• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF (w/ICSI) in Sept/Oct 2012

Hey girlies, so I've been reading that apparently having a bit of a giggle after ET can help, a few ladies have said that they watched rom coms and this really seemed to help so I'm willing to give anything a go! My ER/ET probs not until end Sept but just planning ahead.

I also wondered if any of you have a good happy/feel good book you could recommend to me? I always take a book to all my appts but they tend to be crime or a bit more serious, and I was thinking I should read something to help my mind stay positive and keep myself happy. Would love to hear what you girls think, or can recommend for me please?

HI ladies

Hope all you wonderful gals are doing alryt and trying to stay positive.
:flower::flower::flower::flower:

Athena - a great book to help you stay positive ,if you havnt read it already is THE SECRET by Rhonda Byrne.

Hi Signoral - I also got some body butter,body wash,a manicure set. my parents wedding album -which i plan on updating the album. i got some aromatic room spray - to lift my moods aswel.
just wanted to let your'll know that i read somewhere that you should avoid using aerosol perfume/deodrant on the day of ER and ET.

sweetc - so true about doing the ivf care package for someone else.

Welcome Sandy, Athena, HappyBunny and sweet C!!:flower:

SignoraL, my hubby is eating healthfully but is has not given up dairy or gluten, though starting next week he is planning on starting the south beach diet. I am just focusing on doing my best to increase my chances of getting a :bfp: the rest is in God's hands. I feel quite amazing from detoxing from the sugar, gluten, caffeine and dairy. It was hard first couple of days but now am starting to feel clean inside. I love the idea of an IVF care package, I will definitely make one thanks for that!:thumbup:

Kchope, Definitely look it up diet makes a remarkable difference :icecream:
Annette sorry about :witch: God willing next one will be a success. Tough to wait :coffee: sending you :hug:

We don't have NHS here in Dubai, everything has to be paid out of pocket:grr:
But it is all worth it in the end:baby::baby:

I am taking hubby to the dead sea for his birthday:cake: this weekend for relaxation and cuddles looking forward to that. :plane:Have a wonderful weekend. Sending you all tons of love, laughter, hugs and :dust:

HI ladies

:nope: in my country the NHS does not exist. we have to pay for our treatment privately. :cry: all our treatment was paid in cash and cannot even be claimed from medical aid.:growlmad:

anyway we have saved alot of money to give us our 1st try at icsi ffrom the 4years that we have been trying for.

Miss annabelle- "anything to get our bfp" GO GIRL :thumbup: you can do it. Be positive.

Surrender - i am so excited to finally get to start this treatment and get a chance of falling pregnant and have a baby in 2013. I am also so nervous. Sometimes i feel like pulling out my hair from my head.:dohh:

Athena and sandy welcome to the thread.:hugs::hugs:
I am here to support you.:kiss:

Sandy- so sorry to hear about all the medical complications your hubby and you have been through. Thank God your'll froze some.:flower:
Best of luck. keeping my fingers crossed for u.:hugs:

Aramis- i am not sure about the dairy products stuff you were told about.

Maybe one of our lovely wonderful ladies can tell us more about what we should not eat while doing ivf.

Miss redknob - thank you for the insight. i called my clinic today and they said that they not sure about me doing acupuncture and they dont think that the doctor will recommend it.

kchope - so sorry to hear about your loss. I also dont have anyone to discuss this with. nobody really understands what we are going through. some people actually think i dont have any babies because i choose not to, because im busy in my career.
But i have been trying to conceive since i've been married, which will be 4 years next month 14 sept. and i've been at a FS for the past 3years.

I hope we all get the BFP we want.:baby::baby::baby::baby:

Signoral - how are you doin?

baby :dust: to all of us

I hear ya sista! Hang in there! We can all get through this without pulling our hair out. Stay positive:thumbup::happydance: and we are also paying out of pocket but what to do? hopefully there will be some good news for us all. :dust::dust:

Morning ladies - proceedure went well yesterday. It was a walk in the park compared to the retrieval - probably because I am not on stimms yet plus the fact that they were only in there for about five minutes draining one thing instead of 15-20 poking all over the place! Starting stimms tomorrow so I can be ready for my retrieval a week from Monday. Any ladies who have not yet done an egg retrieval - for this proceedure I brought a book, a bag of cookies, socks, slippers and a warm sweater. They have you get into the gown and give you a sheet and you have to sit in a chair on the IV for 30mins or so and the room is cold and the floor is cold! Then you have to sit there for 30mins or so after on the IV and you are even colder and you have to eat and drink and use the restroom before you can go - they have a basket of crackers - but I brought some cookies for obvious reasons:) I brought a book because even though DH is there he is too uncomfortable or nervous to be much company. That helped me at my little clinic - I'm not sure how things work at other places...maybe they give you a terry robe and slippers and have flat screens for all I know:p

MissAnnabelle - I'm glad you are done and on your way to stimming. This will be my first time so I'm kind of nervous. I hope this cycle works for you and you can be the first one to start the bfp's on this thread.

