January 2012 IVF

Hi ladies

I will be starting round 2 in Jan. I take my last BCP on 1st Jan, est stimming from 5th Jan and est EC 20th Jan

Lets hope we all get our BFP's xxxxxxxxx

Welcome Kristy! You are right on schedule with a few of us. I start stims on 1/7 with estimated ER on 1/19. :) Getting close.

Did they change your protocol for this round? What protocol did you use the last time? I have low ovarian reserve also so I am using the microflare protocol.

Same short protocol. The only thing different is the BCP before hand and upping the dosage of gonal f for few days. I took have poor reserve. Only produced 5 last time, only 2 took and only 1 made it. I am hoping for a better outcome this time.

I have lost a stone and half, changed my diet and been having acupuncture so fingers crossed xxx

What is the microflare protocol?

For those of you with little ones in your life (nieces/nephews count) the messages from this website are unbelievable. We did these for our nieces last year (ages 3 and 4) and they were awestruck. They couldn't believe how much Santa "knew" about them. :)

https://www.portablenorthpole.tv/home

Acupuncture - I am going to just stick with the same guy that does it at the hospital where our clinic is. There is a local girl but I'm not going to chance it. I figured I would just stay there because by the time I made a decision otherwise, it would be January and we would have already started the meds.

Microflare - I'm not sure exactly what the difference is. I know that on mine I don't do lupron ahead of the stims other than one day. I start micro-lupron on the 6th and stims on the 7th and I think the lupron is diluted. I think it is supposed to take advantage of your natural hormone surges and just submerge them in additional hormones. (that's my non-medical interpretation anyway) :)

I hadn't given much thought to the clinics closing. It is pretty odd that we have so many ladies starting at the exact same time. That has to be it. I know the lab at our clinic is closed for two weeks so that is why we are starting just after the first. Getting excited!!! I was getting my haircut this morning and the girl that cuts it (went to high school with her) asked how things are going with the fertility adventures. I told her we are doing IVF in Jan and she asked what IVF is. It is wierd to think that folks don't know what it is but I guess if you weren't forced to be familiar w/it maybe we wouldn't be either.

One week until Christmas. Yikes! Time to wrap and bake. And eat and bake. :)

I struggle when trying to talk to friends about IVF as they have no I dea what I am talking about and I can't be bothered to "educate" them!!!! So much easier to talk to you ladies who just get it :)

Everyone getting all geared up for Christmas? I need to finish my shopping this week!!!!!

I'm about finished shopping, now just wrapping and trying to bring some order to the house before DH gets home :dohh:

I am working on putting all of my mom's 2+ years worth of videos and pictures into DVDs as her gift. Yikes. She takes soooo many pictures. :) Tonight I have to pack to for a work trip to OH.

How is everyone doing? I can't believe christmas is next weekend!

I don't talk to my friends about ivf, it's something id rather keep to myself as at my age alot of people dont understand us even wanting a baby let alone having to go through ivf to do so, my family know and my aunties been through it before so most of them already know how it works :thumbup:

I'm nearly done for Xmas just gotta finish getting a few presents this week, I have no idea what to get my mom tho!

Hi ladies,

Can I join you? I'm due to start early Jan... taking Provera this Friday for 10 days, and starting stims 3rd/4th January.

I just can't wait to get started now, I hate this limbo phase. But I also know how quickly the time goes whilst stimming.

I'm on short antaganist protocol; 75 follistim, 75 menopur and ganirelix.

This will be my 3rd cycle, first one being BFN and 2nd one BFP but we lost our precious little girl at 23wks earlier this year.

I'm doing yoga about 4 times a week, drinking raspberry leaf tea, metformin, Vit D, Vit B, prenatals, and upped my protein intake. I hope it all works!

Hoping to get to know you all over the coming weeks!

:hi: vesper
Sorry to hear about your loss :hugs:
Just out of interest where are you from? Are you nhs private etc?

