January/ February Snowflakes 2024

@Laurabub84 just a head measurement isn't going to give you a full picture. I had a growth scan today and his head was measuring a bit big but when AC and femur were calculated he weighed 3lb 8oz which is 50th centile. I don't know why they would just do a head measurement they did head, abdomen and femur at my 4d scan.

@Teanna happy 25th weeks! I saw my ob today and he said 38 weeks is the aim for my csection (could be earlier if things change with my diabetes) but max 8 weeks left for me. I'm not ready :lol:

25 Weeks today, can't believe there's only 15 weeks left and less for all of you ladies. View attachment 1117281

Happy 25 weeks hun

@Laurabub84 just a head measurement isn't going to give you a full picture. I had a growth scan today and his head was measuring a bit big but when AC and femur were calculated he weighed 3lb 8oz which is 50th centile. I don't know why they would just do a head measurement they did head, abdomen and femur at my 4d scan.

I didn’t expect them to do any measurements to be honest but yeah only head she measured. Trying not to worry about it too much now. I’ve been dreaming of big babies the last couple of nights, lol. But he’ll weigh what he’ll weigh and there’s no good me stressing about it just so long as he’s completely healthy and it’s not an indication of gd. I’m not sure they’ll test me for that or not. I will still mention it at my next appointment and just see what they say.

I agree wholeheartedly, Laurabub. Gestational age determination is usually defined by head circumference, abdominal circumference, femur length, and humerus length combined. Please don't worry. Can you ask for a reassurance growth scan to check all his measurements if it would help ease your fears?

Also, I had no symptoms of gestational diabetes...and yet I have it. So, maybe asked to be screened just in case?

@Teanna happy 25th weeks! I saw my ob today and he said 38 weeks is the aim for my csection (could be earlier if things change with my diabetes) but max 8 weeks left for me. I'm not ready :lol:

I am looking at the same situation. I am nervous. They are talking about doing my section at 38 weeks due to gestational diabetes as well. Currently, my blood glucose has been very well controlled with diet alone but at 28 weeks, I know that can change.
I have sooooo much home improvement and deep cleaning and nesting to do before then. Yikes.

@Laurabub84 I just don't know why they would bother doing any measurements if they're just going to do one. My scan was at ultrasound direct too so you would think it would be consistent even at different branches. Generally diabetes symptoms are excessive thirst, tiredness and peeing a lot but all are obviously pregnancy symptoms too. Definitely worth a mention to your midwife anyway.

@littlewitch I've had all mine during the 38th week so I'm not sure why I expected this one to be any different lol I'm a type 1 diabetic so I'm always on insulin. I have so much sorting and cleaning to do. I'm genuinely not sure where I'm going to fit a baby in this house. We ideally wanted to move before he came but no luck finding anywhere yet.

I agree wholeheartedly, Laurabub. Gestational age determination is usually defined by head circumference, abdominal circumference, femur length, and humerus length combined. Please don't worry. Can you ask for a reassurance growth scan to check all his measurements if it would help ease your fears?

Also, I had no symptoms of gestational diabetes...and yet I have it. So, maybe asked to be screened just in case?

Yeah I’ll definetly mention it. I’ve never been tested for gd before in any of my pregnancy’s. It does worry me being older now at 39 if that could put me at more risk. Hopefully not.

I can’t believe how close it’s all feeling now. 30 weeks on Sunday and we still have so much to do too. Still have bits to get for baby and haven’t even started on Christmas yet :dohh: Once the kids are back to school on Monday we’re going to start getting organised with the house and what we’ve got to get.

Wow some of you ladies only 8 wees to go!! Eeek!
@Laurabub84 have your kids already had the half term hols then? Mine are off this next week coming up x

I have not purchased anything big yet for baby boy. He has no crib, no stroller, no car seat, no baby carrier or wrap. And I have only purchased two small Christmas presents for one of my daughters.

I love Halloween immensely, and this year I don't even have a costume. I feel like a right mess lately.
Add to that the fact that I am massively behind in home improvement projects. :(

Wow some of you ladies only 8 wees to go!! Eeek!
@Laurabub84 have your kids already had the half term hols then? Mine are off this next week coming up x

Yes mine go back to school tomorrow. Always feels silly they have the week off and always end up back to school for Halloween so it’s always a nightmare to get them home, fed, dressed up, then needing to be home for showers before bed as it’s a school night. Just ends up being stressful instead of fun.

