January 2012 IVF

:hi: monalisa and babydrms (happy birthday baby drms :cake:)

So many people cycling in Jan! Let's hope for lots of bfps!

Hi all - I see a couple of familiar names in this thread.

It looks like I am going to be a January person too - looking to start my stim around the 10th...

I'm a newby and I have no idea what the different protocols mean. I am going to start bcp on day 3 after labs and an ultrasound for antral follicle count. Plan is to start stim two weeks later...haven't read anyone else's that follows the same way. I asked three times if that was the plan and the RE and nurse both said yes - plan for retrieval at the end of January. I think my protocol is going to include a lot of meds for stimulating seeing as my last antral count was six and my fsh is high, estrogen and AMH low (estrogen is actually really low :shrug:). She is actually hoping for a really good stim because she thinks if I don't save some frosties this might be it- because of such low reserve...My ovaries think I am over 42, and I am turning 31 today!!

Well, atleast I have a plan!!

Welcome :xmas6:

The one thing I have learned is just to trust the doctors .... they are the ones who know what to do so I'm not going to stress about the protocol, the meds, etc. Just let them do their job!

Happy Birthday :) I'm a December baby too!

It looks like I am going to be a January person too - looking to start my stim around the 10th...

I'm a newby and I have no idea what the different protocols mean. I am going to start bcp on day 3 after labs and an ultrasound for antral follicle count. Plan is to start stim two weeks later...haven't read anyone else's that follows the same way. I asked three times if that was the plan and the RE and nurse both said yes - plan for retrieval at the end of January. I think my protocol is going to include a lot of meds for stimulating seeing as my last antral count was six and my fsh is high, estrogen and AMH low (estrogen is actually really low :shrug:). She is actually hoping for a really good stim because she thinks if I don't save some frosties this might be it- because of such low reserve...My ovaries think I am over 42, and I am turning 31 today!!

Welcome and Happy Birthday! :cake:

Sound like short protocol, probably because of the low AMH. Several of us are on BCP then straight to stims so you are not alone :thumbup:. I don't know what age my ovaries think they are - they do their best to torture me though so maybe they are moody recalcitrant teenagers :haha:

Hey there! Welcome new ladies! I have been traveling for work so I haven't had a chance to update the first page. No worries..I will go back and add everyone today :) Getting close to January!!!!!

Sara being a downer: Stupid airport was full of people with their babies traveling for xmas. Also got an email from someone I used to work with that they are pregnant with their 4th. Must be nice. Ugh.

:happydance: only 10 days till January and 9 days till I come off BCP :wohoo:
Not long now ladies!!

Hi ladies,

Can I join you? I'm due to start early Jan... taking Provera this Friday for 10 days, and starting stims 3rd/4th January.

I just can't wait to get started now, I hate this limbo phase. But I also know how quickly the time goes whilst stimming.

I'm on short antaganist protocol; 75 follistim, 75 menopur and ganirelix.

This will be my 3rd cycle, first one being BFN and 2nd one BFP but we lost our precious little girl at 23wks earlier this year.

I'm doing yoga about 4 times a week, drinking raspberry leaf tea, metformin, Vit D, Vit B, prenatals, and upped my protein intake. I hope it all works!

Hoping to get to know you all over the coming weeks!

Welcome! Sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what that must have been like for you. This will be it for you. January is going to be a lucky month for this group. :)

Your ovaries must have been talking to my ovaries! :) I am 32 and have the same problem. High FSH and low AMH. My mom went through menopause in her late 30s though so maybe to be expected; although my sisters both had children in late 20s early 30s so who knows. I am on the microflare protocol which goes right from BCP to stims. Try not to stress over which protocol you are on. The best thing you can do is to trust your doctor and let them take care of getting you pregnant. (As long as you are with a doctor you are comfortable with) We are in the same boat with the frosties but our Doctor said he is hoping to get 6 eggs so we may not have any. I vow to take this process one day at a time and to trust my doctor.