Seems like a few of us will be stimming at the same time :thumbup:

Hey Princess,

I'm actually living NYC, but originally from UK. I did my previous 2 cycles in London - at Guys (NHS) and the Lister Clinic (Private). I highly recommend Lister if you can afford to go private. Where are you doing your cycle?

I'm at CRM London, but I'm from the midlands and were doing egg sharing hence the travelling :thumbup:

Welcome Vesper :hi:

So sorry to hear about your loss :hugs:

Sounds like most of us will be stimming together on this thread :xmas1: FX it is the sign of a lucky thread and we will be drowning in BFPs come February :xmas12:

I have a really good feeling about this thread!!! So many of you all around the same time. Can't wait to follow you ladies and be right behind you.:hugs:

Still hoping for a cancellation for you Springy so you don't have to wait so long. You've waited long enough :thumbup:

Hi ladies,
please count me in. We're starting IVF when january AF arrives around the 20th. We're unexplained and I'm so sick and tired of doctors telling that there's nothing wrong with us. It's been 2 years and I'm really hopeful about IVF, I hope all of us will have our BFPs this time :flower:

Still hoping for a cancellation for you Springy so you don't have to wait so long. You've waited long enough :thumbup:

Thanks Mrs. Bear I'm still holding out for one too but am trying to wrap my head around an April / May IVF cycle as realistically I won't be able to get started in March with a consult only being the last week of February! Keep those fingers and toes crossed for me!!!

Hi ladies,
please count me in. We're starting IVF when january AF arrives around the 20th. We're unexplained and I'm so sick and tired of doctors telling that there's nothing wrong with us. It's been 2 years and I'm really hopeful about IVF, I hope all of us will have our BFPs this time :flower:

Hi monalisa - our situations sound VERY similar. It has been just over 2 years for my husband and I and we too are unexplained. Everyone says to me "but this should be good news, there is nothing wrong with either if you!" to which I respond "yes but if I KNEW what the problem was maybe we could FIX it!!!"

Hi Springy!
Sounds like we're in the same boat. That's how I exactly feel, having unexplained infertility is worse than most of the fertility issues, there is no solution to it because they don't know why it's not happening. People keep saying "you have no issues, it will happen if you don't stress about it" and I feel like screaming at them.

Hi Springy!
Sounds like we're in the same boat. That's how I exactly feel, having unexplained infertility is worse than most of the fertility issues, there is no solution to it because they don't know why it's not happening. People keep saying "you have no issues, it will happen if you don't stress about it" and I feel like screaming at them.

If I hear "just relax and it will happen" or "its because your obsessing over it" one more time I am going to punch someone, and I am NOT a violent person!!!!

Well just think of it this way, 2012 is only 11 days away and 2012 WILL be our YEAR!!!!!

oh yes just relax.. thats how it works... go to H%^% haha...

Carolyn... I think youll get a cancellation in jan then we will get to do this together as everyone else is ahead of me too!! But glad I will have lots of peoples experiences to go on!!! So excited for everyone and to start seeing all the BFPS reeling in

Yes, gotta love how it will all just 'magically' happen if we just relax... that or we are just trying too hard and once we stop trying then presto! :dohh: It is amazing just how clueless people are some times...

Hi all - I see a couple of familiar names in this thread.

It looks like I am going to be a January person too - looking to start my stim around the 10th...

I'm a newby and I have no idea what the different protocols mean. I am going to start bcp on day 3 after labs and an ultrasound for antral follicle count. Plan is to start stim two weeks later...haven't read anyone else's that follows the same way. I asked three times if that was the plan and the RE and nurse both said yes - plan for retrieval at the end of January. I think my protocol is going to include a lot of meds for stimulating seeing as my last antral count was six and my fsh is high, estrogen and AMH low (estrogen is actually really low :shrug:). She is actually hoping for a really good stim because she thinks if I don't save some frosties this might be it- because of such low reserve...My ovaries think I am over 42, and I am turning 31 today!!

Well, atleast I have a plan!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->