January Blizzards - 2016 Rainbows

Thank you ladies :flower:

Spud- I'm sorry you had that awful experience.

I really don't have much going on here. I'm able to eat, but still can't consume large amounts in one sitting. And today DH decided he didn't like Violet for Claire's middle name, so it's back to square one, hopefully I can find something we both like.

I also have my anatomy scan coming up the 17th. I had my private gender scan already, but looking forward to seeing my LO again :D

kdmalk- Woohoooooo!!!! I am so glad you're eating again! I hope you have an amazing scan. <3

Lock- At least you have a first name agreed on? DH and I can't agree on anything. It's driving me crazy. Sad though about ditching the name Violet. I thought it was beautiful. :hugs: Maybe you can still convince him?

haha, yes we do have first name agreed on, so that's something! I really liked Violet too, but DH remarked that it sounded like "Word Vomit" not a nice compliment, but maybe this will give me a chance to use some more names I really like, and he better find something he likes soon! I don't like this much rejection!

Oh, I hope you find a name you can both agree on soon!

Not 100% thrilled with my anatomy scan. I guess it was just... different than what I expected. His head is buried in the corner of my pelvis, so she couldn't get the greatest look at it. She had a hard time getting his face, so I am still terrified there could be something she missed on his face (cleft lip being the top of my list).

She was going through and just telling me what she was measuring. Scan was long enough and all that, but I am just bothered about the way she kept going back to his heart over and over again WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHING. She measured all this other stuff and kept telling me that it looked good or normal. He measured exactly at 19+4, so I am happy with that. But she never said anything about his heart. Fortunately she did label it as 4 chamber, but that doesn't mean it is pumping exactly right. She looked at his heart 4 or 5 separate times and never said anything at all about it. She took a whole bunch of pictures of it pumping, which I'm sure is normal, but terrifies me that she was taking a picture of something that wasn't doing what it was supposed to do. Heart rate was 143 and that is the only thing she said about it at all. I asked when I would know if anything was wrong, and she said there would be a written report for the doctor tomorrow. She followed that up with, "but I didn't see anything that concerned me." That helped put me at ease a bit, but just because she said everything else was normal and never said anything about his heart, it makes me think that it is something small that isn't like a huge deal, but is still not normal. Plus, she wouldn't be able to say anything anyway... which is why I'm convinced she said nothing. So now I am analyzing her sentence based around using the phrase "anything concerning" vs "anything wrong". Know what I mean? Something "concerning" would be like missing a chamber, but like... a heart murmur for example wouldn't be "concerning" but also wouldn't be "normal". The heart is a huge deal for people, and I am just under the impression that she would want to tell me that it looked good if everything was okay.... but that was never said.

DH says I am overanalyzing, but she just went back to it too many times without saying anything when she checked everything else only once. And it was the same view she was doing each time she checked. Like she really wanted to make sure of what she was looking at.

I guess we will find out in a few days if I am overanalyzing. Thanks for letting me vent.

Kd, I am sure everything is fine. It is so hard not to over analyse these things especially after a loss. Wish they would talk to you more and explain things a bit better.

KD, I think that's normal. With both of my anatomy scans, they spent a TON of time around the heart and the brain. With both, the techs basically said, "it looks fine." They didn't go into a lot of detail. I think the tech would have gotten a doctor right away if something was truly alarming and she wouldn't have said that she didn't have any concerns. I think everything is fine and you are probably just over-analyzing it.

Afm, at scan last Monday, they couldn't see the full spine, so they told me I had to have a follow up scan. That happened with DD, so I wasn't concerned at all. The tech told me to make a follow up apt and I told the receptionist that I would schedule it later, because I didn't know what my work schedule was going to be like for the next couple of weeks.

Then last Friday, I got a VM from the doctor's office saying, "we're calling to discuss your ultrasound results. Call us back." Of course, I FREAKED, and I didn't notice the VM until Saturday, so there wasn't anything I would do until Monday morning.

Monday morning I called back and the receptionist immediately transferred me to triage. There, the woman who answered looked at my file and said she would have to have a nurse call me back. Of course, by then I was in a complete panic. but I waited... and waited... no call back for AN HOUR!!!! So I called back and the woman said that the nurse hadn't had a chance to talk to the doctor yet. I almost fell to the floor, I swear to God. I was in tears by that point. Then she finally just says they were just trying to figure out the best time in my pregnancy to schedule the follow up scan to try to see the spine.

