January/ February Snowflakes 2024

Thank ladies. I miss having paper notes. Sucks having everything online. I tried logging in to check my latest blood results and it keeps coming up with an error. Has its pros and cons I guess

I feel like I've been so busy recently I haven't had time to just stop and chill and get on bnb!
I hope everyone is doing well. Im feeling so much better since the scan, I really have relaxed a lot more and started to enjoy the pregnancy.
Although now I'm worrying about how the placenta being on the front might affect delivery, and also baby was in breech position at the scan. Anyone else have a baby in an unusual position?

I feel like I've been so busy recently I haven't had time to just stop and chill and get on bnb!
I hope everyone is doing well. Im feeling so much better since the scan, I really have relaxed a lot more and started to enjoy the pregnancy.
Although now I'm worrying about how the placenta being on the front might affect delivery, and also baby was in breech position at the scan. Anyone else have a baby in an unusual position?
At around 21 weeks, my baby was frank breech. By 24 weeks, he was head down.
I feel like since then, sometimes he feels transverse, but I am no guru.
It will be interesting to see what position he is in at my next ultrasound. Not that his position really matters much because I am having a C-section.

I wouldn’t worry too much about position at this stage. My son had me worried towards the end because he was laying transverse at 35-36 weeks coz I remember panicking about having to have a c-section because of it. I’ve never had an operation before so the thought scares me. But he switched to being head down last minute

Oh interesting! I didn't realise you were having a section @littlewitch, what's the reason for that? C

Repeat C-section. Had an induction with my first 15 years ago. Got fully dilated but never got to push due to fetal distress/bradycardia.
When I had my second daughter, I chose a repeat C-section because I didn't want to possibly go through the whole labor process again and possibly end in a section anyway. And of course, they scare you with the possibility of uterine rupture.

This pregnancy, I have to have a C-section because I already have had 2.
I think now they might be sending me to Maternal Fetal Medicine due to my new gestational diabetes diagnosis.
I have avoided it so far this pregnancy, although I am older than 35. My OB thought I was in excellent health and did not have a reason to be labeled or monitored as high risk.
But now, here we are... gestational diabetes.
I am trying not to fear all of the possibilities of effects on the baby and just move forward one day at a time in faith and trust with my gods.
I have to just trust that all will be okay.
No amount of worry is going to prevent problems or tragedy anyways.

@josephine3 my daughter was head down at my 20 week scan too. It's normal as they can move easily still. My last daughter didn't flip head down until around 29/ 30 weeks.

Starting to feel movement by my ribs and hips at the same time now so no idea which side is the feet but she may have flipped since my last check up.

Got my 4d scan in 2 hrs, I’m so excited. Praying he’s not in an awkward position. He’s having a good squirm now so I’m worried he’ll be sleeping when we get there. Going to have something to eat beforehand as recommended and try a cold glass of fizzy. I’ve never had one of these before and never been able to take the kids to a scan so I’m so excited they’ll get to come and see him too. Unfortunately we’re only allowed 5 guests and I’m not sure if that includes dh so we won’t be taking our son. I feel a little teary like I’m leaving him out but it did say if your bringing children they need to calm and quite or it affects the experience and he won’t understand to be so he’s going to Nannie’s house. Wish I could bring him tho :cry:

Enjoy your scan @Laurabub84 my wee monkey wasn't moving that much but we had a great scan still. I'm sure your son will have a great time at nannies. I think it definitely would be too distracting for you all trying to keep him calm during the scan.

Scan was amazing. He had his hand up to his face for the first half and I had to lay on my side in the end which did make it a little hard for me to see the screen properly. The kids loved it. 100% confirmed he’s a little boy. We have lots of photos and short video clips from it and dh brought me a pulse bear. We chose a dinosaur bear and when you squeeze it’s tummy it plays a clip of baby’s heartbeat which is lovely. It has left me feeling a little concerned tho because when she measured baby’s head it’s measuring at 32 weeks, so 3 weeks ahead. She said I need to make sure I mention it to my midwife so they can keep an eye on it. I’m obviously now worrying I’m going to be having a huge baby. I really don’t want to have a c-section because the thought terrifies me and after googling I’m now worried it could indicate gd as I’ve not been tested for that or even worse that he could have something wrong. On the notes she’s put down my edd that the hospital gave me which is January 7th, but then underneath that her measurements have my edd as December 20th and has me as 31+6 weeks :shock: I don’t see my midwife now for another 2 weeks. Freaking out a little
IMG_5177.jpeg IMG_5176.jpeg IMG_5175.jpeg IMG_5145.jpeg IMG_5163.jpeg

Cute scan pics, and having the heartbeat is a great momento. Hopefully the measurements may just be a bit off and it doesn't mean much. Any chance the babies hand being by his face made it more complicated to get a clear measurement?

