IVF May/June/July 2015, Lets Get Ready!

Hey Renae what is the nutrient level test? Is it a blood test? I might want to ask for it. Thanks

Blood tests to check iron, vitamin D, all the Bs, calcium. It was enough vials that they just took a bunch of blood and filled the vials after. Basically since my small intestine is scared from Celiac Disease this lets them see how much I am actually absorbing. So I am taking a lot more calcium and folic acid than most but I am absorbing just enough to be in the middle range. They reran a few autoimmune panels too and my numbers there are way better than last time. So my tissue transglutiminase antibodies are finally in normal range which means that that section of my body shouldn't be being attacked anymore.

hey Girls can I join!? I am about to do my first IVF... I think mayish.... I was about to do my last and 3rd IUI until I got a call from my doctor that someone picked me from my egg sharing application I put in. (Never thinking anyone would pick me) so I am jumping ship to IVF this coming cycle.. First ultrasound is April 8th to check on uterus and everything and hopefully with start injections after that. Not really sure about the whole process or anything... haven't done IVF before so pretty overwhelmed! Have been TTCing for a while so it would be great if this would work and if I could help out another couple! I have been taking prenatal for 2 1/2 years... added CQO-10 about 6 months ago and will continue those. Exercise was doing 5ks and stuff but have knocked it down to just light walking and lifting some weights.. nothing strenuous or abs.. Anything else I should be doing for prep??

Hey, welcome I added you to the first post.

Huge congrats on the egg donation. What amazing news. Good luck on the 8th. Everything you mentioned sounds great. Have you looked at ubiquinol vs. coq10? Some say it is better. Though since you are doing an egg donation I don't know if it matters as much.

Best of luck keep us posted as to how it all goes. You are going to be the first one through I think. Love to hear about all of it.

Welcome Waiting! Congrats on the egg sharing, great news! Keep us posted with your IVF cycle as you are the first in this group to do it. I wish you the best of luck with everything.

AFM - I think I've just decided to play the PGD by ear and see how my cycle goes. I think that if I only get 1-3 embryos I will just have them transferred and not bother with the PGD. We only get one shot at this and I think I would just rather have them in there then being frozen, tested, etc...I don't have to make a decision today or anything. So it looks like I'll be starting BCP in early May and doing an endo scratch that month also.

Hi Ren! CCRM had me take the following:

CoQ10
Baby Aspirin
Fish Oil
Prenatal
Vitamin D
Pycnogenol
Myo Inositol (Pregnitude)
Vitamin E
Vitamin C
L-Arginine

I hope Im not missing anything!

Hey, welcome I added you to the first post.

Huge congrats on the egg donation. What amazing news. Good luck on the 8th. Everything you mentioned sounds great. Have you looked at ubiquinol vs. coq10? Some say it is better. Though since you are doing an egg donation I don't know if it matters as much.

Best of luck keep us posted as to how it all goes. You are going to be the first one through I think. Love to hear about all of it.

Thanks! No I haven't heard of that one my doctor is a huge believer in coq10...so I'm going to stick it out plus with if next month don't think it would have anytime to work. Some of you I don't know how you afford or swallow that many pills haha!

hi all! mind if I join? I'll be starting my BCP 4/20 or so if this last natural cycle doesn't take, so I believe retrieval/transfer will be in May.
We've been TTC for about a year and a half now, no luck at all. I'm 39, DH is 37. His SA came back with low volume and fair-ish motility, morphology was fine. But the doc put him on clomid anyway. I am dealing with DOR for no apparent reason (except age, I guess), so the doc said to hop to IVF. We'll be transferring 2 (if we're lucky enough to get 2 good ones!), we're foregoing the PGS testing b/c it's not covered and we want to let nature run its course (granted we would have done PGD b/c it was covered). The doc agreed that this is the way to go.
I asked my doc about additional supplements too - I'm taking prenatals only - and she said the same as Ren's doc. She doesn't recommend anything else b/c there is no evidence that it actually helps. Makes me feel good that she's a 'facts only'-type gal. But I have really started watching what I eat and am working out a lot more since about January. I hope this helps something!
Sooooo - DH and I are going on a trip to New Orleans for an early 40th bday gift for me, b/c I hope to be preggo in Dec when the real one comes around! We'll prob start the BCP when we get back. Again, if this natural cycle doesn't work out, of course. :)

Hi, Hope! Thanks for telling me about this thread!!

Looking to make the jump into IVF in June. :happydance: (oops postponed to sept)

I really really hope this works and my hubbs and I can get our ducks in a row. I have a tubal factor and getting pregnant on my own just isn't safe anymore. He has super sperm.

What are you ladies doing to get ready?

So far I am on a progestin, estradiol birthcontrol, then ubiquinol.

Egg Trasfer Dates

BabyDancing14, WaitingOnGod1 - May
AshleyLynn - July
HopeThisYear - July
Renaendel - September

Oh and my xfer month is looking like it will be May as well to allow for PGD/CCS after retrieval :)

Sweet, ok I have you two ladies on the list.

