January 2012 IVF

Hello ladies! I know there are a couple of us on the DEC/JAN/FEB thread that are very close in our dates for IVF so thought it would be good to have a thread specific to January so we can obsess over everything together :)

However - hopefully Mrs. Bear joins because she is the champion of keeping track of this stuff on page 1. I am lazy that way.

KristyHart
IVF#2

Mrs. Bear
IVF #1 Short Protocol: Gonal-F, Ganirilex, PIO

31andTrying
IVF #1 Microflare Lupron Protocol: micro-Lupron(10iu), Follistim(400iu), Menopur(150 iu)

berki
IVF #1 - Feb/March

Springy
IVF #1 - Mar/Apr (long protocol: Suprefact, Gonal-F, Luveris)
Status: Decided to switch clinics, consult Feb 22 but may be moved up if there is a cancellation

Look at you all fancy putting everyone in order by their dates - trying to show me up huh???

OCD :dishes: lol

Ok - looking at the emoticons - when would this fit into a fertility conversation? :flasher:

Hi ladies...may I join? I'm down-regging now on bcp's for ivf/icsi #2. Just started the bcp's last night and found out I'll be doing antagonist protocol with Follistim, low-dose HCG, and Ganirelix. Baseline to ve done Jan 5th. Probably start stims on Jan 6th and ER likely around the 18th or 19th, so I'm right in there with you!! I'm so excited about this cycle compared to my first one. Well part of that is because until yesterday, I thought my nurse screwed up my schedule and that I wouldn't be able to cycle til march, but thank God, they changed my protocol so we could still move forward with the Jan cycle! :happydance:

I did Follistim 300iu every day of stims last time, and the cartridges are overfilled, so a couple of times I split the dose between cartridges. This time we're starting at 350iu and may increase...we'll see.

31andtrying...did your doc suggest that they would lower your Follistim dose after a few days?

I hope we all have a fantastic start to the new year with our cycles!!! :hugs:

Hi ladies...may I join? I'm down-regging now on bcp's for ivf/icsi #2. Just started the bcp's last night and found out I'll be doing antagonist protocol with Follistim, low-dose HCG, and Ganirelix. Baseline to ve done Jan 5th. Probably start stims on Jan 6th and ER likely around the 18th or 19th, so I'm right in there with you!! I'm so excited about this cycle compared to my first one. Well part of that is because until yesterday, I thought my nurse screwed up my schedule and that I wouldn't be able to cycle til march, but thank God, they changed my protocol so we could still move forward with the Jan cycle! :happydance:

I did Follistim 300iu every day of stims last time, and the cartridges are overfilled, so a couple of times I split the dose between cartridges. This time we're starting at 350iu and may increase...we'll see.

31andtrying...did your doc suggest that they would lower your Follistim dose after a few days?

Welcome! The doctor has me starting at 400IU of follistim per day. I think the doctor thinks I will stay at that level due to VERY low AMH results. The nurse thought maybe it would be reduced given I responded very well to femara during previous IUI attempts but who knows.

i'm hoping to do IVF #! Jan/Feb exact medication is unknown at this time!!

:hi: Wow - there are a LOT of us on here stimming around the same time! FX for a BnB BFP boom!:thumbup:

i'm hoping to do IVF #! Jan/Feb exact medication is unknown at this time!!
:wave:

Hi

can i ask how old you all are that are going for ivf?

i have so many questions to ask? just been told we might need to go down ivf route.

everyone having ivf on the nhs? x

Hi

i have so many questions to ask? just been told we might need to go down ivf route.

I am 33 and I have been TTC #1 since Nov 2009. I am not located in the UK so definitely not NHS funded. I am in Canada so IVF is all an out of pocket expense for me.

Thanks for the kind welcome girls!! :hugs: it'll be nice for me to have you all cycling at the same time, as my first time I was in a group with a lovely group of ladies but ended up being the last to cycle and was all by myself. This will be so cool to go through it together! :thumbup:

Welcome! The doctor has me starting at 400IU of follistim per day. I think the doctor thinks I will stay at that level due to VERY low AMH results. The nurse thought maybe it would be reduced given I responded very well to femara during previous IUI attempts but who knows.

Well it's true that injectibles are a totally different ballgame, so I hope you don't have to do the high Follistim...that stuff is OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive! My nurse was able to get all but one vial of my Follistim donated this time around! Such a relief b/c we don't have $3k for meds right now! I'm so thankful!! My amh has never been tested (that I'm aware of) b/c all my other levels come back "normal", but I'm not convinced. I had a low response last time, and I was on 300!!!

