IVF (w/ICSI) in Sept/Oct 2012

Here are some other veggies:

:thumbup: beet greens, kale, mustard greens, amaranth greens, lettuce, broccoli, green beans, cabbage, cucumbers, peas, green peppers, brussels sprouts, artichokes, leeks, scallions and zucchini.

Folic acid is a type of vitamin B that is also sometimes called folate. Folate helps support normal nerve function and the production of red blood cells. According to the March of Dimes, women who are pregnant or are trying to conceive should include folate in their diets to ensure the development of a healthy baby. Women who do not consume enough folic acid are at risk for carrying a baby with neural tube defects, or abnormalities in the formation of the spine and brain. A large selection of foods are natural sources of folate, but supplements can also boost intake when needed.

Beef Liver;
According to The World's Healthiest Foods, a service of the George Mateljan Foundation, folate is generally not naturally ocurring in meat products. The one exception to this rule is calf's liver. A 4-oz. serving of liver contains more than 860 micrograms (mcg) of folic acid. Recommended daily allowances of folic acid for pregnant women vary according to the source; the American Pregnancy Association suggests a daily intake of 600 mcg, while the March of Dimes reports that multivitamins containing 400 mcg of folate are adequate. Even taking this variation into consideration, women who can stomach calf's liver consume much more than the RDA with just one serving.

Beans;
Beans of all kinds can provide with plenty of folic acid to support baby's development. According to The World's Healthiest Foods, beans including kidney, garbanzo, pinto, black, navy and lima, as well as cooked lentils are all "very good' sources of folic acid to support a healthy pregnancy. Beans of this type contain between 156 and 357 mcg per cup. Green beans also contain folate, but in much smaller amounts, with only about 40 mcg per serving. Women who eat beans and lentils for their folic acid content may choose to pre-rinse canned beans before eating to remove excess sodium, in an effort to control water retention.

Fruits;
A variety of fruits are high in folate. The American Pregnancy Association recommends oranges as a good source of the nutrient, especially orange juice from concentrate. Per piece, an average orange contains approximately 40 mcg of folate. Papaya is another excellent source of folic acid for the fruit-loving mom, weighing in at 115 mcg per whole fruit. Other fruit sources of this B vitamin include strawberries (25 mcg per cup), raspberries (31 mcg per cup) and cantaloupe (27 mcg per cup).

Vegetables;
A wide range of vegetables are high in folic acid and can help a pregnant woman get her daily allowances. Green peas, spinach and other greens, mushrooms, asparagus, eggplant, corn, carrots, as well as cruciferous vegetables such as cauliflower and broccoli contain folic acid. Asparagus and spinach are at the higher end of the scale, with each cupful providing 262 mcg. Eggplant and carrots fall short of being excellent sources of the nutrient, each one offering less than 20 mcg per serving

:dust:

AnetteCali I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I'm sure she is watching and guiding you to your bfp.

Wish2havbaby - sometimes it can be. I have a brother and sister and I'm the only one with no kids of my own and I'm the oldest.

Hi All you Lovely Ladies
:winkwink:

This is my first time doing ivf aswel. I have also been doin light exercise and eating my fruits and veggies. My FS put me on folic acid,pregnacare and omega vitamins and supplements. But Ive been reading alot of acupuncture posts. I have never done acupuncture, and i am really considering trying it. How often should i go for an appointment and what can i expect from treatment? is it painful?

I went for my family members kiddies bday party this weekend, it was ok, i took my little baby boy( he is a 3year old maltese dog) but he is the most loving and understanding creature ever. He always keeps me going. :blush:
But the worst thing was shopping in the baby aisle, my God,i just find it so hard to resist buying baby clothes before even being pregnant. my mom always tells me i shouldnt, but i have quite a few baby rompers already.
:brat:

Surrender - you have your doc appointment second week of sept. what date?
Will you be starting on lupron? Its so true about over worrying our hubbies. I do that all the time, and still think, he is a man, he really cannot understand exactly how i feel. I am so grateful I have the support of all you lovely ladies.

Signoral-what are you gonna be down-regging with? and stimming with?I hope you'll be preggo on your bday.:hugs:

HappyBunny- We will defentely get to have our babies too and then our little ones can play with their cousins.

Praying we all have BFP's.
:hugs::kiss::hugs::kiss::flower:

Hi ladies! Hope you all had a nice weekend!

AnnetteCali, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, too. I can't imagine going through all of these infertility issues and that as well. I pray that this cycle works for you!

