January/ February Snowflakes 2024

Scan went so good :cloud9: he was head down today so I guess he's still spinning around in there lol View attachment 1117204 View attachment 1117205 View attachment 1117206 View attachment 1117207 View attachment 1117209

omg look at him, so precious. I’m so excited for mine

Oh wow those are amazing pictures @salamander91!!! He's just adorable!!
@Teanna I've never heard of an ectopic kidney what's that? Do they not tell you if everything is OK while you are at the scan then? Here they tell us as they see it we don't review it after. It's the only time this happenes though, in pregnancy. Usually any diagnostics have to be sent to a doc for review. Also my dye date was so moved by one day since my scan due to a problem with their machines? Random but I've kept my own date on my ticker based on ov. It's just a few days later than theirs.

I've got my 20 week scan on Monday! But rather than being excited to find out the gender etc I'm just terrified. I've got a constant feeling of doom about this pregnancy and I don't know why. Never felt this with the others I'm scared it's instinct. I also had a call from the screening midwife saying that I have something called 'low papp-a' and that it means I will need growth scans from 28 weeks. It's a placenta issue apparently, Google says that it can cause stillbirth, premature babies, small babies, growth restriction and specifically 2nd trimester loss which is what I'm already scared of!! So I'm mildly freaking out over here. Of course all those things are worse case scenario and don't always happen but still...
Anyone any experience with low papp-a? I'm scared!!

best of luck for your scan tomorrow. I’ve never heard of this although with my first baby I remember them calling me after the 20 weeks scan and bloods to say they had concerns about baby being small. I didn’t really think much of it at the time as she was my first and I was clueless but I did have growth scans because of it. She was born at 38 weeks and was 6lbs 10oz which I think was normal for that stage. It’s good they’re keeping a closer eye on you and baby. Hopefully they’ll be able to offer more reassurance to you tomorrow. Make sure to ask all the questions you need and just let them know how anxious you’re feeling about this pregnancy. I couldn’t shift that feeling of doom for a long time with this one but now that I’m further gone it’s started to fade away now. Hopefully the same will happen for you. Excited to find out if your team :pink: or :blue:

28 weeks today. Now in the final trimester :dance:Still feeling so surreal to be here. I’m finally starting to feel really excited now. I have my first midwife appointment since 16 weeks on Wednesday which is when they should start measuring bump. Am feeling a little anxious I’m going to be measuring ahead because I feel massive. I did look big with dd4 tho, everyone was always commenting how big I looked and she was 6lb 10oz. A lady down the school said to me the other week “you can’t have much longer left” when I said January she looked really shocked so I’m starting to feel nervous about a big baby. Dd2 was my biggest and most painful labour so it always makes me nervous. Being a boy too they say boys are bigger than girls. My son came at 37+5 and was 7lb 2oz so I worry if I go full term this one will end up being my biggest. My biggest so far was 7lb 13 1/2oz but she was 4 days over due. I alway cope well with just gas and air in labour but not with her. Mind you I was rushed in by ambulance with her and I didn’t have time for anything else and they took the gas off me to push her out. It’s the most painful labour I’ve had so far and wouldn’t want a repeat of that. That scares me. Looking at the results of my 20 week scan he’s already on the 60th centile 8-[

Last edited:
@Laurabub84 I'm feeling big for 23 weeks as well, I compared my bump pics and I'm looking like I did at the start of my third trimester already but it doesn't seem to correlate with baby size. The 20 week scan put her in the 33rd percentile which is smaller than my last daughter. Hopefully your son isn't too big and labor goes smoother than the last. I'm sure the rushed ambulance ride didn't help your experience.

@Laurabub84 thanks so much! I gotta try and remember all my questions I need to make a list but honestly haven't had time.
So exciting that you're in third tri already ahh!
My babies were 8lb 2 and 9lbs 7 lol. I'm hoping this one isn't any bigger!! But my second birth was perfect wheras my first I had a massive tear and lost a lot of blood, it was really traumatic so I don't think the weight makes a difference.
It's also why I don't think this baby will be small lol x

27 weeks with baby boy.
Josephine3, I can definitely sympathize with the unusual level of concern this pregnancy. I am trying my best to lay all fears aside and just walk in peace one day at a time.
3 hour glucose tolerance test this week. A little nervous I will not pass, but worrying won't change the outcome.

