IVF May/June/July 2015, Lets Get Ready!

wow Jesse, that's a lot to have gone through already! Good luck on the procedure, it does sound very high tech and sci-fi!! :)

Morning Ladies! I love that we have so many girls going at this close together! :) Rainbows for everyone! :flower:

Re the tea, CCRM says no caffeine at all starting 3 months prior to IVf through atleast the 1st tri. He said small amount of caffeine after this is ok but if you can continue to be caffeine free throughout pregnancy that would be ideal. DH asked "Does this include cholcoate?". I looked at them both with a look of panic and DR G replied with a "yes". All I could hear in my head was "Noooooooooooo". He also said to stay away from green, white, and black tea. This is hard since I am a coffee/tea drinker so he suggested that I try Celestial Seasoning's Bangel Spice Tea with a little milk and sugar. Its pretty tasty and has been doing the trick for me so far. :)

Amy - my mouth dropped open when you just said no caffeine at all, I really like my green tea in the morning. I do love the celestial seasonings bengal spice tea though so I guess I will stock up on that. Hopefully I can order it online because the stores have been out of it here for a while.

oh man. Ugh - I just posted this in another thread but I feel so confused when it comes to this. "live life as you do right now, don't worry about it!" vs "drop all caffeine, alcohol, chocolate 3 months before you even plan on conceiving". Madness! I have 2 cups of green tea in the morning and I swear it's helped with ewcm and O'ing earlier.
boy oh boy...

I totally felt the same way as you girls. I figured for me, I tried the "Im going to just relax and let it be" and did I wanted (in moderation ofcourse) and it didnt work. I just figured now that we are pouring everything we have into this and with CCRM's stats, I guess Ill listen to what they say.... sigh. It was VERY hard for me as I love love love coffee and to not be able to even have decaf??? Cut off an arm why dont you! (sorry a little dramatic hehe) I just keep telling myself "It will be worth it for a little healthy bub". :D

He said the stay away from most teas like the raspberry teas and what not. As he was going down the list I mustve had a glazed look on my face because thats when he said "I think that you will really like the Bengal Spice Tea" so I did. If you need me to get some for you here and ship it to you, PM me and let me know. :)

I bought some yesterday! I'm having ONE cup of green tea and then I'll switch to that. Small changes :)

Amy - you are so sweet to offer to mail tea. I finally found some, yay! I seriously love this stuff.

So my Dr. scheduled me for an endo scratch which is supposed to help with implantation. Everything I have read has said it's supposed to be done around CD21 the cycle before ET. He has me scheduled for around CD 21 this month. We weren't planning on doing ER until June and then I thought ET around July so I am super confused. I'm going to call my nurse today just to make sure we are all on the same schedule. She also mentioned sending in a RX to my pharmacy yesterday, so I'm not sure what that is for (antibiotics or BCP). It's only 5:30AM here now so I will call when they open. Sorry if anybody read this already in my journal.

I've never had a endo scratch...wondering if my doc will be doing one. My appointment for ultrasound and doctor visit has finally arrived. It is tomorrow! Can't wait to have more information!

Im curious about the endo scratch since I was told I will be having a biopsy (I think that's going to be the same thing) with my FET.

Just got news this morning that my dr wants to delay trigger yet another day. Im on stim day 13 today and so worried that this will affect egg quality. I know that everyone's body is different but still has me worried. :( Has anyone gone through an IVF cycle prior this thier upcoming one? This is #2 for me (#1 with CCRM though).

**EDIT: I meant to say I was on Stim day 13, not 16 so I changed it above..whoops!**

Amy, Sorry you are delayed one more day, but just think lots of super ripe eggs ready for plucking.

My RE office has no idea what is going on and I'm getting frustrated. She said maybe April, maybe May but hold off on BCP which she told me to start today. Grrrr

My husband (29 in June) and I (just turned 29) are starting our third medicated and monitored IUI this month on clomid (we are unexplained).

I am started to look ahead because it seems to me IVF will be the next step. Our REI said after three medicated IUIs we would meet and make a new plan....so we will see what this month holds.

However, can't lie...I am losing a bit of hope and looking at IVF and adoption.

Just a little overwhelmed because our state doesn't mandate infertility coverage, so some medications are covered, but not actual IVF.
We have never been "betting" people and it is so hard to dump a lump sum for something that may never happen. Just trying to keep the faith!

Will be following along with y'all and praying everyone has successful treatments!

Hi Everyone,

Can I join :)

I am 40 with half an ovary (AMH last tested in 2013 was 1.2) and my hubby has a low count (4-6 million) and is XYY.

We had IUI in Feb 2013 and fell pregnant but lost baby at 16 weeks gestation to Triploidy (a random chromosome condition). We were commencing IVF 8 weeks later but I was already pregnant naturally so the cycle was not proceeded with. Our boy is now 13 months old.

