January/ February Snowflakes 2024

In for my gtt test this morning. Had my first bloods taken and the drink. Sitting here trying to pass the feeling I’m going to throw up from it. It didn’t taste bad just really sweet but I can feel it sitting at the top of my stomach. Wishing I could go home and come back but it’s too much messing about so having to sit in the waiting room for 2hrs ](*,) praying so hard I pass and don’t have it [-o<

In for my gtt test this morning. Had my first bloods taken and the drink. Sitting here trying to pass the feeling I’m going to throw up from it. It didn’t taste bad just really sweet but I can feel it sitting at the top of my stomach. Wishing I could go home and come back but it’s too much messing about so having to sit in the waiting room for 2hrs ](*,) praying so hard I pass and don’t have it [-o<

Ooh does your doc allow you go home during the 2 hours? We are only allowed to wait in the waiting room, which is always a bummer cos walking around / being active after a meal always helps to process the sugar, so your sugar doesn't spike. Will u get your results immediately?

Happy 31 weeks @littlewitch ! I m sorry you need to be on bedrest but I'm glad you've made it this far after your labour scare :hugs:

@Laurabub84 and @Teanna good luck for your GTTs.

I've been dealing with a probable GD diagnosis myself - it's not official as I won't do the GTT but I've been testing my blood sugars at home 7 times a day. Most of my readings are well within normal range but every couple days I'll have one that's out of range. So it's considered diet controlled and as long as it remains so my midwife isn't worried. She's also not bothered that I won't do the GTT for an official diagnosis, since I'm doing all the things that would come with a diagnosis anyway.
I have an ultrasound tomorrow as well.

Ooh does your doc allow you go home during the 2 hours? We are only allowed to wait in the waiting room, which is always a bummer cos walking around / being active after a meal always helps to process the sugar, so your sugar doesn't spike. Will u get your results immediately?

My sil had to has the test it in all her pregnancy’s and said she was allowed to go home and come back. The lady did ask when I had the drink if I was staying so seems it would have been an option. The wait wasn’t too bad in the end as I took a couple of magazines to pass the time.

@littlewitch Happy 31 Weeks!

@Laurabub84 good luck with your gtt. I go on Tuesday for mine.

Thanks hun. Good luck for yours too.

Happy 31 weeks @littlewitch ! I m sorry you need to be on bedrest but I'm glad you've made it this far after your labour scare :hugs:

@Laurabub84 and @Teanna good luck for your GTTs.

I've been dealing with a probable GD diagnosis myself - it's not official as I won't do the GTT but I've been testing my blood sugars at home 7 times a day. Most of my readings are well within normal range but every couple days I'll have one that's out of range. So it's considered diet controlled and as long as it remains so my midwife isn't worried. She's also not bothered that I won't do the GTT for an official diagnosis, since I'm doing all the things that would come with a diagnosis anyway.
I have an ultrasound tomorrow as well.

It’s good you’re managing it yourself just in case. Good luck for your ultrasound tomorrow. Are you feeling there could be more than one in there?

@NDH be sure to update here after the ultrasound!! I can never find your other thread lol.
@littlewitch I'm glad you are at home. Have you had heart issues before or is this all new for you? I have this paranoia about having heart issues while giving birth!

@NDH be sure to update here after the ultrasound!! I can never find your other thread lol.
@littlewitch I'm glad you are at home. Have you had heart issues before or is this all new for you? I have this paranoia about having heart issues while giving birth!
I have never had heart issues before. I ran miles easily before pregnancy.
If I am honest, fears of dying suddenly now or during the C-section have been plaguing me lately. I never expected to have such a hard time with this pregnancy.

Sitting in the waiting room about to head in for my ultrasound. I feel like I'm about to be disappointed whether it's just one or two :rofl:

Won't really be able to update other than that afterwards since it will be a couple of weeks until I get results on anything other than what I can see with my eyes

Sitting in the waiting room about to head in for my ultrasound. I feel like I'm about to be disappointed whether it's just one or two :rofl:

Won't really be able to update other than that afterwards since it will be a couple of weeks until I get results on anything other than what I can see with my eyes

I hope all goes well :)

Just one baby!

All I know is s/he is definitely head down.

I had to get an internal to check n the placenta which worries me - every other pregnancy I've had an ultrasound at this gestation and been able to easily tell it was well out of the way abdominally so the fact that she said if the main purpose of my scan is to ensure I can safely have a vaginal birth she'll need to do an internal scan at the very least means it's low lying.

Fingers crossed the report comes back in the clear.

@NDH hopefully you get the all clear soon your placenta is not too low. Glad it's just one baby for your sake. I can't imagine finding surprise twins so late.

Reactions: NDH
I have never had heart issues before. I ran miles easily before pregnancy.
If I am honest, fears of dying suddenly now or during the C-section have been plaguing me lately. I never expected to have such a hard time with this pregnancy.

I can’t imagine how terrifying it is having heart issues at any time, let alone in pregnancy. I assume they are keeping a very close eye on you with everything? I’m so sorry you’re having such a hard time :hugs:

Just one baby!

All I know is s/he is definitely head down.

I had to get an internal to check n the placenta which worries me - every other pregnancy I've had an ultrasound at this gestation and been able to easily tell it was well out of the way abdominally so the fact that she said if the main purpose of my scan is to ensure I can safely have a vaginal birth she'll need to do an internal scan at the very least means it's low lying.

Fingers crossed the report comes back in the clear.

I hope you get the all clear and the placenta isn’t low enough to cause any issues with birth. You must have such mixed feelings about it not being twins. I can’t believe you’ve had the patience to wait all this time to know for sure, lol.

Reactions: NDH
I agree with Laurabub @NDH lol, you must have such patience!!! How do you feel about there just being one baby? I take it you are not finding out the sex? Hope your scan comes back all clear!!

@littlewitch Im so sorry you are going through this it must be so scary.. I wish I could say something to help :hugs:

I'm a bit worried about this update thing I hope bnb works afterwards and we can all get back on!!!

Happy 32 weeks, beautiful picture!

I haven't heard from my midwives yet about my ultrasound so I'm crossing my fingers that means my placenta isn't low enough to make a vaginal birth unsafe.

I agree with Laurabub @NDH lol, you must have such patience!!! How do you feel about there just being one baby? I take it you are not finding out the sex? Hope your scan comes back all clear!!

Definitely some mixed feelings! I have no idea how I would have coped with another set of twins without the support system I had for the last ones though, but I had found myself hoping for two anyway. But definitely feeling relieved - one will feel like a breeze after last time :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->