January/ February Snowflakes 2024

Oh interesting I don't know why I thought you ladies were older - I wonder now if I'm the oldest!! I'm having a great pregnancy so far though I can't really complain or say it's any harder than my others. I got my crib today and built it! I'm so pleased with it it was only £60 in the black friday sales!! Half off! It literally just fits where I want it too. Obviously I won't use the net and the mobile at the same time but it's stopping my cat jumping in it as he seems to think the cotbed and bouncy chair are just for him :haha:

Screenshot_20231124-230848.png

Screenshot_20231124-230805.png

Screenshot_20231124-230731.png

I'm 38 so you're not the oldest - I turn 39 two days after my due date.

And to whoever it was who asked, no I've not had a waterbirth before but I've been trying since I was pregnant with my first lol. This is my last baby so last chance to have one.

I also took advantage of black Friday sales. Finally ordered my travel system and a wearable pump and I'm half done Christmas shopping.

It's been a week, got poked for blood tests in 3 spots and they are all bruised now. On the plus side I've got my glucose test over with and my pre blood work done for the rhogham shot. I get that on Tuesday next week.

Haven't heard back yet so assume I don't have GD.

I think I’ve had a blood test at every appointment I’ve had this pregnancy. It’s been crazy. Then the added ones for the gtt, which came back fine, so I don’t have it thank goodness. I had a call yesterday to say my irons low again so that will mean yet another blood test to check on that. Been like a pin cushion. It’s a good job I’m not too fussed about needles. Jabs and blood tests don’t really bother me but the thought of ever having to have a catheter put in my hand absolutely grosses me out because they look so chunky those needles. Makes me cringe so much.
Glad you’re getting somewhere with your shopping. We’ve also made a start on Xmas shopping so not feeling as stressed about that now. I’m still reluctant to buy any baby clothes until my next growth scan because I’m worried to buy first size and then he be too big for it all, I always wash baby’s new clothes before using them so I’d be unable to return them if he is a big baby. I’m going to go through Ollies baby clothes during the week and may just wash and pack those until I know how big he’ll be after birth and then buy new

Oh wow @salamander91 that is so close!!! Do you feel prepared lol?!
I'm so not ready for this pregnsncy to be over. I know I have a while yet as only 25 weeks but I feel like it's going to go so fast. Is it possible to be broody while still pregnant?! :haha: I so much prefer being pregnant to not being lol. I'm much happier and more emotionally stable this way it just feels 'right'...
I had a thought earlier are we all 'older' mom's here? I feel like we might be, I'm 37 how about everyone else?
@NDH have you had water births before? I had one with my first but I wasn't planning on it at all and I absolutely hated it. But couldn't figure out how to get out of express what I needed. I'm sure it contributed to my 3rd degree tear as wasn't monitored enough. Lost a lot of blood too and passed out it was awful.. So I'm just saying think it over if you've not had one u might not like it!

I’m 39 and will be 40 next June which is why this will definetly be our last baby. I know I’ll definetly miss my bump when it’s gone but I won’t miss how uncomfortable I am with it. I’m still feeling very content that this is our last one and I’ve never felt like this before which is a relief. I really don’t want to get broody anymore and know I can’t have another because that overwhelming desire for it is just horrendous. I really didn’t think dh was going to agree to this baby after a whole year of me begging and getting in such a dark place over it. Even now I can’t believe it sometimes that in a few weeks he’ll be in my arms. Im so excited to meet him. But the thought of ttc again and the heartache it brings when it feels like it’s never going to happen and the chemical pregnancy’s and the thought of ever going through a miscarriage again, I just know I couldn’t put myself through that again. Yesterday marked a year since I passed our precious angel and it still kills me. I hate not knowing if they were a boy or a girl. It’s such a confusing feeling because if I hadn’t lost that baby I wouldn’t be having this baby. It’s hard to know how to feel about it all because I obviously love this little one so much but it still almost feels like I’ve replaced the one we lost. I just don’t ever want to go through that again so I’m praying I carry on feeling content after baby’s here

@Laurabub84 that's great you are so content with it being your last. I feel like there's a lot of 'last' babies happening here too, I don't feel done but at 37 now by the time we were ready again I would be 39, and the chances just get lower and lower! It took nearly 2 years to conceive this one too so I know it's very likely this will be my last I just need to convince my body of that!!

