IVF May/June/July 2015, Lets Get Ready!

Oh wow! I know we are all hopeful for IVF success....but would you mind sharing any good resources for adoption if you have any?

I think our plan is try do one fresh cycle....and one frozen, if we are lucky enough to have enough eggs....if that is unsuccessful I think we will take a little time to regroup and start the equally as stressful adoption process.

My meeting is next week with my REI to discuss the next step....we are on our third cycle IUI with clomid.....ultrasound next week to see if we are ready to trigger.

We are going through adoption classes through dhhr. For foster to adopt. We are just not in a place to pay 20-60 thousand for a baby to adopt. It does take a good 6-9 months just to get certified so you might look at your time schedule. It is a little stressful getting ready for ivf and adoption at same time but hopefully won't have much wait time I'd failed ivf and we plan to adopt even if we get pregnant because I am never trying for another again haha

Thanks!
Yes - isn't it crazy how much finances can influence our decisions?!

We are still having yo-yo emotions with infertility treatment.....being unexplained makes you feel like "nothing is wrong" so why can't we have a success?! That part makes coping with infertility difficult....for us at least.

IVF is quickly becoming our reality (I was in left field when IUI was mentioned.....let alone IVF)....and OF COURSE I hope and PRAY it will be successful!....but I also hope, if it isn't, it sheds light on something that may be happening. That way we can "grieve" and cope with the issue a little better than we are doing now.

I am starting to think more about adoption because the bottom line is I want to be a mother. However, I think I need a few more answers before I can jump in feet first.

Our tentative plan is this month third round IUI....then hopefully one fresh IVF. And fingers crossed that we can have some to freeze for at least one frozen cycle. We are paying out of pocket, so I can't see doing more than two fresh (and that will be a stretch).

After that....I think I will need a few month break to emotionally regroup, then start with the adoption process.

I agree....dealing with infertility treatment and adoption must be overwhelming.....I am sure you have highs and lows with both, but what an exciting time for y'all! To grow your family!

Hi Ladies,

Do you mind if I join you? We are just starting IVF with ICSI for the first time after 2 failed IUI's. I have a 5 year old DS and we have been trying for #2 for almost 3 1/2 years.

I take my first BCP today along with my prenatal vitamin; CoQ10 and Vitamin D. My Dr also suggesting eliminating or reducing Wheat as well from our diets so we'll be doing that. If all goes well I'll start my meds in 3 weeks then the actual procedure will be happening in May!! Eeek! I am nervous and worried but also super excited!! It would definitely be nice to have some support from ladies that are going through the same thing now or in the future!

Wow, so many new names to add, welcome everyone!

I am on my new pre IVF diet as of yesterday.

No gluten (wheat, barley, rye, oats), no dairy, no eggs and I have to follow a full low FODMAP diet.

Thanks!

If you don't mind me asking what is a FODMAP diet?! What on earth are you going to eat?! Good for you for sticking to it, I thought I was doing well with no Wheat and limited dairy!! ;)

Thanks!

If you don't mind me asking what is a FODMAP diet?! What on earth are you going to eat?! Good for you for sticking to it, I thought I was doing well with no Wheat and limited dairy!! ;)

Low FODMAP diets are used for people with many large and small intestinal problems. It should help my nutrient absorbtion for the mythical baby.

Here is my food list.
https://stanfordhealthcare.org/cont...nutrition-services/docs/pdf-lowfodmapdiet.pdf

I have only done it for two days but this is what I have eaten so far.

gluten free bacon, potato, tomato and zuccini all scrambled together with Italian seasoning.

For dinner I made Vietnamese shrimp spring rolls with romance hearts and red bell paper and a spicy soy peanut dipping sauce.

Hi Ladies,

Do you mind if I join you? We are just starting IVF with ICSI for the first time after 2 failed IUI's. I have a 5 year old DS and we have been trying for #2 for almost 3 1/2 years.

I take my first BCP today along with my prenatal vitamin; CoQ10 and Vitamin D. My Dr also suggesting eliminating or reducing Wheat as well from our diets so we'll be doing that. If all goes well I'll start my meds in 3 weeks then the actual procedure will be happening in May!! Eeek! I am nervous and worried but also super excited!! It would definitely be nice to have some support from ladies that are going through the same thing now or in the future!

White- bitter sweet for you to join. Glad you are on this step with us. But sad you are here too! Glad you have a plan! I'm having surgery next week and then hopefully starting when you do!

Welcome white.

I'm struggling with getting on the healthy wagon ready for our next ivf. It feels so far away I've got a bit complacent. I joined slimming world last week so hoping that helps me with being generally healthy! Got to cut the wine right back though, my biggest weakness!!

We've got so much on with moving house and jobs that time if flying by!

