January 2012 IVF

Arimas - :hugs:, don't worry - everyone is still going to be around for you in April too!!

Hi Ladies,

I just got the call and the result is :bfn:

I was bleeding more since last night so I knew the call wouldnt have good news. I am glad the RE called and not the nurse, the RE did explain to me since we are using sperm from tissue (extracted from TESE done last October) that the growth of embryos has a less chance but does happen. I will take a month off to relax and save up for round 2. We will try again I hope around April.

Thank you to everyone in this thread for all of your support, I would have gone crazy if I wasnt able to vent/discuss and share my experience with everyone. :hugs: I will still read this thread to see how everyone else is doing. I hope everyone gets their :bfp:

:dust::dust:

Arimas I am SO sorry about the BFN. I cannot even begin to imagine what you are feeling right now. Do you have a follow up booked?

Take the time you need to deal with the grief of the failure and know that ALL of your feelings are normal and the ONLY thing that will help with this is time. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I will still be around in April as my retrieval and transfer most likely will not be until then anyway.

:hug::hug::hug:

Arimas, sorry to hear your news. Keeping you in my prayers.

Arimas, I am so sorry. I know it doesn't help much, but imagine a big hug right now. (((HUGS))) I wish IVF worked for everybody. It is so emotional, painful, and costly, it would be nice if it paid off for all.

Arimas - I feel you huni. It is a real heartache when the BFN comes in.

I am suffering from one hell of a heavy af following the failed IVF. I have booked my follow up for 1st March.

One minute I am ok, and the next I am in tears. Just don't understand a 2nd failure when everything was so perfect. Wish I had just 1 frostie :cry:

Congrats to all you ladies with a BFP. Its great news and gives us failed attempters hope that it does work.

I am going from here for a while as this round has affected me so much. I will probably pop on to see you all from time to time though

Take care ladies

Xxxx

Arimas - :hugs:, don't worry - everyone is still going to be around for you in April too!!

Thanks babydrms :hugs: Good luck tomorrow on your transfer :thumbup: Are you planning to take a few days off to rest? I wish I could give you some successful advice but I can't. I hope that have a good 2WW and can move forward from this point. Take care and keep us posted :flower:

Hi Ladies,

I just got the call and the result is :bfn:

I was bleeding more since last night so I knew the call wouldnt have good news. I am glad the RE called and not the nurse, the RE did explain to me since we are using sperm from tissue (extracted from TESE done last October) that the growth of embryos has a less chance but does happen. I will take a month off to relax and save up for round 2. We will try again I hope around April.

Thank you to everyone in this thread for all of your support, I would have gone crazy if I wasnt able to vent/discuss and share my experience with everyone. :hugs: I will still read this thread to see how everyone else is doing. I hope everyone gets their :bfp:

Arimas I am SO sorry about the BFN. I cannot even begin to imagine what you are feeling right now. Do you have a follow up booked?

Take the time you need to deal with the grief of the failure and know that ALL of your feelings are normal and the ONLY thing that will help with this is time. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I will still be around in April as my retrieval and transfer most likely will not be until then anyway.

:hug::hug::hug:

Thank you Springy :hugs: I think my next attempt will be around April, so i look forward to having you in the same thread again :flower: Are you on the BCP yet? I will start it when i start AF in March for an April ER & ET. I will go for my follow up around March so that I can tell them what I want to do differently and what they have planned. Take care

Arimas, sorry to hear your news. Keeping you in my prayers.

Thank you Hoping1986 :hugs: How are you doing? How is the 2WW going? Make sure u are resting and eating healthy, try to keep your feet up as much as possible. Take care and keep us posted :flower:

Arimas, I am so sorry. I know it doesn't help much, but imagine a big hug right now. (((HUGS))) I wish IVF worked for everybody. It is so emotional, painful, and costly, it would be nice if it paid off for all.

Thanks Care76 :hugs: IVF should work for everyone the first time. I think the RE sometimes does trial and error without thinking what is the best protocol for each patient. If that were the case it should be less expensive. REs should charge half the price because they just "wanna see" whats gonna happen the first time and then go from there. I hope as time goes on we have this process covered by all insurance companies and get more reliable REs in this profession.

Take care and thanks for listening to the rant of the day :flower:

Thank you Springy :hugs: I think my next attempt will be around April, so i look forward to having you in the same thread again :flower: Are you on the BCP yet? I will start it when i start AF in March for an April ER & ET. I will go for my follow up around March so that I can tell them what I want to do differently and what they have planned. Take care

Nope I go on the 23rd of Feb and expect to be given a script for BCP that day to start between CD 3 and 5. The paperwork from yesterday said you can be on the BCP anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks and it is used for "scheduling" purposes so that the lab and staff are not overloaded with too many retrievals at the same time. I'll definitely know a lot more after the appointment on the 23rd - Officially 2 weeks from today!!!

Arimas - I feel you huni. It is a real heartache when the BFN comes in.

I am suffering from one hell of a heavy af following the failed IVF. I have booked my follow up for 1st March.

One minute I am ok, and the next I am in tears. Just don't understand a 2nd failure when everything was so perfect. Wish I had just 1 frostie :cry:

Congrats to all you ladies with a BFP. Its great news and gives us failed attempters hope that it does work.

I am going from here for a while as this round has affected me so much. I will probably pop on to see you all from time to time though

Take care ladies

Xxxx

I am so sorry about your BFN as well, its very heart breaking. I cried on my way home from work yesterday. I just felt I wasn't special and I also do not have any frosties as my back up. Its gonna be from step 1 all over again. After a long talk with DH last night we decided we will keep trying until we have no hope left in us. It just has to happen, at least have one child. Is that so much for us to ask? I sometimes can't stand the thought that other people have it so easy and we have it so difficult. Why me? comes to my mind but there has to be some good and bad in everyones life. I just hope that everyone who wants a baby gets a baby. Take care and I hope we are in the same thread again next time :flower:

Arimas, so sorry to hear your news, sending you (((((hugs))))))

xxxx

Arimas and Kristy- I am so sorry. I can't imagine what you are feeling. Take time to let yourselves feel whatever you need to. This isn't fair. Ivf is hell and anyone that goes through it deserves to have it work. Sending you both huge hugs.

I'm in for my beta at 8.00am tomorrow, I've been told that if I hang around for 30 minutes I can have the results there and then.

I feel very scared.

I'm in for my beta at 8.00am tomorrow, I've been told that if I hang around for 30 minutes I can have the results there and then.

I feel very scared.

Thats so exciting!! It will be good to get the results then so that you dont go crazy :wacko:

Good luck and hope you get :bfp:

Arimas, don't give up hope. I had a failed first IVF and no frosties but it's worked the second time. Hang in there :hugs: Kristy, you as well :hugs:

Thank you Traskey :hugs: I sure hope the second time works for us. Did you stay with clinic that did the first one? What changes did you do? I am gonna read your journal :coffee:

Thank you Traskey :hugs: I sure hope the second time works for us. Did you stay with clinic that did the first one? What changes did you do? I am gonna read your journal :coffee:

Did you check out area clinics on the SART website - you can see what the success rates for each and every one is...Might help with your decision to stay with the clinic or change...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->