Hi

I'm 35... I live in Florida in the US, and our insurance doesn't cover ivf at all, so we're also totally out of pocket. Sucks. Soooooooo expensive to do this... But I'm so grateful we've been able to get this far! If this one fails, I don't know what we'll be able to do though. We'll be out of savings. :nope:

Hi

Hi there :winkwink:
I am 27 (until Feruary) haha!!!
Ask away thats why we are all here!
I like SPringy am from Canada and am all out of pocket other that other than my benefits through work covering (some) of the medications, very expensive but *hopefully* worthwhile expense!

Hi

I just turned 38. I am in the US so it is all self pay. I am lucky in that my employer self insures so I will get coverage for about half of cycle #1 but if we need anything after that we will have to come up with 100% of the costs.

I know lots of NHS ladies on BnB have had to be waitlisted so if you think you might have to go to IVF maybe get yourself on the waitlist now so you don't have to wait a year or two down the road :shrug:

Hi

I am 32 and am jumping on the IVF train. We have been TTC for 3 years, the last year was spent doing 5 IUI treatments, among other procedures. I am also in the US so our adventure is 100% out of pocket. I am very grateful that my husband and I have been savers for the last 8+ years of marriage or it wouldn't be possible. It is going to be worth it though :) IVF seemed like such a scary thing until it actually rolls around. I am still a bit scared but more excited than anything. LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD!!!

Two more acupuncture appointments scheduled! I downloaded some yoga music from Itunes that I'm hoping will put me in a sleepy state of mind.

I went to my two nieces christmas programs today. They were quite the little stars. It makes me long for this even more. I can't wait to be going to my child's Christmas program. Hopefully soon! Kind of blows my mind to look around a room of parents and think that they probably all conceived naturally and I have a refrigerator full of meds on the way... No feeling sorry for myself.

Two more acupuncture appointments scheduled! I downloaded some yoga music from Itunes that I'm hoping will put me in a sleepy state of mind.

I went to my two nieces christmas programs today. They were quite the little stars. It makes me long for this even more. I can't wait to be going to my child's Christmas program. Hopefully soon! Kind of blows my mind to look around a room of parents and think that they probably all conceived naturally and I have a refrigerator full of meds on the way... No feeling sorry for myself.

Remember the "poem" I sent you? I'll be a better Mother ... reread it. This will TOTALLY be worth it when you have that precious little one or ONES in your arms. And also remember

Patience is not the ability to wait, it is the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting ....

Clearly I'm having an optimistic day today ;):xmas8:

:hi: ladies
Mind if I join on this thread??

I stop BCP on the 31/1
Have baseline scan on 3/1
Not really sure what estimated date I'll be starting stimming as I have no idea how long after BCP af starts :shrug:
I will start stimming on CD2 tho :thumbup:
Also they haven't given me an estimated er or et date :(
Due to cancelled cycle this month I already have all my meds sitting in the cupboard getting very lonely!!
I will be on 187.5ml of merional for the first 2 days, then drop to 150ml of merional

It's getting closer and I'm chomping at the bit to get going!!

Hi

:hi: I'm 20, we've been trying for nearly 3 years (infact it's 3 years in February :wacko:)

We werent eligible for ivf on the nhs because DH already has children, thinking about it now I'm kinda glad because I would have had to wait untill I was 23 before they'd consider me for ivf on nhs :dohh:

If you have any questions I'd love to help :thumbup:

Hope your music helps you relax for acupuncture this time. Are you staying with the same one or driving to the fertility one?

I feel you about the nieces. My two youngest are twins that are almost 3 and they are just now starting to 'get' Santa. At their Santa pics the other day one stood at the exit for 15 minutes while we waited shouting in her toddler voice 'Hi Santa' 'It's ME Santa' 'Santa do you have presents?' over and over... :xmas13: It was SO cute :haha:

As far as the parents, they say at least 10% of couples have some infertility issues so next time remember that 10% of them are in the same boat as you :flower:

Patience is not the ability to wait, it is the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting ....

Clearly I'm having an optimistic day today ;):xmas8:
Yay for an optimistic day :xmas12:

:hi: ladies
Mind if I join on this thread??

