January/ February Snowflakes 2024

Still having all this pain in my right side. Had it so bad the other night it woke me. The pain had spread round to my back and made me feel so sick. I’ve noticed mild itching the last couple of days but today I’ve woke up feeling like I’ve been coated in itching powder. I googled and have come across a condition called icp which is something to do with the liver. Itching and right sided pain under the ribs are signs so now I’m freaking out a little. I don’t know whether to call my gp or midwife to ask about it. It says icp can lead to premature birth and stillbirth if left untreated. I’ve never had anything like this in my other pregnancy’s so it’s strange but being anxious already I’ve now scared myself. He’s movements have been perfectly fine. He’s been so active the last couple of days so that’s reassuring. I might try call my midwife first as I don’t have a lot of faith in my doctors

It sounds like it may be gallbladder related. Definitely just let a medical professional know.
Is there a rash associated with the itchiness?
Does your pain worsen or occur when you eat fatty or heavy foods?

25 weeks with baby boy.

I made the decision with my doctor to quit my hospital nursing job this past week due to some hypotension, dizziness and worsening varicosities in my right leg. I think it was the safest thing to do to try to avoid complications and preterm labor. The inherent stress of my job and 12 hour shifts were kicking my butt.

Now I just get to focus on much needed home renovations, nesting, and spending time with my other 2 kids before little boy arrives.
I feel blessed to be able to take maternity leave early.PXL_20231001_174708914~2.jpg

Lovely bump :) Sounds like you've made the right decision <3

@littlewitch lovely bump! It sounds like you've made the best decision. Enjoy your time at home with your little ones. I've been very lucky to be a SAHM since I had my eldest and I can't imagine having to be on my feet working 12 hour shifts throughout the whole pregnancy. Major props to anyone who can.

@littlewitch I can't imagine doing 11 hour nursing shift pregnant. My 8 hours of sitting at a desk tires me out. Sounds like a good decision.

@littlewitch lovely bump hun. Glad you’ve managed to start your maternity leave early. You have to do what’s best for you. Enjoy your time with your other children.
I’ve not had any rashes with the pain and touch wood it seems to have eased right off now and the only place I feel itchy now are my legs. Maybe my gallbladder was irritated. Really hope it doesn’t come back because it was making me feel quite miserable

@Laurabub84 I'm having this weird under right rib pain too it's really annoying!
Gosh @littlewitch I'm with @salamander91 I couldn't do it either!! I've only been part time work or SAHM since my second was born and even that's a struggle sometimes!! I don't know how mums working full time do it I really don't! I find it a full time job running a house!
Im already getting sad that I'm nearly halfway through this pregnancy. It will almost certainly be my last unless there's any oopsies lol and I just want time to slow down. I've waited so long for this I just want to appreciate it!! Feels like I've not done hardly anything baby related, barely any shopping, I'm not organised or ready at all and it's just due to time and having the older ones to look after.
Im still not feeling regular movement either it's worrying me now. I felt it so early and I feel like I should be really noticing it now but I'm just not.

@josephine3 I had right under rib pain last pregnancy and I wouldn't be surprised to get it again soon. Started around 23/ 24 weeks I think. It definitely was annoying.

It does seem like time is flying. This is likely my last pregnancy as well unless my partner decides to push for a third. I only planed to have 2 kids but I enjoy pregnancy and don't want to rush it either. I'll be sad to see this chapter end but it does help picturing what things may be like once all the kids are independent.

I've had a similar experience with movement but found out I have an anterior placenta. I felt movement early, around 13 weeks and it's strong now but if the baby is in a position fully behind it I can go a long time without feeling anything. It never got super consistent until around 20 weeks and even now I have days where it's much lighter.

@Teanna, interesting, I will ask again where my placenta is at my next scan. At my 12 week one they said it was too early to tell which I thought was weird!

@josephine3 I started feeling movements at around 15 weeks but they definitely weren't regular at 18 weeks and I'd have days I didn't feel him. I think the placenta can still move around quite a lot early on so they don't tell you. At my 16 week scan mine was fundal anterior but by my 20 week scan it was posterior.

I feel like this pregnancy is going so fast too. I'm 27 weeks today so only 11/12 left until my c section :shock: I don't feel prepared at all lol I have quite a few things but still need some important stuff like a crib, drawers etc and to sort my house out so I actually have room to unbox all the things I've bought for him :lol:

@salamander91 remind me why you're having a planned section again? Nice to know when babys coming though!! You can be super ready x

@josephine3 I've already had 3. My first was an emergency section after a failed induction and my other two were planned sections. I'm a type 1 diabetic so they don't like me going over 39 weeks. Good to know when baby is coming but they won't give me a date until the last minute because things can change quickly with my diabetes. All of my others have been during the 38th week so I'm hoping for that again x

So I had a dream last night that I don't even remember but I woke up like I'd had a shock, something startled me in my dream and jolted me awake, the baby must have jumped too because I had an awful pulling snapping feeling, like as if someone pulled on the cord!!! Now I'm really worried!! I think I've felt movement today, it's weird how I'm so unsure what I'm feeling still. It's like I think I'm imagining it.

Question for all: have any of you had gestational diabetes?
I took my one hour glucose tolerance test this week and failed. The goal is <140 and my blood sugar at one hour was 161.
I asked my OB if I could repeat the one hour test again after proper hydration, sleep, and attempt to improve my diet.
If I fail again, I will take the 3 hour test which I am dreading. Consuming the 50g of dextrose drink was bad enough. Thinking about consuming 100g makes my skin crawl.
I know it might be silly...and I know if I have gestational diabetes that it is not my fault, but I feel sad and I feel like a failure right now.
:(
Does anyone have experience with this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"