I was like, YOU'RE KIDDING ME!!!! Why couldn't ANYONE HAVE JUST SAID THAT!?!? I already knew we needed another ultrasound. Why didn't the original VM just say, "we're calling to schedule your follow-up ultrasounds"!?! Not "discuss your results."

GAH!!

My spina bifida blood draw results have come in and our little ladybug tested negative. Yay! Another worry to cross of the list. Now we just need to get through the anatomy/anomaly scan on Monday. My only real worry is cleft lip/palate, since one of the meds I took for IVF increases the risk ever so slightly. (It's still an incredibly low risk, but it still worries me.) Once we clear that hurdle, I think I will relax a bit more.

Lock- At this point, DH says we can just go with the name I like since I like it. He doesn't really have any feelings about the name at all- totally neutral. Which means I'm not comfortable going with it since I want him to like whatever we name her, too. So far, he's only come up with three names, none of which I feel fit her at all. (She's definitely not an "Astrid".) Whereas I've come up with a dozen and he's shot them all down except the one ("Lexi"). He keeps saying that I've obviously made my choice, so we should just go with it, but I'm so uncomfortable naming her something he doesn't have any feelings about at all. He's the kind of guy that doesn't usually form strong opinions about anything, but we're talking about naming a human being here, so I'd at least like him to say the name is nice or something if it's the one we're going to go with. I don't know. I guess I'd rather he tell me it's "word vomit" and start making new suggestions rather than just give in to whatever I want without taking himself into consideration. Does that make any sense???

Kd-
Speaking from my 10 scans of experience so far this pregnancy :blush:, I can tell you that whenever I have a scan, even just these little scans, they always go over the heart several times. I asked the tech once why she always does that and she said that it's because you have to look at it a certain number of times before you're statistically likely to catch a problem if there is one. Just looking at it once it can look fine, but that might be because it's not doing some weird thing at that specific moment. When the baby was smaller, she usually checked 2-3 times, now- in the second tri- she checks 3-5 times. She also takes a MILLION pictures of blood flow in the heart, around the baby, in the placenta, etc. The first time she did the million picture thing (when I first got into second tri), it totally freaked me out the the point that I was almost crying in the waiting room while the doctor processed the scan. Of course, when I actually got the report from the doctor, everything was 100% fine. :dohh:

Topanga-
Geeeeez... They really should have left a different message. That would have scared me to death!

Buny- I LOVE the name Lexi!! We never thought of that for DD, but I think it's absolutely gorgeous!!

And yes, it was a terrible message to leave!! You'd think they would know better!!!

Buny, well we have gone and got some clothes :), yesterday we happened to be in the right place at the right time- we picked up a Valco Baby Zee in cherry and black for $200.00 down from $450.00, bonus!!! It's very light weight, sturdy aluminum and has great easy steering, lockable front wheels, one pedal back brake, adjustable handle and foot rest, zipped good for large or stroller type and the recline is awesome!!

KD - my second ds was born with a heart murmur, he is fine :) when they meausered Williams head they said his head was measuring 4 days behind then after checking everything else said it's ok he is measuring fine and just has a narrow head, I'm ok with that as I have small babies anyway :).
I'm sure that your little one is a ok!

Afm: feeling like I'm going on the journey of a lifetime, no matter how many times we are lucky enough to grow a baby - it's always super AMAZING!!

Yes, thank you, thank you....... Haha.

Very stoked with it.

Good thanks Bush, how are you?

I've started feeling kicks everyday which is a delightful surprise because I have an anterior placenta! Yesterday was my last regular yoga class (before I switch to prenatal yoga) and I think the position I was in must have been infringing on Thomas's real estate because he kicked me several times in a row. :haha:

My 20 week scan is in 6 days and I'm nervous. It will be even more detailed than a normal 20 week ultrasound and because my angel boy had teratology of fallot I'll be having a fetal echocardiogram as well. At least we get to meet with the doctor a couple of hours after the ultrasound to go over the results so I won't have to wait in suspense...but I found this doctor really negative and he really scared/upset me last time...so not looking forward to seeing him again.

Hi everyone. I'm on my phone as usual and I'm going to try my best to remember everything correctly.

