January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Ali - wow, congratulations on the BFP! So excited for you! Did you tell your DH yet? Are you going to the dr soon? How far along do you figure you are? Have you tested again?

Apple - wow, can’t believe you had your surgery already! I hope you have an ok recovery. Sorry you’re in so much pain! That definitely sounds like your DH is getting a reality check! You are super mom!

VRogers - oh, such gorgeous girls you have. Can’t believe how much hair L has! Haha. Vi still has very little. Glad your girls are doing well and you are slowly adjusting to being a family of 4.

Ally - such an adorable pic of Isa! Thanks for sharing. How are you doing?

AFM - so, things have changed again since I last updated! For one, my work agreed to let me go down to 4 days a week! Woohoo! So starting this week I have Wednesdays off! I am very happy to have more time to spend with my girls!
Unfortunately, we are looking for daycare AGAIN!!!! Our other one told us about a week ago that she is discontinuing at the end of the month (due to major financial struggles on her end). So, we have been interviewing daycares like crazy and I have been stressed out of my mind. I spent Sunday crying in and off and feeling like completely crap. I find looking for daycares one of the most stressful things! We are between 2 top choices right now, but I am having such trouble making the decision. Also, these daycares are much more expensive than our old one, so with that and the fact that I’m making less money now, we are going to be very broke!
Also, a little over a week ago, Violet fell down the stairs when my mom was watching her, and she suffered a buckle fracture in her ankle! She is in a cast for a couple weeks. It is nothing too serious, but it made for a very stressful weekend, that’s for sure! I can’t wait til she gets her cast off because she can’t get it wet or anything and it’s falling apart already.
I think that’s all to report. Hope you’re all doing well

Ali- I can imagine it’s still setting in! Congratulations, I’m so excited for you! Do you have an appointment set up yet?

Apple- glad you were able to get your pain meds situated, hopefully it gets better and better each day. O sounds adorable with his errrr sound, that’s funny he prefers his own little language!
Ooh I love greys anatomy. Such a great show to binge.

Literati- thank you for the compliments about the girls!
I’m so happy for you about work letting you go to 4 days! How frustrating about daycare though, I hope you are able to narrow it down and that it ends up working out. I can’t imagine how stressed I would be too! And poor Violet! That’s so scary, I’m glad it wasn’t serious and hope she heals quickly. I just told my bff today that toddlers are like little drunk people that we have to keep from killing them selves. L has busted her lip and bitten her tongue a few times in the past month just being a toddler, it’s crazy.

Afm- this age with L is so fun, it’s my fav so far. She’s independent and learning new things constantly and just the cutest little person. It makes the newborn stage a little easier with E this time knowing how fast it goes and how in a year she’ll be toddling around.
My bff (the one who was pregnant the same time as me for a little bit) has her baby shower next saturday, I’m excited! It’s fun knowing I’ll finally have a friend with a baby soon.

VRogers - I totally agree that this age is amazing! I love age 1 so much! It is so fun, because they’re still cuddly, tiny and adorable like babies, but not quite as high maintenance, and a lot more interactive! So glad you’re enjoying it as well! It is very true how fast it goes. It definitely makes it easier to treasure the newborn stage with your second!
Thanks! I’m very happy about the 4 days! Woohoo! Maybe I’ll have time to post more on here now too! ;)
That’s so great your BFF is having a baby soon too! You’re going to have so much fun together! Enjoy the baby shower!

Lite - Oh yeah I've tested.. maybe too much! :haha: I'm not very far. Not even 4 weeks! No doctor's appointment yet. Trying to decide on who. The one I wanted is full. It's awkward when you work with most doctors. I told DH on Father's day!

Oh gosh that all sounds sooo stressful. Poor Violet! I haven't found anyone for my weekends so my husband only gets a few hours on Saturday to sleep. So he works Friday night, gets maybe at most 4 hours of sleep Saturday, works Saturday night, watches the boys all day Sunday, works Sunday night. Its horrible and I'm sick over it.

I'm actually going to go talk to someone and see about switching buildings in town. They wont probably want me to and will fight it but I don't care. I wont have to do weekends and they will most likely work with me.

I'm glad you are getting to be home more but the financial stress won't be fun.

Vrogers - No not yet. Waiting till I'm a week or so more in. They won't see me till 8 weeks anyways.

Mom friends are awesome! They just get it most of the time haha.. all friends are great but I do realize the difference.

They do grow too fast.

AFM - My lines continue to get darker!! No real symptoms yet. It's odd knowing so early. I womt be surprised if I end up with a February due date since I probably implanted early.