Great looking bump @littlewitch!!

So I had my scan today, all is well and healthy! Phew!!
And... Its going to be a.. Boy!!
Seems like so many boys on the boards right now!
Im just feeling so relieved and thankful that all is well.. Also, I found out I do have an anterior placenta so no wonder I haven't been feeling as much movement as I thought I should. Baby was sitting upright lol with his bum low and head at the top.. Explains why I feel pelvic pain and sort of pressure already. He already weighs in at 14oz which is the 83rd percentile!
Im sure there was more to say but I'm so tired just wanted to update quickly! xx

27 weeks with baby boy.
Josephine3, I can definitely sympathize with the unusual level of concern this pregnancy. I am trying my best to lay all fears aside and just walk in peace one day at a time.
3 hour glucose tolerance test this week. A little nervous I will not pass, but worrying won't change the outcome.

Happy 27 weeks hun. Almost in the 3rd tri now eeeeek!! Keeping everything crossed you’ll pass the glucose test. What day do you have that?

Great looking bump @littlewitch!!

So I had my scan today, all is well and healthy! Phew!!
And... Its going to be a.. Boy!!
Seems like so many boys on the boards right now!
Im just feeling so relieved and thankful that all is well.. Also, I found out I do have an anterior placenta so no wonder I haven't been feeling as much movement as I thought I should. Baby was sitting upright lol with his bum low and head at the top.. Explains why I feel pelvic pain and sort of pressure already. He already weighs in at 14oz which is the 83rd percentile!
Im sure there was more to say but I'm so tired just wanted to update quickly! xx

I’m so relieved for you everything went perfectly at your scan and congrats on team :blue: yay!!

Midwife in 2hrs. I’m so anxious to know what my bumps going to measure. Sleepless nights are hitting hard at the moment I just can’t get comfortable. Still this month seems to be moving fairly quickly. To think baby could potentially come at the end of December, it’s getting closer :xmas1:

@salamander91 happy 29 weeks. How are we this far already, it’s crazy!!

Midwife in 2hrs. I’m so anxious to know what my bumps going to measure. Sleepless nights are hitting hard at the moment I just can’t get comfortable. Still this month seems to be moving fairly quickly. To think baby could potentially come at the end of December, it’s getting closer :xmas1:

@salamander91 happy 29 weeks. How are we this far already, it’s crazy!!

I hope everything goes well <3

Hope everything goes well in your appointment @Laurabub84 I agree it's going so fast! I'm waking up constantly atm to either pee or roll over because I'm sore

Happy v-day @Teanna & @PitaKat

all went well at my appointment. Gotta wait on my bloods to check the anemia’s being managed enough. Really hope so coz I don’t want to have to up the iron tablets. I’m not measuring huge like I feared but I don’t know what centile I’m on as the online app the measurements are put into doesn’t say which is annoying. When I click on the x it just comes up with what I measured and nothing about a percentile. Will have to remember to ask next time.
IMG_5100.jpeg IMG_5099.jpeg

Happy v-day @Teanna & @PitaKat

all went well at my appointment. Gotta wait on my bloods to check the anemia’s being managed enough. Really hope so coz I don’t want to have to up the iron tablets. I’m not measuring huge like I feared but I don’t know what centile I’m on as the online app the measurements are put into doesn’t say which is annoying. When I click on the x it just comes up with what I measured and nothing about a percentile. Will have to remember to ask next time.
View attachment 1117233 View attachment 1117234

The middle gray line on the curve graph is the 50th percentile for that week's gestation. You fundal height was 27.5 cm. Your gestational age 28+3. So technically, even a bit small for 28.5 weeks. Perfect though as long as fundal height is within 2 cm of gestational age. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->