January 2018 babies - 43 BFPs!

Koj, we're team yellow too. If it was up to dh we'd find out, but I really want to have the experience of a surprise as we found out last time, so I don't think he can really argue too much. Ours is next Friday and I'm sure there'll be a little bit of me tempted to hear what it is but I'm going to do my best to stay team yellow!

That's crazy how early you can need to put your name down for childcare. Ours is already sorted too though, as ds goes to a childminder and she's agreed to take on this baby too which is great as we all love her, and it made it so much easier last time leaving him with someone I really trusted.

London - I think he'll come around to it by Wednesday. haha. Glad your work took it well! Sounds like they definitely don't want to lose you :) hopefully mine goes as well as yours!

Dasies - I didn't realize team yellow was so common!! I am so conflicted. One reason DH doesn't want to find out the gender is because he's worried we're gonna be bombarded with gendered clothes from relatives at the shower.. (they are known to go a bit overboard). So I suggested we find out but keep it a secret from others. I just don't think I have the patience to not know for another 5 months..!!

Found out today we are having a .......

Boy!!!

Ahhh i am so happy!

Found out today we are having a .......

Boy!!!

Ahhh i am so happy!

Congrats Jessy, we also had our gender scan this morning and are team blue too :blue:. That's one of each for us now and I'm so happy!! :happydance::happydance:

Congrats ladies!!! 💙💙💙
Lots of boys!
Am I the only team pink so far?! 💟

Yah one of each for us too. Surprised but not surprised at the same time.

We picked up a few wee outfits today too. First purchases! So exciting.

Jessy congrats! Don't remember if I posted in here but we found out last week we are having a boy also. Been shopping for a couple of bits today.

Attachments

• C1DB382B-252B-426E-B1E1-2A9100CDF29A.jpg
    C1DB382B-252B-426E-B1E1-2A9100CDF29A.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 2
  • E96E76BC-3722-4005-9ACB-93D577B4A72C.jpg
    E96E76BC-3722-4005-9ACB-93D577B4A72C.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 1
  • AF64D852-3F9C-450D-B1CE-6213436C65CB.jpg
    AF64D852-3F9C-450D-B1CE-6213436C65CB.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 1
Koj, we were team yellow with our daughter and it was a great moment when the midwife held her up and we saw she was a girl. One of my friends actually did what you suggested too and found out but told everyone she hadn't. So it was a surprise for all of us but she and her hubby knew.

Wow we definitely have way more boys than girls so far I think! We are all so close to half way or already there :) . I feel like the last few weeks have flown in where as first trimester dragged.

Private Scan yesterday and the little monkey was a joy to watch!

Husband is convinced he saw between the legs and it's a girl but I never saw a clear shot it stayed to the right side of it's body the whole time.

Really loving it being a surprise so far!

Aww I'm glad your private scan went well. What has been your experiences ladies with the private scans and the surroundings ect? I'm really excited for ours now as a friend of mine was talking to me yesterday and told me compared to NHS scans, the private was wonderful. Lovely atmosphere, good equipment and family welcoming! 2 weeks today eek!

Aww I'm glad your private scan went well. What has been your experiences ladies with the private scans and the surroundings ect? I'm really excited for ours now as a friend of mine was talking to me yesterday and told me compared to NHS scans, the private was wonderful. Lovely atmosphere, good equipment and family welcoming! 2 weeks today eek!

I have to be fair ours was fantastic and so relaxing. We only really booked it as children are only allowed in for 5 mins at the end of the NHS ones and we wanted our DD to feel as involved as possible as we are already getting the dreaded 'will you still love me when the baby comes' kind of questions. Totally breaks my heart that our DD would think that so we are trying to involve her as much as possible and told her that scan was just for her...will have to work on that between now and the birth even more to make sure she knows that we will love her and the new baby. Anyway, back to the scan! The room was decorated really nicely and DD had a prime viewing spot. We'd already explained to the lady that the scan was to involve our DD so she was pointing things out to her and really involving her. She also gave her her very own pic of the baby which I thought was a lovely touch! Whereas I find the NHS ones to be very regimental and they hardly tell you what you're looking at!!

I'm over the moon that we are having a little boy as that's one of each and is just what I wanted...will be weird changing a boys bum though! Can't wait to start shopping now lol but I'm getting DD's stuff out of the attic today and finding any gender neutral clothes that I can re-use first. Have also got my 1st appointment on Tuesday with the Consultant and am hoping I'll find out 2 things: a - what happened at DD's birth as we never had a de-brief after being rushed to theatre and how they managed to tear my uterus so badly I needed a 2 hour emergency operation to repair it! and b - if I need to have an elective section this time or not due to previous complications (my midwife thinks I will).

Am also attaching 2 pics from the scan - 1 with the boy bits to confirm!!!

Attachments

• baby pic.jpg
    baby pic.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 3
  • its a boy!!.jpg
    its a boy!!.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 3
Private scans have been nice. I've been to 3 different places and they've all been similar. Waiting room is usually lovely and nicely decorated. It's very calm and the sonographer can take their time. To be fair though I've had good experiences in NHS scans so far too.

Aww it sounds like you all had such a nice experience. I gotta say, my NHS scans so far have been lovely with wonderful staff. With my son, I was in Sunderland and the staff were abrasive and rude on every visit.

Tough day today, with an even worse one yesterday, my partner's nan passed away. She would have been 75 in a few days time. We thought she was the picture of health but seems she kept a lot to herself - as that generation tend to do and it killed her.

This scan can't come quick enough, there's been a lot of bad news in my family in the last two months and this baby is what a lot of people are focusing on as a positive so they are all coming to the gender scan.

I hope your all having a better few days :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->