It's a bit odd. I'm still BFing at night and I'm pregnant lol.. right now is not a good time to wean. Something is up with him. Super clingy and nerdy. I think it's his teeth. He almost has them all. If I am right since he didn't let me check well he's down to his last molar.. then 2 year old molars.

This was my test last night with a 5 or so hour hold! My IC are coming up with a pink line as well now. I have two more FRERs. I'm thinking I implanted pretty early to get a line on 8 DPO. So maybe my due date will move up!

Ali - wow, that’s a really nice line!!! Making lots of progress! I’m so excited for you to make an appointment and get your exact due date, etc! You are making me quite jealous because I totally have baby fever but have to wait another year to try! Congrats again...so excited for you! I would imagine that would be really awkward to have a dr’s appointment with someone you work with! I hope you find a good dr to see.
That’s great you’re still nursing at night! Doesn’t sound like a good time to wean, as you said.
That’s really stressful about your weekends and your poor DH being deprived of sleep. I hope you can switch buildings as you said so that your hours will be better. Hang in there!!

AFM - I actually have been night weaning Violet the last two nights! I am going to be starting on a medication that isn’t safe for breastfeeding, so I am weaning her in a hurry. I feel quite bad about it, but I know I’ve nursed her long enough, and it’s ok for me to do. She took night weaning amazingly well and managed to go until 6 am with no milk both nights. The first night she woke up many times and was extremely angry each time, but she always managed to fall back asleep beside me in bed. I never even had to get up and use the rocking chair! My dd1 was wAYY harder to night wean. Then last night Violet woke up a few times but only really protested once or twice. It was a major improvement! I am quite pleased. Now if only she could be put down at night! She still cannot. Oy!!

I want to night wean because T sleeps better when he knows he isn't getting it. He's been sooo angry lately. Taken to biting hard. Going to try and see if I can put him in the crib tonight. I need to work on them both sleeping on their own. Which makes me sad. I enjoy sleeping with them.

Me too! I will be quite sad when Violet sleeps on her own. Her nighttime cuddles are the best!

It'll be good, though. Just gotta remind ourselves of that!! T will be up late. He too a long nap with DH. O will probably be up late as well, because he decided to take a nap. So will be a late night.

T is currently getting mad because he's attempting to climb up on a giant bouncy ball and it keeps moving out from under him. :haha: He finally gave up and threw it in the playroom. It was kind of comical.

Lit- that's great you only have to work 4 days now, the extra time with the girls will be great! Good luck with the night weaning, you've done an amazing job. Hope youre alright tho, as youre having to start a new medicine?

ali- wow what a line!!!! is ur dh just as excited? Good luck with the night weaning

Hope all other ladies are doing ok.

afm- not much to report, Isa is doing fab. Sleeping well just now, almost through the night in his cot. Hope it continues! Love this age, they are just so adorable and cute and everything they do is comical. Just deciding on where to book a holiday, want to go abroad but it is so hard with a toddler we are thinking of just going up north to the isle of mull which is supposed to be beautiful and stay in a cottage. I always say i live in one of the most beautiful countries in the world (Scotland) yet haven't seen most of it, so makes sense haha.

Quick post!

1) I'm having a bit of nausea if I don't eat. Which is annoying.. because by not eating could mean a couple of hours. It's not bad.. but it's there and annoying.

2) Got T to fall asleep mostly on his own in the crib. Although, he ended up in bed with me. It's a start. He doesn't like it and was very upset at first.. but I started to sing to him and rub his back and he fell asleep.

3) Added a picture of T! I just cut his hair today for the first time!! :cry: He looks like such a little boy!

Ally - Yes he's excited!! He didn't like the fact that the first line was barely there, but understood why I told him since it was Father's day. He's much happier with the darker line!

I would love to travel the US. There is so many amazing places here. Even in my own state.. but the bad thing is US is HUGE and it could easily mean a 2 day drive..

Attachments

• 35971947_10211158055901435_1595611080955002880_n.jpg
    35971947_10211158055901435_1595611080955002880_n.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 8
Ali- holy pink line that is definitely unmistakable! I agree probably not a good time to wean.
Ugh the nausea is no fun, I know you didn’t ask for advice but I drank lots of lemon water and ate sour candy. I threw up bad with both girls, I hope it stays mild for you!
Yay for T sleeping in his crib! Look at his red hair omg!! He’s a cutie, he looks so happy.

Afm- we had E’s 2 month appt today including shots. She weighs over 12 pounds (dont remember oz), up about 2 pounds in a month and growing well overall. She was getting hungry during the appt and didn’t like the shots, but otherwise did great! She is super sleepy now though, she needs to wake up and eat more so she isn’t up all night! At one point the doc had her on the exam table, and she heard dh with L and looked over and smiled a couple times. It was cute! Dh always says she doesn’t like him but I tell him it’s just because I have the milk, she will be more like L as she gets older.
No plans this weekend which is fine, going anywhere with 2 little kids is exhausting!