Signoral, what a great idea on the ivf package.

How is everyone else doing?

AFM, I meant to update you ladies yesterday. I had my protocol appt and it went well. The Dr did a pre-egg retrieval with a catheter and he said my cervix openning is too small. He said he was going to probe it when I was under anesthisia because if he did it then it would hurt. Otherwise I will get my embrios the old fashion way via fallopian tubes. I stop my BCP on 9/9 and start Lupron on 9/6. Then I have my first u/s on 9/14. It starting to feel so real now. DH is having a mini MESA on the same day as my retrieval. [-o< that we get sperm!

Hey Wish, thanks so much for your suggestion I have just read the synopsis of The Secret and have decided this will be my IVF book! This is EXACTLY the type of book I was looking for, thank you hun xxx

So sorry about AF, AnnetteCali. :hugs: I'm praying that this cycle works for you!

kchope, when is your ER? I have about a week left of BCP, too.

sweetc and wish2havbaby, glad that you like the IVF care package idea! What are you planning on putting in yours? I have some organic sugar scrub and body butter and organic nail polish and my latest issue of Shape Magazine in there right now. Also going to add the September InStyle, some beach-type reading, a manicure kit, some DVDs of funny TV shows I love (How I Met Your Mother, Arrested Development - and maybe Gilmore Girls, which I've been meaning to try), and maybe some comfy new loungewear.

Not sure of an ER date yet - knowing my body I would guess around Sept 21st. Sounds like we may be right around same timeframe :)

Happybunny -thanks:) I hope so too! I see that there are a lot of late September retrievals on this thread. If all goes well my beta will be on the 27th. Don't be nervous - it isn't so bad, well it is but it is worth it in the end:) Just make sure that you take good care of yourself before, during and after. The doctor has a hard time getting the cathedar through my cervix as wel - he always has me cough a couple of times and that seems to help it go in. I started stimming tonight. Really hoping that I don't overstimulate this time. I'm sre they wont let me now that they know how I respond and everything.

hi ladies :winkwink:

I see things been going well. :flower:

Surrender - hope you have a great and fabulous relaxing weekend away.
I'm getting my hubby to eat right too, though I don't think he will give up his dairy, since he has alittle in his tea. but I don't think that's too bad.
I've been detoxing aswell. Keeping away from dairy,sugar and caffeine. Its been ok though.

Miss annabelle - I'm glad that your procedure wasn't too painful for you and that's it out the way and you're ready to start stims. Thank you for your advice on what to take to the clinic for ER. I was planning to carry a little bag of my stuff aswel. Think it would be similar to when i went in for hysterscopy and lap.
I think we should include a sanitary towel aswel, because i did read that we can expect sum slight bleeding. mwah.:blush:

HappyBunny - glad that your protocol appointment went well. Everythings going to be fine. Stay positive as you are, you will get those sperm. My hubby is on fertimed - too increase sperm and quality. Did you FS recommend this?:hugs:

Athena - I also took out that book to read it again, its going to be my IVF book aswel. Thank you for reminding me about the book too.:thumbup::flower:

hope you ladies have a fantastic weekend. :hugs::kiss:

sending :dust:to all of us.

MissAnnabelle, thank you how exciting to be stimming already! I'm starting to you tube the injections so I can make sure I do it right. I might have DH do them.

Wish2havbaby- Dr has him on a 1/4 of clomid. We were doing fertility blend but we stopped since the Dr is going to do MESA. We are now hoping to just have sperm. I don't wanna use donor.

Have a great weekend ladies!

Happybunny- DH does mine. Last cycle I was bruised like crazy, so this time we are chilling the spot with ice first, pinching it and doing the injection slower. No bruises yet - I think it might hurt a little more doing it slower though.