Hi girls, just a quick update. I had 28 eggs retrieved on Friday. 19 were mature but only 10 fertilzed with icsi. This is far worse than my last clinic and I had higher hopes with me being at CCRM this time. Indont get what happened and the embryologist said the same thing. There were 4 more eggs that matured fringing so they were going to try and fertilize those yesterday. Should be getting a call today to see how they are all doing. Hopefully we have 14 now but the embryologist said not to count on the second day icsi embryos. I'm so worried and just want to have atleast 5 healthy, normal embryos to work with for next months transfer. :(

Mommylov - I'm sorry you didn't get as many as you wanted. I remember reading info on my fertility clinic site talking about the statistics for eggs etc and was surprised by how low it may eventually get. Still I have my fingers tightly crossed for you that you have a good number for next month. Stay strong :hugs:

MrsW - I totally understand how you feel.... wine is my biggest weakness as well. I don't drink huge amounts but there's nothing I like more at the weekend than a few glasses of wine to relax and unwind with and enjoy with a nice meal.... We're also moving house so I know I'm going to find it hard not having some wine while we are going through everything!! For us we have decided to eliminate it completely since we've had 2 failed IUI's and since we are spending so much money on IVF we want to give it our best go! So between no pasta, bread, ltd dairy and no wine it's going to be a tough couple of months!!! That being said I will happily give them all up if it means I get my much wanted little baby!!

I hope everyone else is well! :hi:

Mommy - Fxed you get the 14.....

Hope - I also travel for my IVF and all of my procedures so I can feel your pain. I would be a bit aggressive and let them know that you have to get airplane tickets etc. and that you cannot wait to have a tentative plan in place.

AFM, I am new here....on to my second IVF. I had laparoscopic and hysterscopic surgery to remove a rather large fibroid in my cavity and wall of my uterus. I am healing now and am on schedule for my July IVF. My dr has said she will be a bit more aggressive with me this time around as I only produced 9 eggs and she had hoped for more. So fxed this is a very successful thread and that we are all complaining about morning sickness very very soon!

Update...God must be testing my patience through this ivf...went for pre op today...surgery thursday...well they called me this afternoon and surgery has been pushed back till next Tuesday due to a water break at the hospital!...also my doc is going out of town the next day for a week...so now my appointment where we were going to lay out my time line for ivf ect. That was going to be this Monday is now being changed to 2 weeks from now...more waiting...oh well probably will be better for some reason..

Waiting, grrrr super frustration about your surgery being pushed! I was told that this whole process definitely teaches us patience but sometimes I just want to scream when things don't go right. :growlmad: But like you said, maybe this is happening to allow for a better time to have that appt. :thumbup:

Mommylov - I'm sorry you didn't get as many as you wanted. I remember reading info on my fertility clinic site talking about the statistics for eggs etc and was surprised by how low it may eventually get. Still I have my fingers tightly crossed for you that you have a good number for next month. Stay strong :hugs:

Thank you so much! I too thought it was cray how low the rate was. Then again, its crazy how every month a woman only has a 25% chance of getting pregnant and it seems to happen for so many that dont want it. :shrug:

Mommy - Fxed you get the 14.....

Thank you and I second what you say.... wishing everyone a uterus filled with a bean(s)!!!

Hope everyone is doing well! :flower:

Update...God must be testing my patience through this ivf...went for pre op today...surgery thursday...well they called me this afternoon and surgery has been pushed back till next Tuesday due to a water break at the hospital!...also my doc is going out of town the next day for a week...so now my appointment where we were going to lay out my time line for ivf ect. That was going to be this Monday is now being changed to 2 weeks from now...more waiting...oh well probably will be better for some reason..

Delay after Delay. I hate that, but great attitude. What is the surgery for? I have just had hysterscopic and laparoscopic combo. It was last week Friday and I am healing up now. I had a huge fibroid removed from the cavity and wall of my uterus. So happy it out of there!

Hope your healing well! I've had that surgery before! This surgery is pretty simple just getting a polyp removed

Waiting - sorry about the delay. I had that surgery a couple years ago. It was pretty easy, though my surgery was late in the afternoon and the following day I still didn't feel well from the anasthesia so I went home early (should have taken the day off).

Hi ladies, do you mind if I join? Im currently starting a two month break before we start IVF with ICSI in June... im so excited and nervous to start !! Im so scared it wont work and so excited at the odds that it might actually work :/ im such a rollercoaster of emotions at the moment, I think my husband is sick of me hehe

Wanting - Welcome!! I feel the same way and I think my hubby does too. I'm doing IVF with ICSI and PGD in early June with Egg transfer in July. It's so scary to think that it might not work. Do you know when you start? FX'd that it works for both of us.

Hi hope, what is PGD for? My doc hasnt mentioned this I dont think.
My cycle will start 1st-2nd week of June so will start then, my doc does a fresh transfer so will all be within June I think... im making an appt to see my doc about 2 weeks before im due for AF so she'll explain more to me then.
I dont know how to pre prep my body for everything, ive read such mixed reviews. At the moment I just take my multi plus vit D and have changed coffee too tea, we are going to start eating more fresh food over the next couple of months. Do you think this is enough? Are you doing anything to prepare?

Welcome wanting bubba!

Waiting ugh, sorry to hear about the delay. I agree the whole process is so frustrating! Hope it happens soon for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->