It makes me feel better that there is another doc out there that said the same thing mine did Want2bmom.

Mommylov, keeping my fingers crossed for a beautiful retrieval!

for the CoQ10, CCRM also said that this is what they wanted to me to take and I was taking 400mg 2X/day

Wish & Amy - yeah, you found us!

I don't have anything to report, just waiting for AF
:dust: to everyone

Hi ladies, mind if I join? I've just had a failed cycle of ivf in feb and am going to try again in July this year! My old clinic didn't recommend any supplements either Ren because there was no clinical evidence that they worked. My new clinic recommend that lots of reports are positive and so I have nothing to loose by trying. I'm taking dhea and ubiquinol coq10.

I'm doing long protocol this time so will start the pill on my June af and egg retrieval and transfer will be in July! Feels like ages away at the moment but it will soon come round.

Is anyone doing anything else to prepare? I'm upping my exercise, doing fertility yoga (DVD at home) and eating healthily, cutting right back on alcohol (after Easter!!!)

Looking forward to keeping each other company on our journeys.

Oh and hi BMW :hugs: keeping my fingers crossed for you at your next scan xx

not really doing anything else to prepare - I cut back on coffee and have green tea now instead. I have coffee maybe once a week. I've increased my workouts and improved my diet drastically but that was more to lose the holiday & work from home weight I've gained since we got married! I'm TRYING to drink less but by the time Friday comes around, my brain wants wine. But i don't drink M-Th, I'm trying not to on Sunday while I cook!
I asked the doc what I/we could do to prepare and she didn't really have any recommendations besides what we're already doing. All of the meds in IVF are for egg prep, uterus prep, etc - so there doesn't sound like much more I can do except be a strong, healthy host for my future alien being!

Welcome Mrs W!
Sorry IVF didn't work for you the 1st time, I hope things go better this time for you.

As for getting ready for IVF I have a ton of supplements I'm taking. I cut alcohol, sugar, wheat and coffee out of my diet and am drinking 1-2 cups green tea per day. I'm trying to eat more fruits and veggies but since I hate veggies I have to hide them in my smoothie or juice.

AFM - AF showed today as expected. Now one step closer to IVF. I'm supposed to call my RE on Monday to let them know.

Thanks hope!! I was drinking green tea too, although I didn't realise there is caffeine in green tea, so now I usually go for mint or a nice flavoured one as well as normal decaf tea. I don't think there is much in it though and it's so good for you.

Sorry to hear af came but great news about getting the ball rolling with ivf! I found starting and doing all of my injections and scans really exciting!!

Hi all! I'm hoping to start my first IVF cycle in July. I'm 31 yo, DH is 31 as well. We were TTC for a little over 1 year, had just finished 4th cycle of Femara for unknown infertility in February 2015 when I had lap that was supposed to check my tubes and remove a cyst on my right ovary. Unfortunately when they did that, discovered that I had advanced stage IV endometriosis, L tube is totally blocked and R tube is distorted with ovary buried in scar tissue. So we decided IVF is really the only way for us.

His sperm have all checked out great, DNA fragmentation test was good news too. My ovarian reserve is "excellent", so fingers crossed that this works out!

I've got a surgery coming up with the da Vinci robot on 5/7/15 to try to break down the scar tissue and free up my ovaries (while the L one isn't covered in scar tissue, the scar tissue below it makes in in a less than ideal position for ER). HOPEFULLY if that goes well, we'll do our first cycle in July! So excited to be able to talk with women on a similar schedule, good luck to all!!

Welcome Jesse, good luck with your Endo removal surgery. It sounds very high tech. Hopefully the can clear up stuff so you can get lots of follicles.

Hi all! I'm hoping to start my first IVF cycle in July. I'm 31 yo, DH is 31 as well. We were TTC for a little over 1 year, had just finished 4th cycle of Femara for unknown infertility in February 2015 when I had lap that was supposed to check my tubes and remove a cyst on my right ovary. Unfortunately when they did that, discovered that I had advanced stage IV endometriosis, L tube is totally blocked and R tube is distorted with ovary buried in scar tissue. So we decided IVF is really the only way for us.

His sperm have all checked out great, DNA fragmentation test was good news too. My ovarian reserve is "excellent", so fingers crossed that this works out!

I've got a surgery coming up with the da Vinci robot on 5/7/15 to try to break down the scar tissue and free up my ovaries (while the L one isn't covered in scar tissue, the scar tissue below it makes in in a less than ideal position for ER). HOPEFULLY if that goes well, we'll do our first cycle in July! So excited to be able to talk with women on a similar schedule, good luck to all!!

Welcome and good luck! That lap surgery is such a scary step for a lot of people trying and many don't end up doing it. I did it and didn't they find anything, but look at yours! If you wouldn't have ended up doing it they would have missed a lot to be able to help you. Everything seems to work on just in time! I never expected to be at IVF with unexplained fertility, but here I am : ) But that is okay, just want that baby : )

Wow our little group is growing this is great! Ren, I'm so glad you started this thread. Welcome Jesse & Best wishes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->