Cute scan pics, and having the heartbeat is a great momento. Hopefully the measurements may just be a bit off and it doesn't mean much. Any chance the babies hand being by his face made it more complicated to get a clear measurement?

It was such an amazing experience and would definetly recommended it to anyone debating having one, but yeah the measurements have me a little worried now. I’m not sure if his hands would have affected it as they were more down near his mouth and she made a point of telling me twice to make sure I mention it to my midwife. I’m scared now tho that she won’t follow it up and check on it. They didn’t when they told me at the dating scan about some of his bowels still being outside his body. I had wait 9 weeks for my anatomy scan worrying the whole time he’d have gastrochisis. I’m a worrier as it is and my mind runs wild over things so I know this is gonna play on my mind now incase I end up with undiagnosed gd or that somethings wrong with him. Didn’t expect to come away with any concerns from this scan. I have 2 weeks until my next midwife appointment so it’s gonna worry me now until then. I just hope they do listen and keep an eye like she said they should

@Laurabub84 hopefully they check up on it and it's nothing to be concerned about. The worrying is the worst part of pregnancy.

@Laurabub84 beautiful photos :cloud9: hopefully the measurements were a bit off but definitely worth mentioning to your midwife. They might want to check you for GD. Have you had any symptoms? Did they mention abdominal measurment? GD babies tend to have larger AC I believe.

It was such an amazing experience and would definetly recommended it to anyone debating having one, but yeah the measurements have me a little worried now. I’m not sure if his hands would have affected it as they were more down near his mouth and she made a point of telling me twice to make sure I mention it to my midwife. I’m scared now tho that she won’t follow it up and check on it. They didn’t when they told me at the dating scan about some of his bowels still being outside his body. I had wait 9 weeks for my anatomy scan worrying the whole time he’d have gastrochisis. I’m a worrier as it is and my mind runs wild over things so I know this is gonna play on my mind now incase I end up with undiagnosed gd or that somethings wrong with him. Didn’t expect to come away with any concerns from this scan. I have 2 weeks until my next midwife appointment so it’s gonna worry me now until then. I just hope they do listen and keep an eye like she said they should
If the scan was not done at a hospital or actually physician clinic, I would not worry about the measurements. I am not certain that employees at private scan facilities have all the training, certifications and hours of clinical fetal scanning that ultrasound technicians in traditional institutions do.

Oh wow @Laurabub84 what adorable scan pics!! He's sooo chubby and cute and even smiling!! Just adorable..
There is always something to worry about it seems!! At my 20 week scan baby was measuring a week ahead by my dates... And with the abdominal circumference on 94th percentile!

@Laurabub84 beautiful photos :cloud9: hopefully the measurements were a bit off but definitely worth mentioning to your midwife. They might want to check you for GD. Have you had any symptoms? Did they mention abdominal measurment? GD babies tend to have larger AC I believe.

I don’t know what the symptoms are for gd. I tried googling but the only thing that really stands out is peeing more at night but I thought that was just a normal part of pregnancy. She only measured his head I think. Not even sure why as it was a bonding scan not a health scan. I’ll just mention it to my midwife when I next see her and tell her it’s got me a little worried.

Oh wow @Laurabub84 what adorable scan pics!! He's sooo chubby and cute and even smiling!! Just adorable..
There is always something to worry about it seems!! At my 20 week scan baby was measuring a week ahead by my dates... And with the abdominal circumference on 94th percentile!

I know I couldn’t believe how chubby he looks already. He is so cute but it’s also worried me more that he is going to be a big baby and I didn’t expect him to already look chubby. Considering he now has weeks to pile on more and I’ve been saying for weeks I can feel the weight of him and feel like I have to keep holding my bump up when I walk. My biggest baby was dd2. She was 7lb 13oz at 4 days over due and she was my most painful labour so that’s what’s worrying me about his size. My son was 7lbs 2oz at 37+5 weeks so I think if I’d have gone to 40 weeks with him he would have ended up being my biggest. I just hope it doesn’t mean somethings wrong. I’ve been so anxious the whole way through this pregnancy and was just starting to relax. I’m just wishing the time away now to his due date so I can have him here safe. This is the first time I’ve not really enjoyed being pregnant which is sad as this is 100% our last baby. But all this fear of something happening to him and how uncomfortable I am almost constantly and not sleeping well I just want him here now. Maybe it’s my body’s way of insuring I won’t get broody again :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->