IVF - Private or NHS?

MariaIsabella

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am in treatment for Hyperplasia at the moment but will have my biopsy in July when all will be clear hopefully! then I can start IVF which has always been the plan.

I have a dilemma.

I have received funding from NHS for IVF and they are ready to start this in August/September.

At the same time I have been to a private fertility doctor for 1,5 years who has dealt with my hyperplasia issue.

The plan was always to go ahead with IVF with my private doctor ( expensive of course ) since I did not have nhs funding when I started my journey. My private doctor gave me 60% change of pregnancy and he also said he could screen for any "abnormalities" before embryo transfer.

The NHS has a 45-50% success rate, no screening for abnormalities ( to make miscarriage less likely ) but of course free of charge.

I don't know what to do now, private of NHS? Sounds silly perhaps since most of you would say NHS since free but I want to make maximize my changes which is why I still haven't ruled out Private. I am 36 so my age may be an issue as well.. I have saved for this since I didn't think NHS would be possible.

Any advise? Perhaps my private doctor is giving me these great statistics to get my money and perhaps he is trying to scare me with all the talk about screening etc.

Thanks! :)

Does the nhs doctor know about the abnormalities? I think it would be worth seeing what they say first. I would personally go for the nhs option and keep the private doc as a backup option (that you hopefully won't need).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->