IVF with PGS - how many embryos did you transfer?

5 biopsied is great!! I think you will have at least two, if not more! I had 12 biopsied, got 5, so a little over 40%. But I remember reading percentages back during our biopsy, and it seemed like results were all over the place, so you may easily have greater success!

I understand your clinic wants to put in the best one, but really, after PGS--at least in my experience--they're all excellent. Interesting they won't even give you the option of choosing. Hmmm. I don't want to know until a BFP, maybe even wait for the ultrasound. I want it to all feel as "normal" as possible, if there is such a thing. On the other hand, if the RE knows and the nurses know then I might not be able to help myself! My partner would wait until the birth to find out if I'd let her. I already told her that is not happening.

5 biopsied is great!! I think you will have at least two, if not more! I had 12 biopsied, got 5, so a little over 40%. But I remember reading percentages back during our biopsy, and it seemed like results were all over the place, so you may easily have greater success!

I understand your clinic wants to put in the best one, but really, after PGS--at least in my experience--they're all excellent. Interesting they won't even give you the option of choosing. Hmmm. I don't want to know until a BFP, maybe even wait for the ultrasound. I want it to all feel as "normal" as possible, if there is such a thing. On the other hand, if the RE knows and the nurses know then I might not be able to help myself! My partner would wait until the birth to find out if I'd let her. I already told her that is not happening.

Normal is what we were aiming for as well. But someone on a thread said something that got me thinking. We pay all this extra money for IVF & PGS...we might as well get some perks no one else gets. Being able to know at 4 weeks the gender...pretty awesome.

beagle - 5 biopsied is great! The waiting game sucks, seems like all we do is wait, but it will be worth it in the end.

It's against the law in Ontario to do sex selection so our clinic is not able to tell us what sex the two PGS normal embryos are until they are transferred. Either way we would not want to know until we reach the end of the first trimester as we have had recurrent losses and so I like to keep some level of detachment as long as possible.

I got my results back about a week ago. We have 2 normal from PGS. My meds class for FET is Tuesday & hopefully the FET will not be too far after.

beagle, that's great! Gives you two fantastic chances. :)

It is illegal to do gender selection in our jurisdiction. I also don't think we want to know until later on. With my two miscarriages, I am very weary of finding out before the 2nd semester. And then I think to myself that everything about our process has been so artificial that it might be nice to just find out at the 20 week scan like most "normal" women. But we're not 100% decided.

I think we are going to ask for the results in an envelope on the day of transfer. Then make our own decision when we find out. But def not waiting for the scan.

Yay Beagle! Two healthy embryos--fantastic! Transfer will be here before you know it. Do you know what forms of estrace and progesterone you'll be on? I started my estrogen for this cycle on Monday--I take 8mg daily (2 oral, 2 vaginal--fun fun). First lining check this coming Monday. Hopefully all goes as it should...

Yay Beagle! Two healthy embryos--fantastic! Transfer will be here before you know it. Do you know what forms of estrace and progesterone you'll be on? I started my estrogen for this cycle on Monday--I take 8mg daily (2 oral, 2 vaginal--fun fun). First lining check this coming Monday. Hopefully all goes as it should...

I don't really know anything yet. The only thing I have been told is to start bcp when my cycle started & I would have to be on them at least 2 weeks. My class is Tues so I should get all my info then. At the date of class I would have been on bcp for 2 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->