IVH's

PleaseBaby

Reaction score
Hoping someone can help me as I know a few of you have babies with IVH's. Amelia has 2 a grade 3 and grade 4. We had an appointment with her consultant yesterday and he was very vague about the implications of them. I knwo its a wait and see sort of thig but I'd like to prepare myself for the possibilities. So when did your baby show signs of being affected by it and what exactly do they have difficulties with? Is it guranteed that they will have problems?

Thanks in advance ladies, I will reallyapreciate your input as I'm feeling a bit bewildred at the moment :flower:

nothings guaranteed with ivhs hun :hugs: the uncertainty is horrible isnt it?

alex is 2 now and she had a grade 4. shes developmentally behind but this could be down to anything and not neccessarily the IVH. :shrug: Shes a happy lil soul though and a clever cookie in some areas! Physically she is left handed now (the bleed was on the right so im betting this is why) and is weaker on one side of her body but it doesnt effect her day-to-day life, you'd have to spend a day with her to even notice it! She can walk, climb and all.

i hate google, dont google. ;) and i wasted alexs first year worrying about the what ifs, try not to hun, enjoy everything and whatever will be will be. physio can help, theres so many things that can assist! xxx

My daughter also had a grade IV IVH on her left side which could possibly affect the right side of the body.

She is now 20 months actual / nearly 17 months corrected and so far she hasn't been affected by it. She has no weakness on her right side and one consultant said if you didn't see the scans you would never know she had a bleed.

I still worry if it is going to start affecting her in some way but not to the same extreme I worried at the beginning.

Where the brain is involved nothing is guaranteed as it can rewire itself to compensate.

Good luck xx

Thanks ladies. Your right Sandi, it's the uncertanty thats worrying me. If we knew we could prepare but it's like I'm going to be watching, waiting for something she cant do. Also the fact that shes got them on both sides ahhh this worrying malarky just doesnt end, i though twhen she came home I'd be better but it's all so daunting

I didn't want to read and run, my son had IVH but it was a grade I and resolved pretty quickly. :hugs: I hope you get some answers, dear.

Thanks ladies. Your right Sandi, it's the uncertanty thats worrying me. If we knew we could prepare but it's like I'm going to be watching, waiting for something she cant do. Also the fact that shes got them on both sides ahhh this worrying malarky just doesnt end, i though twhen she came home I'd be better but it's all so daunting

Since meeting other preemies I have found there are alot of preemies out there who have done just fine with IVHs! Googles a cow because theres a lot of negative stories and not as many people report the positives.:hugs: So try your best to switch off for now! With Alex it used to be obvious, her stiffness....i used to post on here so worried! But if i knew she'd be running about with my bra on head right this moment in time, I wouldnt have been so concerned ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->