Bunny - I named my little girl from my mmc Astrid Rose so I personally love that name. Little Astrid poor thing is still in the freezer waiting for Spring to be buried under a plant.

Kd - sorry to hear your scan was stressful. I think that the sonographers forget that the patient is often worrying and analysing their every move. I'm sure everything is fine.

Topanga - same to you. Really? Do none of these medical professionals realise the way they phrase things are really really important to us. I would have been worried sick too after that message.

Bush - I love that you're shopping and getting bargains.

Heather - I can't remember but I'm sure your scan is in the next few days.

Buny - you mentioned elsewhere you are making protein shakes. What sort of protein are you using?

Fit - that's very exciting that you're feeling kicks. I can't feel anything yet. I can't wait. I'm sure you'll have a great scan too :)

Afm - I worried as usual. I'm worried my bump isn't big enough so I cracked and bought a doppler. I heard baby's hb yesterday morning but now I'm worried I've harmed the baby from it or that baby isn't growing properly.

I have my scan in three days. I hope everything is ok. I'm also excited to find out gender. Dd says the baby is a girl and I have a girl feel but I don't mind blue or pink.

If baby is a girl I'm thinking Seren (an old welsh/cornish name meaning Star) and if he's a boy then dh wants Clyde.

I'm just catching up now! Sorry for a bit of absence.

KD- sorry about your bad scan experience. I always want to know everything, so that would bother me too.

Topanga- that's awful that they said that to you. I'm a horrible worrier, so that would have me so worried and upset.

Bush- What a great bargain!

Buny- It's great that you are being healthy! And that reminds me that I need to start drinking some fruit smoothies again. I'm still feeling sick on and off, and feel guilty that I haven't been able to eat as healthy as I would have liked.

Fit- Feeling kicks is so exciting! I love the feeling.

Spud- I carried pretty small in all my pregnancies, so much so that my midwife had expected DS to be around 7lbs, but he was well over 8lbs. Your baby could be more inward than out, plus, you are barely half way through, you still have 20 more weeks to get a bump, which seemingly happens literally over night.

I have my scan coming up on Monday! I'm excited to see my little lady again, though for some irrational reason, I'm worried about them finding if she is still a she!

I bought some maternity tea on Amazon that has a bunch of herbs that are safe and healthy for pregnancy, some of them being rose hips, and RRL, and it's caffeine free. I also bought some pacifiers, and more clothes for Claire, and DD helped me pick out some socks. She gets really excited to help mommy shop for her baby sister. She picked out some fuzzy socks and said the baby will really like them :cloud9:

In the mean time, I've just mostly been keeping myself busy with working on digital artwork. I tend to be a bit of a slow worker, so projects can take a week to nearly a month!

Can't believe I'll be halfway through come Monday, I'm going to have to take another bump pic soon!

Spud- This is the whey I use. I did a lot of research before settling on it. It's organic, fully grass fed, and very minimally processed. From what I can tell, it's the healthiest one on the market right now. I also have my scan on Monday so, of course, I'm worried as always. I guess that's just the way things are going to go this pregnancy- worry, worry, worry. DH has a friend named Ceren, though she spells it differently.

L&K- Smoothies are the best- though my OB said to stay away from fruit juices and instead use whole fruits. I hadn't really thought about it before, but she said that juice often has more sugars in it than soda and that isn't the best for the baby. I've been using bananas, strawberries, and mango for my fruit smoothies- with yogurt and Stevia to sweeten them. I ordered some really good cacao powder and have been using that with peanut butter, bananas, and Stevia (plus ice and a little milk). Yummmm.....

that's how I usually make them too! Fresh Bananas, a bit of peanut butter or raw almonds, some milk or almond milk, I've even used green tea before, and some frozen strawberries, because fresh are so expensive and don't last as long. I like to use organic or clover honey as a sweetener, it really gives it that kick to make it taste like those sweet smoothies, minus all the processed sugar.

Lock - sometimes it is a wonder where those babies hide. I am trying to remember my pregnancy with dd and I remember being small ish until the last tri where I just looked like I had a whole family hiding in my belly. DD was only 6 lb 14 though.

Buny - thanks for the whey link. I've been looking at the whey in the organic shop in town.

Heather - yay for scan on Thursday. I can't wait to see if you're team pink or blue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->