January & February Beans 2021

Wow sanders, that sleep would be amazing!!! What does he do during the day? What did you do for sleep training?

It's crazy hoe much they change in 1 month. My girl still hasn't made any attempts at rolling and hadn't even thought about food yet

Wow sanders, that sleep would be amazing!!! What does he do during the day? What did you do for sleep training?

It's crazy hoe much they change in 1 month. My girl still hasn't made any attempts at rolling and hadn't even thought about food yet

Right now he does about 1.5-2 hours awake, then an hour nap. Repeat all day lol. He almost always has 3 naps a day and they’re all about an hour.

We did the 3 day sleep solution with all the kids. I know a lot of people have different opinions on crying. The idea behind it is basically babies go through a ‘cycling’ process to fall asleep. So if you rock/nurse etc that becomes their process they need to fall asleep. Which is obviously fine, I just find it’s not sustainable for our family because my kids never want to give it up lol, I can’t go years without sleep :rofl: Anyways, the way we do it is make sure baby is warm, fed, freshly changed etc, do whatever routine you have (Thomas gets the same song every night) and then put them in their bed. You give them one hour to go to sleep on their own.

The method explains it like when we go to bed at night we all have a ‘cycling’ process we go through in order to fall asleep (ie: think about our day, make plans for tomorrow, count sheep - whatever you do to fall asleep). So baby just needs to learn how to essentially close their eyes and go to sleep on their own.

Anyways, my kids always cry the full hour on the first night. Once it’s been an hour you can go in, nurse/rock them - whatever they need to go to sleep. All my kids were the same, they do the full hour night one and I have to help them fall asleep. Night 2 they hit 40 or 50 minutes before falling asleep, and night 3 is the magic number - it’s always only 10 or 15 minutes of fussing. Now Thomas almost never complains, he just goes to sleep.

I tried a few sleep training methods with my oldest when he was like 8 months old but he was sooooo stubborn. He hated me coming to ‘check’ on him and rub his belly etc like a lot of methods want you to do. He was just mad I wouldn’t pick him up. But I also didn’t want to do one of those methods which just lets them cry infinitely. I liked the 1 hour time limit cause I felt like I wasn’t being mean haha. And I liked that they explained it like scientifically that’s how long they need to try it themselves and if you come in earlier you’re interrupting their process.

Anyways that’s my novel lol. I found a link to the file I used when we did it in case you want to give it a read:

Hey guys! Hope everyones doing well, Colton is 5 months today! He is rolling this way and that. Is sitting mostly by himself though hes still have some small trouble catching himself if he leans too far in one direction. He loves to blow bubbles/raspberries and he is a big ol babbler. He wants everyone to know whats on his mind. :haha: hes still mostly sleeping through the night which honestly blows my mind because my other two were such horrible sleepers. I'm convinced this is the universe trying to con me into another one lol.

Anywhooo I hope everyone is doing well!

I’m glad you and Colton are doing well. I can’t believe how fast time is going! It seems like yesterday that I found out I was pregnant.

Gabe is 6 months old today! He can sit up, but is kind of just lazy and will make himself go to his belly. He is trying his hardest to scoot forward on his belly. I feel like he’s going to be an early mover like my second..she was full on walking by 10 months. I’m not ready for that! Lol His little personality is really coming out. He’s silly and sweet. I’m 100% done and have no desire to be pregnant again, but I wish time would slow down just a little so I can soak in all the baby snuggles I can.

9D29DFC8-3165-4E5F-A7D6-9659F2374BC9.jpeg D209D8F2-D606-423C-BC36-5DBA5355E85E.jpeg

@Jules8 oh my goodness he is too cute, and look at all that hair!! I keep going back and forth on wanting another. Like I know I really probably don't want to be pregnant again but I love kids so much. Maybe that feeling will change once I'm back to working with kids and having my own. Either way another one would be a long way off.

Here's a picture of my bald little dude. Lol all my kids are bald for like the first year or two. it really is going by so fast. It doesn't feel like we were ttc that long ago.