Hi ladies,
please count me in. We're starting IVF when january AF arrives around the 20th. We're unexplained and I'm so sick and tired of doctors telling that there's nothing wrong with us. It's been 2 years and I'm really hopeful about IVF, I hope all of us will have our BFPs this time :flower:

Welcome!
Yeah - I don't know if unexplained is better or if knowing you have an issue is worse. Either way we are all in this together and January is goign to be our month!! :)

Hi ladies,
please count me in. We're starting IVF when january AF arrives around the 20th. We're unexplained and I'm so sick and tired of doctors telling that there's nothing wrong with us. It's been 2 years and I'm really hopeful about IVF, I hope all of us will have our BFPs this time :flower:

Welcome!
Yeah - I don't know if unexplained is better or if knowing you have an issue is worse. Either way we are all in this together and January is goign to be our month!! :)

I hope and pray so hun :hugs:

You ladies all must do me a HUGE favor!!! You have to continue to follow me through March / April when I finally get around to getting IVF!!! I feel like I'm wasting so much time now just in "limbo"

Can't wait for the new year to start and to see all your stimming and BFPs!

Springy - NO NO NO. You are not wasting time. And yes you have some loyal followers on B&B that will not leave you hanging.

Think of all the knowlege you will have from our experiences. We are kind of going in blind. You get to learn from our success and mistakes. And by mistakes I don't mean BFN because there will be NONE of those - I mean people doing injections in the wrong place, crying fits, etc. You know, the usual hormonal fun :)

Thanks 31andtrying. I have good and bad days, but feel like the black cloud is slowly moving away... starting a new cycle will definitely take my mind off it a little.

I start provera tomorrow, and also off for some winter sun which I cannot wait for. Just the thing I need before I get on the crazy train! :wacko:

Hope you all have a lovely xmas!

V

You ladies all must do me a HUGE favor!!! You have to continue to follow me through March / April when I finally get around to getting IVF!!! I feel like I'm wasting so much time now just in "limbo"

You know we will be there you :)

Yay for 2012!! Love the sounds of it!

Of course we will be here for you and then we can all swap preggo stories in the coming year!!!

Thank you all for the encouragement - I do really like the new doctor we decided to go with and TRUST her...So now I am going to try and pass the time with a lot of Birthday and Holiday festivities - Hopefully our last Christmas with just fur babies!!

While shopping for stocking stuffers for my husband...I found this. I bought it so I can put my positive pregnancy test in it for him in February. Positive Thoughts. :)

Attachments

• DSC04898.jpg
    DSC04898.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 7

No hun don't feel like you're wasting time. In september doctor told us to wait until new year for IVF and I was so crushed at first, thought that 4 months would never pass. Now I'm only 4 weeks away from starting IVF and you know what, this past few months were really good for me. I picked myself up and relaxed a bit, done everything I should before I get pregnant, some restoration at home, decreased my caffein intake, switched to a more healthy diet,etc. I left behind those IUIs which ended up with BFNs. Just make yourself a to-do-list and prepare yourself for your IVF journey. (by the way, who knows maybe you'll get a surprise BFP while waiting)

Wishing you all the Merriest of Christmases and hoping they are as wonderful as mine now that DH is finally HOME!!!!

https://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Smileys%20Holidays/Patriotic/cheerleader_6.gifhttps://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Smileys%20Holidays/Patriotic/cheerleader_6.gif

Yeah for hubby being home!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) Can't ask for a better present than that!

Hi ladies, I think I see a few familiar ppl from previous posts. After a rough year of iui, laps, miscarriage etc. finally I will be going forward with IVF January 2012. Luporon shot Jan 3...starting stims Jan 20...I CANT WAIT, not excited about paying $10,000+ tho

Hi everyone! I am really hoping to do a FET in january as well. It was supposed to be in December actually but my cycle was cancelled by the clinic :cry: We are doing IVF for MFI and my FET cycle was supposed to be a natural non medicated cycle. Long story short i got really sick about a week before the transfer with something called hand foot and mouth disease! I'd never heard of it but it was supposed to be a mild illness that children usually get - not for me it was awful! So anyway now i am waiting for AF so that i can get the next cycle going. But my anxiety continues because the clinic is closed over xmas so the earliest i can get AF is the 28th dec or i will miss another month and will be delayed until FEB! ARRRGGGHHH. AF is actually due today (xmas day) but so far it hasnt arrived, just gotta be late for a couple more days - please please please stay away AF (not preg did do a sneaky test in the small hope of a natural bfp as that really would have been a nice xmas present) . Oh IVF , just spend every day waiting for things its such an emotional rollercoaster , cant believe i am doing this again :wacko:

:hi: girls just popping into say merry Christmas and I hope you've all had a lovely day :xmas6:

Welcome gracey and hoping :hi:

Mrs bear glad DH was back for Xmas! :yipee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"