Surrender, thanks for all the tips on the healthy foods! I'm usually pretty good about eating healthy - both before and after we started trying, but I was a little more relaxed about what I ate last month. :blush:

Miss Redknob - that's awesome! I'm really happy about it being a Friday and hope it doesn't change for any reason. I have to work our annual benefit event on Sept. 29 (I work at a performing arts center) and I didn't want to be in bad shape for it.

wish2havbaby, I have a hard time too with kids' birthday parties, especially my nephew's. DH's brother and SIL have a 2-year-old and they got pregnant with him on their first try. When we first started trying, they were nowhere near planning their second, but they're now about 31 weeks preggo with their second (again, another first try). We went up for our nephew's birthday back in April and luckily they accidentally spilled the beans over the phone a few weeks before, so we didn't have to learn about it in person. But it was still very tough being around her and being around the kids.

Also, I'm stimming with Bravelle and Menopur (and then I think it says something about Lovenox - for blood clots? - this was handwritten next to the days I start stimming) and then later I'm taking Ganirelix. Actually what I will be taking on Sept. 6 is Cabergoline, which it looks like is supposed prevent OHSS. I read online that someone recommended to get a box with compartments to store all the meds for each day. I think I'm going to do that.

Wish2havbaby- I did Acupuncture and I loved it. It didn't hurt at all. I went every two weeks and for about two months. It did relax me and I fell asleep every single time. I stop doing it because it git expensive, but I might go back right before my transfer.

Signoral- good luck on stimming. Did they tell you when your er would be?

AFM, I have my protocol appt tomorrow and I'm very excited. Now we are just praying we find some sperm. DH had a VR and we have been trying to freeze some sperm just in case and the last three times we've found nothing. I'm waiting for them to call me and give me good news.

Hey there...

Sounds like I'll be more in line with everyone's timing on this thread. This will be my 2nd Ivf. My 1st Ivf was successful but we ended up losing the little bean @ 7 weeks. We've been TTC#1 for 2 years. My DH has low everything so it seems IVF is our only route. It looks like ER and ET will be towards the end of September. I still have 1 week of BCP and will start Lupron injections this week. I did accupuncture with my 1st IVF but don't think I will do it this round. As for being alone - that's me. I just don't have it in me to discuss this with any of my friends who all have babies. I wish everyone the best of luck!
Hugs to everyone!!

kchope- *HUG* Sorry to hear about your loss. I hope this second time you get your BFP and it sticks.

Wish2havbaby - I have been doing acupuncture weekly for the past 6 weeks, my clinic suggested it. Like Happy bunny said it can get expensive though, I pay $65 AUD a week and claim $24AUD back from my Health fund. I am doing it for my first cycle and if it unsuccessful I probably won't continue.

Signoral - Hope they don't change the date on you :hugs: Friday is a good day then we have the weekend to relax (even though I will be on 6 weeks leave from work :haha:)

Happy Bunny - Hope the doctor has some good news for you :thumbup:

Kchope - sorry about your loss, hope this cycle is a lucky one for you :hugs:

Hi Ladies,

My acupuncturist told me to stop eating dairy and bread two weeks prior to my ER, has anyone else been told this??

Those two food items are a must in my daily food intake, i dont know how i will do it.

Kchope - :hugs: I'm sorry for your loss. I'm on my first week of BCP.

Mrs redknob - I didn't get any good news.

Arimas- I'm not doing Acupuncture but I've hear that before. I hope to do couple of sessions before ER and I will ask. It would be hard for me as well.

AFM, our 4th attempt still no sperm. So DH and I talked about extraction and he agreed to do it. I told him we can hold off and them do the November cycle but he said he doesn't want to wait. We are paying out of pocket so now we are up to $17,000. I dunno what to do. I know he is willing but just to think of all the pain he is going to go through.

Hi Ladies :wave:

Hope you dont mind me joining this thread as i will be doing ER & ET end of sept. A little about myself to start My DH was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma cancer in June 2010 and had to under go intensive chemotherapy and a stem cell transplant. One of the side affects to this treatment was infertility and there was a 90% chance of this happening. He did freeze some sperm prior to the treatment since we had no children previously. He has since got the all clear and was put into remission in March 2012 where we found out that the treatment had made him sterile. Good job we got those frozen! We then put things on hold as we where getting married in the April 2012.

This brings me to the here and now. We got our schedule last week and i started Burserelin injections last tuesday. Due to start Menopur on 14th sept with ER potentially on 27th Sept with hopefully 5 day blastcyst before transfer.