Ally- seems like we all love this age! The trip sounds like a fun idea, when would you guys go? I am so jealous, I would love to at least visit Scotland!

(I typed all that in the wrong order but I can’t fix it, sorry!!)

Hi ladies,

Ali/ wow check out that line !! Really excited for u x great pic of T, love his hair colour it’s just like my ds. We really wanted O to be the same but he is a little blonde. Hope u get a nice dr that u like. February baby .. cool x sorry about the sickness staring, I hated it but still like the fact it was a good sign at the same time. I know what u mean about needing to eat something to stop it. I remember that well. With me it was definately dry crusty bread. I always used to take some out with me ha.. funny when I think back now.

Ally/ glad all going well. Oh really wants to go to mull. It’s been on our places to go list for years. It’s a good age to go with Isa as you can entertain him and he is still ok in his pram. There is suppose to be great wildlife there. Def makes sense to stay this way whilst Isa the age he is. We go Euro in October but that’s mainly for ds who is 5 and my teen is taking a friend . I go lakes by myself with my 4 boys in August and I’m looking forward to that more lol at the min anyway. It’s only an hr drive. The stress of Euro will be crazy I’m sure. :)

Lit/ great that u have gone to 4 days. I’m so pleased that I have been able to do that. I know u have missed your girls. Its made a big difference to me. I’ve got loads of private clients now so actually thinking of working the Friday am again just a few hours but I will be looking at dropping an afternoon in my other job eventually again as I treasure my time with O and he is def my last. Exciting that u will be trying again in a year.

Sorry to hear about violets little fall😔I can imagine how stressful that was, poor baby and poor mummy ! They are just into everything and get everywhere in seconds at this’s age. O came back from my mums the other day with two big bruises on his head where he has ran into a chair! 😣
Hope u get the childcare sorted soon hon, u have had such a nightmare with that haven’t u. I can’t believe your current one has now given u notice.

Vroggers / L sounds such a cutie :) glad Es appt went well she is coming on great. I hate the shots, both mine were sleepy after. Time goes so fast with these little ones. Christmas is going to be loverly this year with our toddlers the age they are.
I was the same with Oh when he was tiny. They def prefer mummy at that age and you’re right we have the Milkies ! Ha x they are not daft !

Update here/ all ok, boys doing great. Ds loves being a little helper for mummy while she has been unwell. Every time he leaves he keeps saying “ who will be taking care of u mummy” so cute bless him. I’m stil really sore. So annoying but it’s slightly starting to improve , maybe 1 % seriously but at least it’s going the right way, it’s still only been a week. I bought this support belt from amazon which has helped me be able to potter around house. I went to see dr yesterday and she said it sounds like my core isn’t strong and it might be good to work on it once I’m better. Suggested the plank ! I can’t hink of anything worse haha.. I’ve had 4 babies ! I’m sure my core is wrecked !! Lol..

O like all our other little ones on here is so cute and comical at the minute, love him to bits . He is due a hair cut so planning to attempt that this weekend. I’ll post a pic. Like Ali said they look so grown up after a little hair cut haha x not much planned this weekend still got to rest. I’ve been selling loads on eBay whilst been laid up , made 200 ! So on a mission now so sell more ! X. Hope u ladies have nice weekend x

Omg ladies .. I just went to go down stairs after positng to make a cup of tea and bloody slipped .. talking about these toddlers being into everything and I go and fall myself !! It was only down top two steps but I landed flat on my back and I’ve wrecked my stomach as I used all my muscles ffs 😣!! I darent move and oh had to come and get me I’m such a dumb ass !! Sorry vent Over !!

Apple- you’re right christmas will be much more fun this year at this age, can’t believe they will be nearing 2!
I bet O will look adorable with a hair cut!
Oh no I’m sorry about the little fall! I’m a huge klutz myself so I get it. I hope it didn’t make the pain worse, hopefully you keep healing and getting better every day!

Quick update, E slept 6 hours! Technically she slept more than that between feeds all afternoon/evening but I fed her in bed around 11 last night and she didn’t wake to eat again until 5:30!! Hopefully she keeps sleeping longer stretches.