I stop BCP on the 31/1
Have baseline scan on 3/1
Not really sure what estimated date I'll be starting stimming as I have no idea how long after BCP af starts :shrug:
I will start stimming on CD2 tho :thumbup:
Also they haven't given me an estimated er or et date :(
Due to cancelled cycle this month I already have all my meds sitting in the cupboard getting very lonely!!
I will be on 187.5ml of merional for the first 2 days, then drop to 150ml of merional

It's getting closer and I'm chomping at the bit to get going!!

Hi Princess :hi: I'm the same way, my meds are on top of DHs dresser at the foot of the bed and they are just STARING at me every night before going to bed and every morning when I get up :haha: Never thought we would all be all worked up and antsy about giving ourselves shots every day :xmas13:

If you stop BCP on the 31st I would suspect AF should show around the 4th or so and you would start stims the 6th or 7th.

I wonder if so many people are starting right after the first of the year because so many clinics close over the holidays :shrug:

That was my problem mrs bear, af didn't show in time for them closing for Xmas so they wanted to start me as soon as they opened on the 3rd, so thats when they've booked my baseline for :thumbup:
I think its nice tho, new year, new start and all that!
If af comes on the 4th I'll start stims on the 5th as there starting me on cd2,
Do you know what day there starting you because I thought cd2 was pretty unusual :shrug:

31 - I know what you mean about your neices too, my baby cousin (technically she's my 2nd cousin but all my cousins are really close, so their more like brothers and sister to me) is 9 months old and absolutely georgeous!
My other cousin is due in January, this ones gunna be quite hard for me because when I first had my initial consultation with the clinic she decided her and her bf were gunna try for a baby and if I hadn't have had all my set backs we'd be due around the same time (if it worked of course :blush:)
So many of my friends have announced pregnancies lately!
Im waffling on now sorry :blush:

It is hard seeing so many people around us with babies and children and hopefully them people will never have to go through the heartbreak we do, but when we do get our little miracles we'll appreciate them that little bit more!

Do you know what day there starting you because I thought cd2 was pretty unusual :shrug:

31 - I know what you mean about your neices too, my baby cousin (technically she's my 2nd cousin but all my cousins are really close, so their more like brothers and sister to me) is 9 months old and absolutely georgeous!
My other cousin is due in January, this ones gunna be quite hard for me because when I first had my initial consultation with the clinic she decided her and her bf were gunna try for a baby and if I hadn't have had all my set backs we'd be due around the same time (if it worked of course :blush:)
I think cd2 is pretty common for injectibles because they really want them to kick in before your body 'selects' an egg on its own. My RE doesn't really even wait for AF when I am coming off BCP, he has you start 5 days after the last pill regardless. That would be pretty much cd2 for most people I guess :shrug:

I feel you about your cousin - a good friend started trying around the same time I did and got lucky on cycle 2, the first cycle she used OPK, and she had her baby this past May. She is even mid 30s which is supposed to be harder but she is proof that it isn't for everybody. Oh well, our time will come :thumbup:

I hadn't given much thought to the clinics closing. It is pretty odd that we have so many ladies starting at the exact same time. That has to be it. I know the lab at our clinic is closed for two weeks so that is why we are starting just after the first. Getting excited!!! I was getting my haircut this morning and the girl that cuts it (went to high school with her) asked how things are going with the fertility adventures. I told her we are doing IVF in Jan and she asked what IVF is. It is wierd to think that folks don't know what it is but I guess if you weren't forced to be familiar w/it maybe we wouldn't be either.

One week until Christmas. Yikes! Time to wrap and bake. And eat and bake. :)

I think cd2 is pretty common for injectibles because they really want them to kick in before your body 'selects' an egg on its own. My RE doesn't really even wait for AF when I am coming off BCP, he has you start 5 days after the last pill regardless. That would be pretty much cd2 for most people I guess :shrug:

I feel you about your cousin - a good friend started trying around the same time I did and got lucky on cycle 2, the first cycle she used OPK, and she had her baby this past May. She is even mid 30s which is supposed to be harder but she is proof that it isn't for everybody. Oh well, our time will come :thumbup:

We really aren't waiting for AF either. The nurse said I may get a day of spotting or so but either way it wouldn't change the schedule. I have to go in on 12/30 for our injection training and the mock transfer. I may just ask if that can be the ultrasound that gets us started vs having to go back on 1/3. Would save us a trip to the Dr and would allow us to start earlier. Then the appt on 1/3 could be bloodwork and start the injections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->