Ivf oct/nov/dec

Hope everyone is well. Got the pathology report back. The other object in my tube was the second embryo. My Dr said never in his 26 years has he had a double ectopic. Until me of course. :( Now I'm really anxious for my follow up appointment on the 19th!

Hope everyone is well. Got the pathology report back. The other object in my tube was the second embryo. My Dr said never in his 26 years has he had a double ectopic. Until me of course. :( Now I'm really anxious for my follow up appointment on the 19th!

WOW! How on earth did you managed that? Has your FS said how they got there? I know there is some risk for an ectopic pregnancy, but I thought it was pretty low? Especially since they placed them in your uterus. I hope he gives you some answers! :hug:

Double WOW! Seriously, that is scary and really, how did you manage that? I thought there was a low chance for that as well with IVF, but I have heard it can happen. How are you feeling? I would be anxious for a follow-up too and hopefully he can give you some insight into what happened!

Michelle, congrats on reaching you second trimester! :happydance:

@Lucie, Wow, I am so sorry about the ectopic pregnancy, the odds do seem very low that both embryos would implant into your tubes. I haven't ever heard of two embryos in the tubes together like that, I have onlyheard of one in there. I am just glad that they caught it early before you had any long term damage though hun. Big hugs to you!! :hugs::hugs:

I know that having damaged fallopian tubes, endometriosis, or if you have had laparascopy/hysteroscopy surgey it increases the risk for ectopic pregnancy. So those are factors to keep in mind as well. I had concerns about ectopic as well because I have endo, a damaged right tube and I have had the surgeries as well.

@Lucie, I was just wondering if your DR had you lay still for 15 minutes after the ET was done? My DR had me lay still on the table after he did the ET for 15 minutes. I didn't do bed rest after though. I just relaxed and took it easy that day.

No clue how they ended up there. Dr. explained that the catheter they use to transfer the embryos isn't long enough to reach the tubes, and that the opening to your tubes is only about as big as a period at the end of the sentence, and the catheter is at least 7-10 times larger. He also to,d me that the ectopic rate in ivf is 1-2%.

I've had an hsg which came back clear, and the dr did the test where a camera is placed in the uterus and that came back normal as well. As for the endo, well I had no symptoms of that, so I'm not sure if that is a factor or not.

Lucie: sorry to hear about the 2nd ectopic :(

All: I read that ectopics are slightly more common with IVF, like 2% vs 1%. Go figure?

Lucie, I'm so sorry :hugs: I'm so glad you got some answers though. Hopefully your Dr. will have a good plan in place at your followup.

Wow, Lucie, sorry you had to be the one to get the bad break like that - I hope it balances out next time and you get all good luck instead.

Lucie - That is unbelievable. And not in a good way. Hope you get some good news soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"