Jaiden Li Arrived 27/9/2008 .......on his due date!

Becki77

Mummy of 2 little men!
Reaction score
Where do i start?!!!!
I woke on the morning of my due date at 4am to a popping sensation then suddenly my waters broke-everywhere! (luckily i had a waterproof mattress on!)

Contractions were coming every 8-9 mins so i decided to hold out for as long as i could, hubby was getting very impatient so by 7am we left for the hospital, got attached to a fetal monitor and contractions were coming every 6-7 mins.

We decided it could be a long ride so went to get some breakfast in the canteen at 9am- little did i realise this would only be there for afew hrs before vomiting all over the fetal monitor and curtains!

By 11.30ish i couldnt cope with the pain anymore so tried the tens machine which i have to say was a waste of time, by 12.30-1pm ish asked for the gas and air which again didnt do anything for me! Hubby had 3 puffs on it and felt like he had been out on a night out but it had no effect on me atall.

I was moved to labour suite at 1.30 and demanded an epidural, was put in nice and quick but once again to follow my usual painrelief story didnt work for me! It made the right side numb but the left side was cold- so it was about to be resighted but i had the urge to push.

Pushing lasted for 1 1/2 hrs but he got stuck in the birth canel for 20 mins, so i had to have an episiotomy and still tore! ....lots of stitches!
Finally at 16.25 Jaiden was born, blue with the cord around his neck not breathing properly, they rushed him out the room and came back 10 mins later with im happy to say a reponsive baby!

He had a score of 6/10 when he was born but is nice and healthy now with the exception of a haematoma on the side of his head from getting stuck for so long.

Its all over now and im soo pleased to have my little man here and hes healthy! Hes just gorgeous! But ofcourse im going to say that!

Hes got a very proud mummy and daddy!
Sorry if this is abit of a strange story its so hard to remember all thats happened!

Forgot to add he weighed 8lb 4 oz.

Thanks for all your well wishes, :hug:
Becki xx

Attachments

• DSC00907.jpg
    DSC00907.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 132
  • Jaiden 005.jpg
    Jaiden 005.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 158
  • Jaiden 016.jpg
    Jaiden 016.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 171
Congrats-love the picture with your OH-he looks so chuffed! x

Awww welcome to the world little man.Congratulations Mummy and Daddy xx

Sorry about your lack of pain relief and lol at your OH trying the G&A! Congrats on your gorgeous little man!

he has a lot of lovely hair! congratulations i hope you will be very happy!:happydance:

Awww he is totally gorgeous congratulations :)

Well done you - he's gorgeous!!!

Congrats, what a good boy arriving on time xx

He is gorgeous and that is one proud daddy, congrats! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"