January 2018 babies - 43 BFPs!

we are having a boy!!!

:blue:

his heart rate was 144 today so I guess that's consistent with old wives tales, but the chinese gender calendar told me girl so they were wrong!

Looking forward to all the gender scans coming up for you all!!

Exciting Koj!! Congrats on the news of bubs being a boy 💙

The Chinese predictor got it wrong for us... Said boy. We are having girl and her heart beat was 140bpm.

It's so exciting knowing what everyone is having but also nice we have some team yellow so have to wait till Jan for news on those babies.

20week scan is a week tomorrow... I agree Sarah, seems to be dragging the past couple of weeks!

Ahhh another little boy, lovely! Congratulations :) the boys really are outnumbering the girls!

Are we all set with names ladies or no idea yet?

We are struggling with names but we knew we would with a boy. Top 3 that we can agree on are

1. Arthur
2. Finlay
3. Rory

Thats in order of my favourites. I love Rufus and Jude but my Oh says no and he likes Alistair but i said no.

I love all those names Jessy.
esp the last two. They would be high on my list if we were having a boy. I know alot of Arthur's born in the past year, it's a nice name too.

We are struggling to agree on anything really! I think we agreed more on boys names. But alas we are having a girl so need to think pink!
I like unisex names for girls but husband not so much.

He is more decisive than me and has a list of names he loves;

Matilda (his number one choice)
Poppy (I'm not sold as doesn't go with our last name)
Heidi
Hollie

Anyone got any suggestions?! The middle name will probably be Jane - after his mother.

Oh really London i definity dont want a popular name so maybe Arthur is out.

Out of those names i love Heidi and Matilda what names have you been thinking? If we were having a girl she would habe likely been Audrey if that helps at all. Either that or Penelope (penny day to day)

I'm totally with you on that Jessy, I have vetoed anything in the top 20!!

So Arthur seems quite popular in london at the moment. My work colleague just had an Arthur (Artie) and he is such a cutie, love when he visits the office!

Funny you mention those names, I love Audrey! I have a friend who I call Audrey (it's her middle name) but my husband says it's too old fashioned! Honestly we have an excuse for any name haha. And Penelope is the middle name of my niece.

Matilda and Heidi I like. Both go with Jane and our last name.
I also like Georgia and Luella and anything unisex for a girl.

I would prob hands down go with Matilda just so it's easier but I'm not sold on Tilly as a nickname as I know too many dogs called Tilly (maybe I should just not think that way....?) I'm from New Zealand and over home/Aussie way if you have a Matilda she would be nicknamed Maddie. I've tried that on a few people here and they don't get it so not sure that would work either.

Why are names so difficult?! :shrug:

Georgia is lovely! Never heard of Luella but its super cute. I love Art/Artie i will checl what its popularity is like in Sunny Scotland just now haha. Finlay is relatively popular in scotland i guess aswell. My OH loves Harry and although i do like it i know so many Harrys and i just dont want him known as Harry N in School.

I know what you mean about Tilly but the whole pet thing annoys me because most people now adays call their pets human names. I know a cat with the same name as my daughter haha. I have learned to be ok with it :haha:

Yes you're right... A lot of pets now have human names, gone are the days of Smokey and patch!
Our cat is Wilson. She's actually a girl but my husband named her after his favourite NFL player Russell Wilson. Regardless if she was a boy or girl she was going to be Wilson. She actually quite suits it though!

I love Finley, Jessie. It was definitely on my boys list but my partner doesn't like it so it's a nope :( I'm not a lover of Arthur but that's mostly because it is very very popular down here and I hear it a lot.

Out of the choices you have, London, I really like Heidi and Luella! My cousin's girl is Heidi and it's such a pretty name and Luella is unusual but also very pretty, and goes with Jane!

Our names have pretty much boiled down to girl, Harley Ann and boy Christopher Paul.

Both my mother in law and my mum who's passed had Ann as a middle name so that's a no brainer and my partner's dad is Christopher and my dad who's also passed is Paul :)

Unless baby comes out looking nothing like either of those names, were pretty set I think :)

Sarah sounds like you're sorted! Lovely names and it's nice having something in there that means something isn't it.

My husband really wants his mums Name Jane as the middle name and I'm fine with that. My mother also passed away but her name doesn't really work as a middle name or with our last name, her middle name was Joan which my neice has as a middle name and while it's similar to Jane I don't like it as much... So Looks like Jane it will be!

Now for her first name.... I think we will settle on 3 (most likely Matilda, Heidi and Luella - if I get my way! Although he doesn't like it) and then decide when she arrives.

Weather is crappy here today, was stormy last night

I think Jane is easier to work into a name than Joan tbh your choices are lovely though :) its nice to have a few options I think. I just get set on one name and that's it then haha! My son is Logan Max which has no meaning whatsoever, we just liked it and getting his dad to agree a name was absolutely torture so we went with it! 😂 so it's a nice change for this baby to have a name with a bit of meaning!

The weather here is sunny now but there's some beasty black clouds remaining from the rain storm we had last night!

Yep I agree re: Jane.
And my husband cares more about having a family name than I do so I'll
Let him have it 😊

So atleast she has a middle name sorted!

Just watching about Barcelona. Absolutely terrible. One of my fav Cities, think I've been there about 10x including in June when my sister visited from NZ with my niece and nephew.
Heartbreaking

So far only half agreed on Lincoln for a boy. I like Evie or a variation of for a girl.

We are team yellow so will have plenty of time to play this game haha.

We downloaded an app which is essentially baby name tinder lol! So myself and DH both have it and it'll sync a list of names you've agreed on :)

The app is called Baby Names (yellow with white egg) if anyone fancies a swipe name choice game!

Married we have that app!
Last night I got a message telling me I'd swiped through all the names, damn it!

My niece is Evie and my husbands best friend has an Evie too. I also love that name! It's very cute.
Like Lincoln as well :)

I have totally gone off Arthur now with how popular it seems to have gotten! Thanks married i have downloaded that app!

I was pretty sure i was feeling movement a week or two ago and now i hardly feel anything. Its very weird. Cant wait to feel him properly!

Do you like Edie? Its very similar to Evie if you were thinking of an alternative.

Jessy I felt what I thought was a quick succession of little kicks on Sat but nothing since.
I've literally been sitting here talking to my belly like a mad woman!! Want another kick! I'm sure she will when she's ready....

I feel movement a lot lately. Esp when I'm on the couch at night

a switch flipped couple days ago and I went from "is this gas?" to "oh that's definitely the baby"!!

I've not been on here in a while, hope you're all doing well!

Some lovely name ideas ladies. We're staying yellow and it seems to be making it trickier for us to come up with names, but so far for girls it's looking like either Matilda or Madeleine and for a boy probably Max, but Jack is also a contender. It's so hard picking names though. If only I could just ignore dh and his ideas, it would be way easier then!

I'm going to have a look at that app married, thanks!

And I'm feeling bubs quite a bit now. I first felt something really early - 13 weeks and 5 days, but now tend to feel something pretty regularly, and can feel babe getting into a different position and my tummy getting harder in the area where they're getting comfy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->