I had wanted to start trying again when he was 6 months but around 4.5 months, I found a lump under my c section and previous fertility surgery scar and it turned out to be a rather large incisional hernia which had to be repaired ASAP. I had open mesh hernia surgery in Oct and 25cm of mesh and 4 titanium screws were used to repair it. It's taken me some time to recover but we started trying naturally in Jan but so far (3 months) we have not been successful. I have booked in with 2 clinics for an initial consult in mid June so have 9 weeks to a) lose much weight as I can and b) keep trying naturally. One of the clinics has a BMI limit but is the clinic I was at before and is close to home and the other has no BMI limit, comes highly recommended but is further away.

Anyway, I am on Elevit, CoQ10 and today started taking Vitex.

Nice to meet you all :)

welcome MrsL and dream!

my goodness, we all have such interesting histories that get us to this point, huh?

MrsL - I hope IUI works for you - 3rd time's a charm! GL!

dream - your boy is adorable!! GL on the weight loss and trying naturally for the next couple of cycles. This is my last natural cycle, I'm 4dpo right now and just hoping for the best. My LP is pretty short, though, so I don't even know if we have a shot. I should know if AF is here in about a week. I have a low AMH too - I think it was 2.3 or 2.6. Not ideal for a 39 yr old.

hope - how can the office be confused about that?!

mommy - I wouldn't be too concerned - I'm sure the risks between egg quality and egg size have been weighed and they feel this is the better option. You'll have a nice, fat healthy egg waiting to go!!
and PS - the Bengal Spice tea is probably my new favorite thing. I had 2 cups yesterday, added a bit of sugar and milk to make it a chai. THANK YOU!!!

mommy - I wouldn't be too concerned - I'm sure the risks between egg quality and egg size have been weighed and they feel this is the better option. You'll have a nice, fat healthy egg waiting to go!!
and PS - the Bengal Spice tea is probably my new favorite thing. I had 2 cups yesterday, added a bit of sugar and milk to make it a chai. THANK YOU!!!

Thank you :) Oh Im so glad you liked it! I was pretty happy with it as well and thought it would tide me over for a while :)

Welcome to all the new ladies!!! I love how this group is growing! Hopefully we will all be bump buddies here soon!!! :cloud9:

Ugh...thought I would be ready to start ivf after today's Scan but they found a polyp that I will now be having surgery on to remove it ...seems like one thing after another. I just want to start already!

Waiting - Sorry to hear about the polyp. It's so frustrating when you are mentally ready to go but your body isn't. For me it always seemed like 2 steps forward and one step back. Hopefully this surgery will be a giant leap forward.

Mrs.L - Welcome! I know exactly how you feel about not being the "betting" type. Hopefully you can at least look into financing. Have you looked into the refund programs if it doesn't work.

Dream - Welcome! Good luck with your weight loss!

Wish - I add vanilla almond milk to my Bengal Spice and it's so yummy

Amy - Trigger day for you...whoop whoop!!

AFM - Still waiting to hear back from my RE about when EndoScratch will be, but nurse said we are planning for ER for early June. I just want to talk with my nurse and set down more of a timeline because I'm so confused on whats going to be going on and when I'm going to have to be flying to see RE.

My husband (29 in June) and I (just turned 29) are starting our third medicated and monitored IUI this month on clomid (we are unexplained).

I am started to look ahead because it seems to me IVF will be the next step. Our REI said after three medicated IUIs we would meet and make a new plan....so we will see what this month holds.

However, can't lie...I am losing a bit of hope and looking at IVF and adoption.

Just a little overwhelmed because our state doesn't mandate infertility coverage, so some medications are covered, but not actual IVF.
We have never been "betting" people and it is so hard to dump a lump sum for something that may never happen. Just trying to keep the faith!

Will be following along with y'all and praying everyone has successful treatments!

My husband and I are in the same boat! Not being betting people either only doing ivf because of egg donor sharing. Otherwise we don't have the money for it. Already have started the adoption process too. Our certification classes start Saturday!

ugh waiting, that stinks. I'm so sorry - I'm with Hope, though - hopefully this is the last barrier and you'll be good to go!

Hope - I'd be badgering them. Request that your nurse set aside some time to call you and do what you said you need. Especially if you're having to fly places - that's plenty of reason to want to have someone go over all of the details and put them in a calendar!

Amy (is that waiting?) - happy trigger day!

Oh wow! I know we are all hopeful for IVF success....but would you mind sharing any good resources for adoption if you have any?

I think our plan is try do one fresh cycle....and one frozen, if we are lucky enough to have enough eggs....if that is unsuccessful I think we will take a little time to regroup and start the equally as stressful adoption process.

My meeting is next week with my REI to discuss the next step....we are on our third cycle IUI with clomid.....ultrasound next week to see if we are ready to trigger.

hopethisyear --
we have thought about the refund or shared risk programs, however we are currently going to a major academic medical center (we both work there) and i really trust them with my medical care.....plus any insurance benefits are only eligible within my network (even though my state doesn't cover infertility so there are minimum benefits....but they cover the ultrasounds and whatnot).....so i am hesitant to go else...know what I mean? I feel like I have access to some of the best care.....I do wish they had a shared risk group, but I don't think many academic centers do...it seems to me like it is more of a private practice set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->