IMG_20210703_101940_324.jpg IMG_20210703_102100_114.jpg

Such a cutie! Both my girls were bald til 1…of course my boy would have alll the hair. Lol He is my husbands twin with his dark hair and big brown eyes then the girls look like me with blonde hair and blue eyes. Genetics are a crazy thing! We were done at 2 because I did fertility treatments and I didn’t want to go through that again. I’m so thankful we got a surprise baby, but my hands are full and pregnancy/birth/postpartum was stressful due to high bp. I’m ready to watch them grow together and move to the next chapter.

Aw look how big the babies are getting! I’m shocked all the time at how it’s been over half a year! We’re probably going to go for one last baby - who knows when. Probably sooner since my other kids are close in age too. Then we’ll definitely be done cause our house is already crazy lol

Some pictures of Thomas!

F24FC08B-F84D-4073-915A-8F9C604848F1.jpeg 60CB3F7D-CF15-41AB-8A70-048497642F02.jpeg BF63BFA0-E8AB-44D4-99AD-45F09FEB72B4.jpeg

Sanders-He’s so adorable!!! If I didn’t have to worry so much about my hypertension/pre-e, we had a bigger house, more money, and more help then I would have been on board with more. But, right now we live in a 2 bedroom small farmhouse we rent. We looked at bigger houses to rent and it’s just insane the amount places are charging. So we’re sticking it out and the plan is to start looking to buy next spring. We also have absolutely no support as our families are over an hour away and we have our work schedules worked out so one of us is always home…there’s never a break. It’s been hard so I can’t imagine how stressed we would be with anymore.

Sanders-He’s so adorable!!! If I didn’t have to worry so much about my hypertension/pre-e, we had a bigger house, more money, and more help then I would have been on board with more. But, right now we live in a 2 bedroom small farmhouse we rent. We looked at bigger houses to rent and it’s just insane the amount places are charging. So we’re sticking it out and the plan is to start looking to buy next spring. We also have absolutely no support as our families are over an hour away and we have our work schedules worked out so one of us is always home…there’s never a break. It’s been hard so I can’t imagine how stressed we would be with anymore.

I can’t imagine doing it while working. The only way we manage it is I only take small jobs once in a while that I can do when the kids are in bed (I’m a video editor), and DH works from home so can help a lot! We are low on space though - currently in a 2 bedroom. We’re thinking about moving at some point! We don’t have family around either which is a shame but what can you do :shrug: Ive heard it gets easier as they get more independent :rofl:

@Sander I feel like it definately gets easier as they get bigger. However then they just eat you out of house and home. I swear my older two are bottomless pits :haha:

I hope everyone is doing well! Colton is officially crawling and skipped that awkward backwards crawl. And then two days later decided he was tired of just crawling and now also pulls to stand. I'm officially convinced he will be walking by 8 months at the latest. Hes taken a few steps with the couch two different times but isn't super interested in that part yet. For now hes content with just standing and crawling. My older two have started back at school. Oldest is doing online learning (his choice) and the other is back at school. Honestly I'm not sure how long we will last in person. Its only the second week and they sent him home Monday for *covid-like symptoms* .... allergies. He has allergies... so the only way he can go back is two weeks at home or a negative swab and there's no way I'm getting him a covid swab every time he has allergies. I feel like something consistent will just end up being better, even if that means he's at home. As for me I am stuck in limbo, my gut says have another baby but my husband says he's completely done... yet he refuses to talk about getting a vasectomy even though he was previously the one who said he was going to get it after we had Colton. Anyhow, hope everyone is doing well!!

Hi Lisa!

I’m amazed he’s standing already!! Thomas won’t crawl lol, he’s 8 months today. Definitely isn’t standing yet! He’s still figuring out how to sit up unassisted. Crazy how they’re all so different. My earliest walker was Emmett at 10 months.

We were on the fence about another too, but I like the idea of 4 so they can pair off. Thinking about amusement parks etc in the future, someone will always ride alone if there are only 3. But 4 is also a lot of kids :haha: We will need to get a bigger car for sure. Anyways, we’ll see what happens with this one - I’m only 7dpo but lines are pretty faint. Maybe tomorrow I’ll get a better result!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->