Hi Ladies

Sorry for being silent for a few days but got some bad news last week, DH's mam passed away on wednesday :sadangel: so havent been having a good time lately and think with my hormones being all over the place doesnt help.

Everyone seems to be doing good and progressing well in this cycle. FX crossed for everyone. :thumbup:

AFM - Been on Buserelin for 2 weeks now had no SF so far so FX! Next appt for scan is 13th and then start Menopur on 14th Sept so still another week to go. :flower:

Oh my goodness Sandy, how devastating for you and DH and am so very sorry to hear that news. :hugs:

I just have a quick question if I may; I finished taking my Norethisterone last tues of which I was taking 2 tablets daily for 7 days, so finished nearly a week ago now, I have continued using the suprefact nasal spray. I have a blood test booked for thurs but as of yet have not had a period or any sign of one, can anyone tell me when I can expect af to come? In my treatment schedule it says to make sure I've had a period before blood test. I'm just worried why I haven't had one if it's the norm?

Thanks Athena. :cry:

Wish i could answer your question but i wouldn't have a clue with the meds you are on.:shrug: Hopefully one of the other ladies will be able to help.

I know ive been on Buserelin for 2 weeks and my period is just about finished and have blood tests and scans booked for a week on thursday day before im due to start Menopur.

If you are concerned i would ring to find out and put your mind at ease. Im sure its nothing to worry about. :hugs: xx

Thanks sandy, I think I will ring tmw if period still a no show x

Well, my doctor just called and my bloodwork looks good, so next ultrasound and blooddraw on Wednesday morning. I have a lot of anxiety this cycle and can't shake this negative attitude. What is everyone else doing to stay positive and optimistic during this ordeal?

Well, my doctor just called and my bloodwork looks good, so next ultrasound and blooddraw on Wednesday morning. I have a lot of anxiety this cycle and can't shake this negative attitude. What is everyone else doing to stay positive and optimistic during this ordeal?

Keeping my fingers crossed for you MissAnnabelle. I was like you, I had mixed emotions my FET. After one failed fresh cycle , I tried to go into the next cycle with a positive attitude... but at the same time you want to protect your feelings in a way by not being so positive... if that makes sense? I tried to look at the FET as a "fresh start"... it was tough... many ups and downs!

I am on birth control for 2 1/2 weeks then I start stimming... im excited... and nervous at the same time.

Sending tons of baby dust to you!!This HAS to work for us!! I often think... "how can i be so unlucky"?!!! ugh!!

keeping you in my thoughts xoxox

Annette - I hear you and that makes total sense. I actually said to the nurse last cyle - it has to work eventually right? I mean it's not like someone can just keep doing it over and over and it never works and she was like well - that could happen - for some people it doesn't ever work. I was like - oh great.
I really do hope it works. I wonder what the percent is of women that it doesn't work for? I read somewhere that 1 in 4 IVF proceedures result in a live birth and our doctor gave us a 55-70% chance for success. I don't know. I think the worst part for me is feeling like I have no control over anything.
Your FET will be here before you know it. I see a lot of women here that have success with those. I heard that it is better sometimes than fresh because your body isn't under so much stress before transfer. I will be hoping for you as well as me this time :)

Annette - I hear you and that makes total sense. I actually said to the nurse last cyle - it has to work eventually right? I mean it's not like someone can just keep doing it over and over and it never works and she was like well - that could happen - for some people it doesn't ever work. I was like - oh great.
I really do hope it works. I wonder what the percent is of women that it doesn't work for? I read somewhere that 1 in 4 IVF proceedures result in a live birth and our doctor gave us a 55-70% chance for success. I don't know. I think the worst part for me is feeling like I have no control over anything.
Your FET will be here before you know it. I see a lot of women here that have success with those. I heard that it is better sometimes than fresh because your body isn't under so much stress before transfer. I will be hoping for you as well as me this time :)

You and I sound the same. I too said to my doc... " this has to work eventually". My poor doc is so sweet.. and genuinely stressed for me. It always stresses me out when he's looking at my chart because he looks genuinely stressed that he cant get me pregnant. I keep telling him.. " it's probably my old eggs.. lol.. " We have a good relationship together... as we should... he has been treating me for over a year between iui's and two ivf cycles. I had my FET last month... it's was a no go for me.. so this cycle will be fresh . I have mixed emotions... excited.... nervous... doubtful... hopeful.. I'm always an emotional wreck the last few days before the beta. !

I'm excited for you and hope this is the LAST time you will have to do this!!

xoxox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->