IVF - NHS waiting list?

Well we are now in the process of IVF/assisted reproduction, saw gynae in Dec and I was v v early pregnancy she said if I m/c'd then she would see us in fertility clinic so I m/c'd 2 days after seeing her so was referred for fertiltiy appt, 12 week wait from when they received our form back but it took them over a month to get the form out so I returned it approx 2 hrs after receiving it! Since had another 2 m/cs (3 in 3 months) so hoping there is something they can do, clearly my tubes are clear and DHs swimmers are fine but don't seem to be able to get past around 5 weeks. We're lucky though we've only been trying for 6 months after diagnosis of severe endo and treatments for that failing to work, told to get pregnant as soon as poss while we still can.

This is fascinating - I have nothing to add but I think it's a really good thread to share waiting lits as they are terribly hard to find out until you are in the system. The actual waiting list, the quoted waiting list and the waiting list you are told at the start of the process are all so different! I'm in Hull PCT if anyone has any idea of the status?!

All I know is Bedfordshire PCT has an 18 week maximum wait between referral and treatment started. If there is a problem with either of you, the referral goes through after two years, if not you have to wait three. I am on my last three months of waiting before my referral goes through. x

Just to update those under Trafford pct, I'm now on the IVF list at St Marys (didn't realise that Wythenshawe referred to there after the physical tests had been completed) and was told the wait is around 2 years. :dohh:

Just to update those under Trafford pct, I'm now on the IVF list at St Marys (didn't realise that Wythenshawe referred to there after the physical tests had been completed) and was told the wait is around 2 years. :dohh:

2 years, thats strange i was told very different to that!! Has Trafford sent you through any confirmation to confirm I know there not funding any new patients until April as i done some investigation work and spoke to Trafford Primary Care Trust who confirmed this was the case!!

I also spoke to St Marys who have confirmed there isnt a wait, so unsure where the 2 year wait has come from!!
I also note that there is only one free cycle of ivf and speaking to Trafford they have there own waiting list know before even sending you to St Marys its all changed due to patients being given more than the one funded cycle!!

Trafford have there own set of rules to qualify for ivf and if you fit the citrea they then send you to st marys once funding is in!!

CRAP i know!xx

Hi

I am in Havering and have an appointment with the consultant on the 7th Aug to discuss IVF. The FS told me that the waiting time is 18 weeks with 3 IVF trys. I will know more on the 7th. Already me and my DH have had to be tested for HIV, Hep b and C apparently standard........ I hope so.

Tory x

Hi Tory,

I know you posted a while back but just wondered how you got on?Did you try IVF? I am currently being seen by Basildon Hosp but have had 7 rounds of clomid and 3 of letroxole so as of today am no longer being treated and next appointment is in April to see consultant about being referred for IVF.

Hope to hear from you soon

Vicky x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"