ivf

juliejoy

Reaction score
hallo friends,i have already began my ivf cycle currently iam taking microgynon pills for 21 days i started yesterday,kindly if you have been through this please tell me what to expect? I have no one to ask please please

Hi Julie! :wave:

Do you know which protocol you are on? The steps in the IVF process can be slightly different depending on which protocol you're following.

On my last IVF cycle I took the pill for a month and then started using a nasal spray of suprecur - which is the down regulation phase and used to shut down your ovaries. I then went for a baseline scan around CD5 when they look to make sure everything is quiet and you haven't got any cysts or anything. I then started stimming injections to stimulate as much follicle growth as possible.

After about 10-14 days of injecting the stimming medication then you then take a trigger injection to stimulate ovulation and go for egg collection around 36 hours later, which is usually done under sedation - I don't remember anything of mine! The embryologist then fertilises the eggs with IVF or ICSI and the ones that have fertilised are monitored in the lab for 2-5 days transferring back the best quality embryo or embryos. This procedure is really quick and done without any sedation as it's just like a smear.

Then you wait for two (horrendously long!) weeks before you take a HPT or go for a blood test to see if the embroyo(s) have implanted.

I'm just starting stimming for my second round as unfortunately I was unlucky on our first try. I'm happy to try and answer any other questions you have.

Wishing you the best of luck with your treatment! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->