my clinic made it sound like when they were describing it to me.

Hello - my name is Stacie and my
Husband and I will be starting IVF next month
We are going to a required IVF class
This Tuesday and than I will start BC
Pills for 3 weeks and than the IVF drugs

Would love to join this thread :)

Question - since we have to do IVF
Our insurance will not cover any of the
Drugs - where are most people ordering
Their fertility drugs from??

Also - for those of you who have started the
Fertility drugs - any side effects??

Hello - my name is Stacie and my
Husband and I will be starting IVF next month
We are going to a required IVF class
This Tuesday and than I will start BC
Pills for 3 weeks and than the IVF drugs

Would love to join this thread :)

Question - since we have to do IVF
Our insurance will not cover any of the
Drugs - where are most people ordering
Their fertility drugs from??

Also - for those of you who have started the
Fertility drugs - any side effects??

Freedom Fertility Pharmacy has the best rates if you are paying out of pocket. I just ordered from there recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->