• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF in SUrrey :(

MariaF

A new Mummy!
Reaction score
Surrey ladies- have you heard that the NHS has stopped all new funding for IVF? We are still a while away from that and live in Sussex (which is very simar to Surey) but I'm gobsmacked.

I mean how can they do it? IVF is the only hope for so many couples how cN they just stop it?
They are still providing best in class care for those who have cancer from smoking all their lives but they are happy to take away people's last chance of a family....
Very very sad...

Where are you in Sussex? I don't think it is YET on the cards there, but you never know in the future. The NHS is at breaking point at the moment, it has received severe cuts this year and the reality is non life threatening conditions will be the first ones being cut.

I know how frustrating it is, I am there too, but prioritisation is inevitable in our current economical meltdown. Infertility is devastating, but I personally don't think it is fair to compare it to the affect of cancer, which most are not self-inflicted.

Really? Where did you see this? I'm on the waiting list for Surrey and haven't heard anything....

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/s/2082214_community_hospitals_review_and_ivf_stopped

This was the link I found. It's ok if you're already on the list, but no more referrals from next month...

Not yet, but it's a possibility soon. Have endo so the quicker I get pregnant, the better!
Good luck x x x

absolutely correct... My Obs Cons wanted me to have PGT due to a genetoc condition... but guess what... they won't fund me. Good ol Surrey... one of the richest counties in our country and the first to cut the service.

We are having to pay for treatment privately. My GP said no more referrals in Sussex either.

HOWEVER, my friend who lives in the village next door got referred around about the same time as we were told there are no referrals :growlmad:

Talk about post code lottery!!!

Bloody crap innit?!! Where are you going to for treatment? I have been referred to the Lister in London.... bloomin expensive..

I had a choice between London and Eastbourne.

Turns out otside of London Eastbourne clinic has the best stats in the south east!!!

I just couldn't bring myself to use public transport to go for the treatments. Some of them were quite emotional and I remember crying in the car on the way home - would have felt quite uncomfortable on the tube and the train.

Did you know that you can choose the clinic?

I have heard amazing things about the Lister though...I think I wouldn't have gone there had I lived closer but I prefer the one hour drive down to the coast.
An IUI cycle there costs from £750 all in + plus the initial consultation and scan.

IVF is between £3,500-4,500

yeah, I am sure my consultant would only send me to somewhere she believed would help... have called the Lister and if we want to use a known donor we are looking at up to 8-9K.... gulp!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->