January Blizzards - 2016 Rainbows

I hope some of y'all join me in team pink this month!

Today was an exhausting day. Woke up with way more fatigue than normal. Slept all afternoon. Still tired now. DH and I are headed out of town on Wednesday for a programming convention in Vegas. I hope I can find things to do while DH is going to talks and exhibits. We have an ultrasound on Wednesday to make sure the baby is okay before flying out. I wish I could feel the baby move consistently so I wouldn't be so worried anymore, but I'm still not to that point. I think I've felt her move now, but it's so hard to tell.

Bushmamma - eek not long now. Only a few days. Are you doing anything for a gender reveal? It's not something we do in NZ but I've read lots of fun gender reveal ideas on here.

Buny - enjoy your trip. I hope you get to relax.

Afm -
I felt the baby move last week but I haven't felt anything since. I'm trying not to stress because I have my placenta at the front.

My dh has organised a lay in for me tomorrow whoop whoop. I have been up at 5am every day since mid April and I'm struggling a bit with tiredness.

Bunyhuny - I see you are currently the only pink baby. Why did I think there were more.

I just checked the front page. There are a few people we haven't heard from lately.
Waving hello to you if you're a stalker rather than a poster. I'd love to hear how you are getting on.

Buny and Spud- so exciting!!! I've been feeling baby move for a couple of weeks now, but it's still so inconsistent. It worries me too sometimes, Spud, even though I know it's totally normal at this point. That's normally when I take my Doppler out!!

Yesterday I had to go pee (you know, for the 29738293736 millionth time that afternoon) and DH laughed at me because so little came out. He's like, "really? You HAD to go to the bathroom for that??"

Me: "well, when you have a baby pressing on top of your bladder, it makes your bladder feel full, even when there's only a tiny bit in there."
DH: "omg seriously, why does anyone enjoy being pregnant?!??"

LOL I think it's funny how often pregnancy related changes freak DH out. Even kicks he's like, "it's so weird!!i wouldn't want something inside me kicking me!!!" :haha: guess it's a good thing I'm the one carrying the babies! I do agree with him on labor though. Labor does suck.

We had our anatomy scan this morning. You can put me down for team :blue: as well!

congrats on team :blue: Topanga

btw did anyone have any baby dreams about gender and were right? I remember having boy dreams with DS and he is definitely a boy. This morning I had a dream that #3 was a girl :)

I'm feeling baby move daily now, it's exciting.

Also, DD told me today "Mommy, I love the baby in your belly." :cloud9:

Congrats on Team Blue Topanga! :blue:

So many little boys for January, is anyone going to join Buny over on Team Pink?

Lock, I did. DH had a dream that DD was a girl and was right. This time I had two vivid dreams that this was a boy, and I was obviously right.

Fit- Thanks! Honestly, I was really hoping to join team pink, but DH's swimmers had other plans! :haha: Now I just need to adjust to the idea of having a boy!!

Topanga - congratulations on team :blue: Your DD sounds very cute. It's so nice to hear them say that. my DD loves giving baby cuddles and she says she will cuddle the baby when she comes out of mummy's tummy. ANd yeah, I agree, pregnancy sucks lol. So does labour. I honestly don't know how woman used to be permanently pregnant. I can honestly understand why wives were happy that men got mistresses before contraception.

Fit - I saw your nub ultrasound and your little baby's nub is so obviously blue.

Heather - how did your normal appointment go? I'm kind of hoping to be on team :pink: too.

Lock - absolutely NO baby dream for me at all. None. It's a bit strange.

I have a general feeling baby is a girl. DD says the baby is a girl. she says 'not a boy mummy. Little sister'. But then she points to her tummy and says she has a little boy in her tummy so I guess her word isn't trustworthy.
My DH will be super stoked with a boy.

Is anyone else still vomiting? With DD I vomited until 31 weeks and was sick until after the birth. So this morning sickness has been a lot easier compared to that but at 17 weeks I'm still vomiting and mildly nauseous.

I'm only going to call those that are close and tell gender, I'm feeling bubs move everyday just wish it could be more often lol. There are soooooooo many baby boys due it's crazy, dh is hoping for a girl I am hoping for healthy although there are pink vibes :).

