IVF in Milton Keynes - HELP

sim

Reaction score
Hi All, I'm new to this forum so greetings all. We've been ttc for 3 1/2 years and our GP transferred us to Luton & Dunstable hospital where PCOS was diagnosed. I underwent ovarian drilling, the lap and dye, 7-8 cycles of clomid and have finally been discharged from the hospital after IVF was recommended. Is there anyone else in Milton Keynes undergoing IVF. I'm really nervous about the future. I am 28, he is 29. I look forward to hearing from you all.

Hi Sim!

I am afraid I am not going to be any help with regard to the hospital as we are currently living in/having treatment in Wales! However if I can answer any questions regarding the IVF process then feel free to ask.

Lots of luck xx

Hi All, I'm new to this forum so greetings all. We've been ttc for 3 1/2 years and our GP transferred us to Luton & Dunstable hospital where PCOS was diagnosed. I underwent ovarian drilling, the lap and dye, 7-8 cycles of clomid and have finally been discharged from the hospital after IVF was recommended. Is there anyone else in Milton Keynes undergoing IVF. I'm really nervous about the future. I am 28, he is 29. I look forward to hearing from you all.

Not sure I can be of much help but I'll try! We were told IVF was the only way to go by MK Hospital after we were told hubby had a low SC. They refused us funding so we went private. We went to the Saxon Clinic, in Eaglestone?? I was diagnosed with PCOS, put on Metformin and when I had a pre-treatment scan and started 2 week after. Now pregnant! Any questions and I'll try to help :)

Hi Tickledpink, we're due back at our GP this week so we can start to fill out the forms for IVF. I've read somewhere that the minimum age MK specify for IVF is 30 - that's another 1 1/2 years form now, and even then i'ev read they only offer one cycle on the NHS! I am really nervous about the future, i have been ready to have children for the last few years.

I can't bear to be told that funding isn't available. I feel devastated already. I can't imagine how long a journey you have been on. What can i expect over hte next fwe months (years??!!)

Hi Feebee, i really didn't think that i'd be at this point in my life. Waiting for someone else to decide if I can bring children into this world. Any advice on what i can expect over the next few months will be great. I need to prepare myself.

Good luck to you too! i pray for everyone's wishes to come true on this journey many of us probably think we would be on when we were growing up!

Hi Tickledpink, we're due back at our GP this week so we can start to fill out the forms for IVF. I've read somewhere that the minimum age MK specify for IVF is 30 - that's another 1 1/2 years form now, and even then i'ev read they only offer one cycle on the NHS! I am really nervous about the future, i have been ready to have children for the last few years.

I can't bear to be told that funding isn't available. I feel devastated already. I can't imagine how long a journey you have been on. What can i expect over hte next fwe months (years??!!)

I'm not sure about the minimum age but we were refused IVF because after going through 3 years of tests, I was too old. They only fund IVF up to 35 in Bucks and I went to the docs and signed the referral form on my 36th birthday. I've been told we could appeal but we were also told that they didn't think we'd been trying long enough (WTF?) and that hubby's SC wasn't that serious and I could still conceive naturally. Bet they wouldn't have said that if they'd bothered to do their job properly and diagnosed me with PCOS years ago! My consultant said he'd be surprised if I'd ever ovulated because of all the cysts. All I got from MK hospital was 'blood tests suggest you're ovulating'.... Suggest!!!!!! GRRR!

I've heard various stories about the Bucks waiting list, 6 months to a year... but seeing as we never got that far, I'm afraid I can't help :( I don't suppose going private is an option? We were lucky that my parents offered to pay for us. We contacted the Saxon Clinic in March got an appointment a week later and started treatment in May.

We were also told that we would only get one free cycle on the NHS. Have they said if it would be IUI or ICSI? Our only option was ICSI... slightly more expensive but I understand it has a higher success rate.

I can totally empathise with you. It can be frustrating going back month after month to the consultant.

Going private might be an option. How much does it cost? We'll have to get the money from somewhere. If you go private do you get a say in how many eggs they impant in you? I'd like to know they implant more than 1 to get a good chance of at least having 1 taking.

I don't know what form of IVF is available. We are filling in the forms tomorrow with our GP.

Just checked all our invoices. The initial consultation was £160. The actual IVF was £2,784 and the ICSI procedure was an additional £930. Then all the drugs for down-regging and stimming etc cost £413. Then I was on Progesterone for 12 weeks... it was £7.00 for a weeks worth of tablets (£84). So you're looking at about £4,300. I also had 3 eggs suitable for freezing, so we paid an extra £450 to have my remaining eggs frozen for 3 years.

I was told that the NHS will only put back one embryo unless you're older, say 40 something, and there's less chance of it taking. But if private they will put back two! Both of ours took but we lost one at 6 weeks, although I know of several ladies that are having twins!!

Saxon were great. We were able to go there for all our scans and injection training but we had to go to Northampton for EC and ET.

Good luck tomorrow!!

Our GP went through the guidelines for IVF and they only offer IVF between the ages of 30-35. There is no funding available for me. I'm going to have to wait another 18 months before i am eligble - totally gutted. We asked about going private and the Oxford Fertility clinic was suggested. It was ICSI that is being recommended. I feel so unlucky - don't know what we're going to do now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->