Been reading everyones posts and am looking forward to doing this journey with you all. :happydance:xx

SignoraL, thats good you are a healthful eater, I am as well but can get lazy and fall off the wagon, though I workout regularly and am in pretty good shape, it's still a challenge to be balanced and not be an extremist. I am excited for you as you have already started your process, and I can learn a lot from you in that regard. So thanks for sharing :kiss:

Wish2havbaby, my appointment will be around Sept 16 depending on AF, not sure what I am going to take but I am excited!! I totally identify with your temptation to buy baby stuff, it's hard to resist but I am trying my best to wait :coffee::happydance:

Kchope, So sorry for your loss. God willing this time it will stick and you will have a beautiful baby.:hugs:

Aramis, Accupuncture is great I have started it twice a week since I have almost 3 weeks left before starting IVF. I am also off diary and gluten, it's hard initially but when I am willing to do whatever it takes to increase the chances of having a baby and this is really not such a big sacrifice. :pink:

HappyBunnyAB sorry to hear about the no :spermy: I understand your frustration especially with how expensive this process is. Hang in there, praying for you and sending to tons of :hug:

I wish you all a beautiful day/evening, sending us all :dust:

Wow - looks like we are getting a lot of late September transfers! Let's hope that this is going to be a lucky thread and that we see a lot of BFP's :)

I was eating really healthy and juicing veges for a while, but that was way too much for me, so now I just try to be balanced. I did start taking some royal bee jelly for this cycle, but I stopped when I started my Lupron - just in case.

I had my ultrasound on Monday and they saw a large cyst on my right ovary. Thankfully my estrogen was below 100 so they are not going to cancel my cycle. The downside is that I have to go in to get it drained tomorrow morning and it is basically the same proceedure and the retrieval and that is something I am not looking forward to doing - especially since I will have to do it again in a week and a half - but oh well - anything we can do to get our bfp:) I will be starting my stims as planned on Friday.

Miss Annabelle - Sorry to hear they found a cyst but good news that they arent going to cancel your cycle.:wohoo: As you say we will do anything to get a BFP. Be thinking of you tomorrow.:hugs:

:wave: Sandy welcome to the group

Sorry about the cyst Miss Annabelle hope the procedure goes well :hugs:

Hi Ladies, hope I can join :flower:

I started Northisterone last weds and started sniffing on Friday. So far I feel good, if not a little tired and just overwhelmed by the whole thing. This is our first and only try at ICSI. You can see in my siggy our journey so far.

I can't believe I'm finally at a place where I can join one of these threads, it's an exciting time as well as completely nerve wracking as all you wonderful ladies know only too well. I'm so happy to be able to share with you all.

The one thing I am wondering about though is my FS told me not to take ANY vitamins at all apart from folic acid and liquid iron (I'm slightly anaemic) I was taking all sorts and have stopped them altogether apart from my Royal Jelly which I have read such great things about I don't see how that could possibly do me any harm. He also told me to exercise as normal which for me is a couple of spin classes a week some high impact aerobics and the odd pilates. I have decided I will not be comfortable doing this amount of exercise around EC or ET even though he said it would be fine, I'm worried about my temp because I get really hot and all the jumping around and how that could affect things.

It's so hard because obviously I want to do absolutely every conceivable thing I can to improve our chances as this one try will be our only try. I also found out I have low ovarian reserve which I was really shocked about. My number was 9.2 that coupled with DH low sperm and poor morph the outlook doesn't look great but I live in hope our prayers will be answered. I'm also relieved to have the end in sight and finally know one way or another if we will have a baby as this has been going on so many years.

Well I am booked in for my blood test on 6th Sept and then no news is good news and I should start injections on the 7th if all is well.

Fingers crossed for you all and Good Luck to everyone :hugs: xxx

Hi Athena

Sounds like you have had a rough time lately. Can i ask why are the NHS only funding 1 cycle? We are going through the NHS with ICIS and get 3 cycles, Does it depending on the hospital/area?

When will you be looking at EC xx

Hi Sandy

We only get 1 cycle funded in our area :( devastating as feel sure it would work if we got more than one shot at it! I do hold out some hope though as there is a thread on here about ivf/icsi and so many ladies on there got lucky first time. I suppose we still have a chance at FET if we get frosties but will just have to wait and see.

I think EC will be around Sept 28th eeeek! I really can't wait but makes me nervous writing it down haha! It looks from your post we will be within a day or so of each other, how exciting! xx

Yeah i will be looking at EC on 27th Sept give or take a day so can go through this together with the rest of the Ladies on this thread as there seems to be a lot about the same time. Its very exciting but sometimes when i sit back and look at it it's really scary as well.

As you say there are loads of BFP that i have seen with IVF, ICIS on first attempt so will keep my FX for you. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->