Ladies how fab that we are nearly half way!!!? It's amazing!
Does those who can feel their bubs move feel them press up above your belly button? That's where I feel most movement.

Looking forward to the scan so I can start nursery shopping, it's been nearly ten years!! Wow how things have changed, they are streamline and I got to say that some furniture looks cold because of it. But I may just be old school haha.

Drop in on Friday ladies after the scan to let you know which team I'm carrying. Til then XXxX

Spud, I've only had the one dream so far. I think I'm still having a hard time believing I'm pregnant.

I'm not vomiting but I still feel nauseous most days, I can barely eat in the day, and still can't eat a full meal. I have lots of trouble with my IBS, and so far have only gained 5lbs this pregnancy. No cravings and no appetite either.

Also hoping to join team pink, though there are days I feel it will be a boy just because I want a girl :/

Bush, I feel movement right below my belly button

Bush - that's so exciting that you are feeling baby move. I felt baby move a couple of times but nothing for a week because I have an anterior placenta. I'll be looking forward to hearing whether you have a boy or girl. I don't have an appointment for my scan yet...hmmppffff.
I also think a lot of the modern streamlined stuff looks quite cold. I like something quirky and with character.

Lock, in every dream I've had this pregnancy, baby has been a boy. I have read 1000 times that it is the opposite of what you dream, but my bump is very clearly blue!!!! So I guess my dreams were right! Doc mentioned my weight because I lost some early and still haven't gained really any of it back. Eating is my enemy also. It sucks!

Spud, I am still sick also. It has been 11 days since my last barf, but I thought I was going to lose it today for sure. I left work at 10am and came home and took a 3 hour nap. I just didn't have the patience to fight my tummy at my desk. My biggest problem is just nausea/picky tummy at this point. I still have trouble eating most of the time. Even taking the diclegis daily I can't keep my stomach settled. I tend to do well with cereal, so I eat that multiple times a day. Doc says to try to eat at least one actual meal, so I do my best to put down a few bites of something, but it has been hard.

Bush, I am only feeling him low, but I get the occasional kick up about the height of my belly button. I know how he was laying at my ultrasound, and she said he would probably stay that way, so I can identify the punches and the kicks based on what is where. I actually get a lot more punches! Lol. But he is already a thumb sucker, so I am not surprised his arms are moving around as they go from his sides back into his mouth. Lol.

Topanga, congrats on joining the blue bumps!!!

I bet we are in for some girls in the next few weeks!

In my past pregnancies I had gender specific dreams too and they were both right, even though I swore I was having a girl when pregnant with DS I had very clear boy dreams.

I'm really not sure what to think this time. I doubt my feelings a lot because I was so wrong last time.

Scan tomorrow (17+6). Super nervous. Haven't felt baby move much the lsat few days. I know it's early, but she had such an active day last week, and then not much since. I hope everything is okay. DH and I fly to Vegas tomorrow night for a programming convention he goes to every year. First time that I'll be going to. Hopefully doctor says everything looks great and to enjoy the trip.

Lock - we posted at the same time earlier :) sorry to hear you are still feeling sick.

Kd - you too. Nausea is terrible.

Heather - yay for your scan date :)

Afm - I'm so tired I could cry. I'm not complaining because I love dd so much but she's been the worst sleeper ever. She's been the minimum sleep child with constant wake ups. It's hard getting up at 4 to 5 every morning. I can hardly focus driving. Still only 13 years until a lay in :) :) :) :)

I also got my scan date. It's 18th August when I'm 19+1.
I'm a bit bummed because it's exactly at the same time as dd swimming lesson which she just loves but at the same time it's less than two weeks away.

Buny - I'm sure the scan will go just great. Please update us.

I've decided I've been too gender obsessed. All that matters is that I get to hold a healthy baby in my arms. I'm starting to worry again too.

Scan thankfully went just fine. Home now resting while DH packs our things. Nausea is back this week and I'm having a hard time getting myself to eat.

That's great you're feeling so much movement, Bush. I felt a little last week but not much since. Baby was moving all over the place at the scan today, so I have no idea why I'm not feeling it now.

Your big scan is the day after mine, Spud. I already know gender, so it's all about making sure the baby is healthy. I'm nervous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->