Jack Christian Strongman 28/02/2010 UPDATE NOW PICTURES ADDED

fordy

mummy of 5
Reaction score
This may be a bit longish so I advise to grab a coffee or tea lol:haha:

well, where to begin....a week before Jack was born I was getting contractions but they werent regular and they were very painful, went up the hospital several times and they were hopeless they did nothing for me!! so we went to our doctor and he did a stretch and sweep told me i was 3cms dilated (which is normal for a woman who had more than 2 children) but the cervix was very soft and he could stretch it to 4cms.

anyways the contractions continue, so did the lack of sleep, in that week i was lucky to get 10 hours sleep for the whole week, saturday came i went and had a 5 hour nap lol my oh (max) watched the kids when i woke up i felt so much better so cooked dinner and put the kids to bed, me and max were watching karaoke on foxtel (paytv) that finished at 9pm 9.15pm came and i felt like i had wet myself (my waters have always been broken by the doctors previously so had no idea what it would feel like) i gave max a funny look and he said what, i said um i THINK my waters have broken, he jumped up and started panicing i told him to calm down i will go look, went to the toilet it was clear with mucus and blood, so i grabbed my phone texting every women i knew that had kids to ask them what did the waters look like :haha:
they all came back and said excatly what i saw...so rang the babysitter she arrived went up to the hospital and sure enough waters had broken and were a slow leak:happydance: there were no contractions so they sent me home providing i was back by 8.30am the next day if nothing had happened.

so we went home went to bed when i was rudely awoken at 4am by strong hard and painful contractions, so gave the stop watch they were coming every 5 mins 1 min 30 long so started punching max to wake him up (hes a deep sleeper nothing wakes him lol) finally he woke up and i was biting my tongue while saying to him ring the babysitter i need to get up the hospital!!!

babysitter turnt up and off we went again, got to the hospital 6 cms dilated!!!:happydance:
i aint a fan of sitting around so i went for a walk with max to the car to get our bags we walked for a good hour before going back in and was talking to the midwife when my waters decided this was it and gushed the rest of them down my legs i felt ashamed but max and the midwife were laughing saying its ok its normal lol so i jumped in the shower most of the pain was in my back so the nice hot water on my back was brilliant, got out got into a nightie and chucked some pants on to go for another walk, she told me to be back by 10 so that was fine got back at ten where she did another internal was fully dilated!!:happydance: BUT a piece of the cervix was stopping him from coming out!! so she rang for another midwife and omg this midwife had to push the piece of cervix away so he could come thru....OUCH!!!

anyways from then i started pushing i had the urge but nothing was happening 12pm came and the pain on my back was so bad they had put 7 hot packs on it and i gave in and asked for the g&a he was 4cms away from making his entrance when i couldnt do it anymore i was exhausted, i looked at max and said to him babe i cant do it anymore i'm tired, he said well if u dont i'm gonna go and have a smoke!!! i was like what!! so i tried for another half hour when the contractions as suddenly as they came on stopped!! and i fell asleep!!

they called for a doctor to come in and examine me it turns out Jack was facing the wrong way and was actually stuck in the birth canal (no bloody wonder i was pushing for nothing and got exhausted!!) so the doctor said to me do u want me to help you get the baby out, i looked at max and said to him babe i am not in the best frame of mind i cant make any decisions max looked at me and said i think you should let him help ur too exhausted babe.

so up my legs go on the stirrups and in go the suction cap, they had to push Jack back inside me and turn him around to bring him out, i was screaming in pain and swearing abuse at the poor doctor lol he kept saying i am sorry i am sorry i found out later after birth that they had tried the suction cap twice when on the 3rd go the doctor told max if this doesnt work we going to have to do a c section!! finally the contractions started up again and i felt this big urge to push so with the suction cap and pushing Jack finally entered the world at 2.06pm!!!:cloud9:

i started crying max was sitting there looking at him with tears running down his face we were in love, (this is our first child together) he scored 9 at 1 min and 9 at 5 mins.

he was born at 38+4 weeks 6 pound 10 48 cms long 35 cms head cir.

it was the worst birth i ever went thru but i would do it again just to see this beautiful little man hes worth every little bit!!

i would add pics but i have like no idea how!! lol

Attachments

• jack 001.jpg
    jack 001.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 5
  • jack 004.jpg
    jack 004.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 12
  • jack 014.jpg
    jack 014.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 6
  • jack 044.jpg
    jack 044.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 5
  • jack 017.jpg
    jack 017.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 6
wow, sounds pretty rough, but its all worth it in the end. congratulations :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->