I have not purchased anything big yet for baby boy. He has no crib, no stroller, no car seat, no baby carrier or wrap. And I have only purchased two small Christmas presents for one of my daughters.

I love Halloween immensely, and this year I don't even have a costume. I feel like a right mess lately.
Add to that the fact that I am massively behind in home improvement projects. :(

Glad to know I’m not the only one. We are so disorganised it’s starting to make me feel panicky. Haven’t got a single thing for Xmas yet and have 5 kids to buy for. We have got our pram and crib but that’s all I’ve got so far. There’s also things we need to get done in the house before baby comes. Doesn’t help that the not sleeping is zapping my energy tho. Keep waiting for the nesting to kick in but it’s not happening so far. I’m just tired and aching all the time. Some of his movements are becoming slightly painful already which is scary when he’s just gonna get bigger and heavier

30 weeks today :happydance: potentially 8 weeks left. I really hope he does follow most of mine and comes around 38 weeks. I’m always an emotionally wreck by the end with lack of sleep and majorly uncomfortable. Really feel like the countdown is on to meeting him now. I can’t wait for newborn snuggles and it would be amazing if he was here to spend Christmas with us. I’ve always loved the thought of a newborn at Christmas. It will be a possibility when 3 out of my 5 have come 38 weeks. I’m 38 weeks Xmas eve so it’s a little worrying I could miss Christmas with the kids if he does decide to come then. Gonna feel like a ticking time bomb :haha: Really need to get buying and wrapping for Christmas just in case. Need it all done so I can stop worrying about it and I really don’t fancy trying to wrap presents heavily pregnant. I’m struggling to get shoes and socks on already :dohh:

Yes mine go back to school tomorrow. Always feels silly they have the week off and always end up back to school for Halloween so it’s always a nightmare to get them home, fed, dressed up, then needing to be home for showers before bed as it’s a school night. Just ends up being stressful instead of fun.

Glad to know I’m not the only one. We are so disorganised it’s starting to make me feel panicky. Haven’t got a single thing for Xmas yet and have 5 kids to buy for. We have got our pram and crib but that’s all I’ve got so far. There’s also things we need to get done in the house before baby comes. Doesn’t help that the not sleeping is zapping my energy tho. Keep waiting for the nesting to kick in but it’s not happening so far. I’m just tired and aching all the time. Some of his movements are becoming slightly painful already which is scary when he’s just gonna get bigger and heavier

30 weeks today :happydance: potentially 8 weeks left. I really hope he does follow most of mine and comes around 38 weeks. I’m always an emotionally wreck by the end with lack of sleep and majorly uncomfortable. Really feel like the countdown is on to meeting him now. I can’t wait for newborn snuggles and it would be amazing if he was here to spend Christmas with us. I’ve always loved the thought of a newborn at Christmas. It will be a possibility when 3 out of my 5 have come 38 weeks. I’m 38 weeks Xmas eve so it’s a little worrying I could miss Christmas with the kids if he does decide to come then. Gonna feel like a ticking time bomb :haha: Really need to get buying and wrapping for Christmas just in case. Need it all done so I can stop worrying about it and I really don’t fancy trying to wrap presents heavily pregnant. I’m struggling to get shoes and socks on already :dohh:
Happy 30 weeks! I feel the same as you about Christmas. Will be 37 weeks on Christmas day! :)

Good point about wrapping Christmas presents. I've bought most of the kids stuff now so I should really wrap them while I still can :lol: I'm definitely feeling the anxiety of not being prepared now so we're going to look at cribs this weekend and hospital bag things. Also need to buy some drawers so I can put baby boys clothes away instead of in a box on top of the wardrobe lol

Thinking of Xmas, I ordered a present for my daughter from ebay and it came already wrapped!! Didn't specify it would come gift wrapped I was so impressed haha. It was lovely paper too really well done but I had no idea what it was as I order so much stuff so had to open one end to peek in it lol :haha:
Me and the oh been busy this weekend we built the changing unit! And he went to pick up a nursing chair off fb marketplace it was only 30 quid!! I wasn't intending on having one but his mum kind of talked me into it and it is very comfy. Could do with a throw on though it's a bit grubby but... Ta da!
Now I'm feeling much more organised!

Screenshot_20231030-231048.png

I'm also feeling baby move a lot more which is reassuring, really feels real now!! Who is due first on here? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->