Ladies! OMG I haven't been on here in months! I've been so busy with Melody, and this school year, and family stuff that I just haven't had the energy to do much reading. I want to say I'll go back and read and catch up some, but I know I won't.... so no point in saying so. :dohh: :wacko:

Just a quick update on us - Melody is doing great. Her teacher at the childcare center is worried about her speech, she says maybe 10 words in total right now. But she clearly understands us, and if she wants something she points, so she can communicate sort of. I'm going to follow up with our doctor at her 18 month appointment in a couple weeks. Her motor skills are great, she just doesn't want to talk. :shrug: She started climbing out of her crib a few months back, so she's been in the toddler bed since then. I didn't want to risk a broken arm. Which also means she's started waking early because now she knows how to get out an play. I'm exhausted! :nope: We're working on that though.

And...... I'm currently 8 weeks pregnant! :cloud9: :kiss:
This time around it happened first month trying! :O After 14 months TTC Melody I was sure it would take forever. I took a month after taking out IUD to track my cycle, saw my LP was still only 8 days long, let my doctor know (so she told me as soon as I got a bFP to tell her so she can get bloodwork and progesterone ordered), and the next month BOOM. BFP. :wacko: So shocked.

Morning Sickness kicked in hardcore a couple weeks ago and I'm feeling overly exhausted, i can barely function. Thank goodness school ended a couple days ago because I was struggling to get through the day. First OB appointment is July 10th (10 weeks). <3

Based on my calculations from ovulation, I'm due Feb 1 .If you go from LMP, it's more like Jan 29th. I didn't REALLY want another January baby, I kind of was hoping not to get pregnant until June/July so that I would go out on Mat leave and have the rest of the school year + summer off, BUUUT I guess that's my luck. :haha:

Ali - I did see your test! Woohoo! That's awesome!!!

I'll try to check in more often now that I'm on summer break. Have a great weekend all!

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 2
Just a quick post

Congrats Angel!!! We are almost bump buddies!

Also, don't worry too much about Melody. O said less and is fine now. She is talking. That is what is important! Just use words a lot around her and she will use them when she is ready!

I'll catch up more later.

Angel- omg congrats!! Being pregnant with a toddler is no joke but it does make it fly by! So excited for you! And L is the same talking wise, she understands us but honestly I’m not sure how many words she has, I wouldn’t worry as long as she’s hitting all other milestones, but of course her doc will know more than me! So glad to hear you’re doing well and hope you’re able to get on again!

Wanted to quickly share pictures of the girls from today! I normally have E in just a diaper in her love to dream swaddle (keeps her from scratching herself or clawing at me while eating) but we ran to target so I finally got her in an outfit. Dh loves Pink Floyd so he always gets L shirts and I put this one on and thought it was hilarious how huge it is. I also chased her around the house trying to get her hair in a pony tail, it’s so long it covers her eyes so I finally bought some tiny ponytail holders, as she always rips out bows or headbands!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Attachments

• 107D2285-3784-4388-9283-9A64A2D2B409.jpg
    107D2285-3784-4388-9283-9A64A2D2B409.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 5
  • D42BD7BF-66D8-4B5C-B938-C66D4A319F3E.jpg
    D42BD7BF-66D8-4B5C-B938-C66D4A319F3E.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 6
Vrogers - Oh goodness! You keep sharing those gorgeous little girls and makes me ache for one so much more!

That's SO great that E slept that well!! I thought T was going to be a great sleeper lol.. I think part of it is taking those times when they are great and establishing it then and there. Sticking to something so when they have bad nights they'll fall back to routine on good nights. I don't know.. lol

Angel - I wanted to say.. I'm pretty sure T is about to figure out how to climb out of it. I hope not. Not till I can establish sleeping on his own.

Apple - So sorry you fell! After surgery as well.. ugh!! Sound so painful! My ankle has been horrible today. No clue what I did, but the Achilles tendon is all messed up and swollen a little around it.

Good luck with the haircut! T didn't like his much. Not enough hair to make it difficult. O is doing pretty good with me doing it. I'm going to end up being pro! LOL Saves me 18 dollars!

AFM - Well, I'm sore. My ankle is all messed up like I said above. It's a little swollen around my Achilles tendon. I was limping all day at work.

I made it so I have tomorrow off. I think my DON was trying to make me feel sorry, and I don't. She sent me a text saying "I'm going to have to work 4pm to midnight" And?

So the whole deal is my FIL is not doing well. Given 2 weeks. He's declining fast. We need to leave ASAP as to to get to him before something happens. The risk of him becoming septic or throwing a clot is HIGH. His feet are dying.. one is infected. No pedal pulses..

He stopped fighting the cancer and he has gone down fast. I don't know if he will make it back with us. A 8 hour trip on him will be awful on him. So it's been very stressful. Not ready to say bye to him.. it's all kind of crazy. DH already lost his mother a year ago and now his dad.. just sickens me.

Other news.. pregnancy is there lol.. the nausea isn't bad but it is there a little. Honestly wouldn't mind a little food aversion! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->