This is my last too. I probably wouldnt have felt that way and might have tried to convince DH to try for another in a year or two if it wasn't for all my losses - especially my 14 week one. I cannot go through that again.
I never thought I'd be one to go through a pregnancy *knowing* it's my last, but I'm actually quite enjoying being able to relish these lasts as much as I did my firsts. It is bittersweet though, knowing in a few short weeks that's it, my body will never carry another life inside it again.

This is our last baby too. I'm not sure I'll ever truly feel done but 4 c sections is more than enough to put my body through. Plus it took us nearly 4 years to conceive this one and I couldn't go through with that again.

@Laurabub84 that's great you are so content with it being your last. I feel like there's a lot of 'last' babies happening here too, I don't feel done but at 37 now by the time we were ready again I would be 39, and the chances just get lower and lower! It took nearly 2 years to conceive this one too so I know it's very likely this will be my last I just need to convince my body of that!!

You say that hun but this baby took me less time than my last 3 at 38 years old. The mmc before this baby I fell the first time we tried. I couldn’t believe it because I’ve always struggled with irregular cycles and chemical pregnancy’s so it was a huge shock to fall straight away. Unfortunately it wasn’t meant to be. The bleeding lasted for a month from that but we started trying again straight away at the end of December and I was pregnant by April. I thought it would take me so much longer or not happen at all because I was nearing 40 but it happened a lot quicker. So for me personally being older I had less trouble conceiving. It’s the first time I’ve experienced a proper miscarriage tho and I never want to go through that again. It’s why I’ve not really been able to enjoy this pregnancy because I’ve been full of fear the whole way through. I hate to wish time away knowing it’s my last but I do just want him here safe. It can’t come soon enough for me

This is my last too. I probably wouldnt have felt that way and might have tried to convince DH to try for another in a year or two if it wasn't for all my losses - especially my 14 week one. I cannot go through that again.
I never thought I'd be one to go through a pregnancy *knowing* it's my last, but I'm actually quite enjoying being able to relish these lasts as much as I did my firsts. It is bittersweet though, knowing in a few short weeks that's it, my body will never carry another life inside it again.

That’s why I couldn’t try again. Not that dh would ever agree to another even I did want to but losing a baby is just horrendous. I agree it is bittersweet. As uncomfortable as I’ve been for weeks and not sleeping I do still know I’ll miss my bump when it’s gone and feeling him move. It’s a hard chapter to have to close. I may not have been able to make the most of this pregnancy or enjoy it but I will certainly make the most of every second with him when he’s here. I can’t wait now, it’s getting so close. 34 weeks today :dance:

@josephine3 this was supposed to be my last pregnancy. I only really planned on having two. Initially I was going to get my tubes tied after this though my partner mentioned he may want a third. I guess now I'm holding off on that and waiting to see how #2 goes before making a final decision.

@Teanna I don't think I could ever make that decision for it to be so 'final'. I like knowing there could always be a chance, though my oh is already threatening to get the snip haha. He won't even go to the doctors to get a skin tag removed so I think I'm safe for now :haha:
Im getting paranoid about a breech baby. At my 20 week scan he was bum down, right down there in my pelvis. Im sure he's popped out now and midwife said she can feel bum or head on my right side top and bum or head left near the bottom. It feels like he's transverse the lump of what I think is head on my right is so hard and painful to me like it's pushing out. I know he's got time to move but worrying! I have that growth scan at 28 weeks so I guess I'll see what he's up to then!
Are people here seeing my signature? Or any? I'm not seeing any at all but on other threads people have said they can see mine?! So confused I wish I could see it!!

@josephine3 I wouldn't worry about his position yet. My monkey was still doing flips up until 32 weeks but seems to have settled head down now lol

Had a funny turn this morning, I had heart palpitations and nearly fainted :neutral: really freaked me out but thankfully been ok since.

@josephine3 I can't see anyone's signatures. It's really annoying not being able to see how many weeks people are lol

@josephine3 I'm usually paranoid about getting pregnant since it happens easily and I don't take birth control pills. Once I decide I'm for sure done I'm hoping to get rid of the chance so I can relax about it.

I don't see anyone's signatures either. I miss them.

@salamander91 hope things are okay, I've also been having random heart palpitations. I had them randomly before pregnancy occasionally but do feel since being in the third trimester they are feeling a stronger.

I can't see anyone's signatures either - not mine or anyone else's. Not even the first post of the page :(.

Saw the midwife today and we're all clear for a homebirth! I got a birth pack to bring home and a shopping list of other supplies to have on hand. I was quite surprised that the delivery pack included the antihemorrhage drugs to keep in my fridge - I would have thought those are things the midwives would have had to bring themselves. I don't know what the one drug is that I'm not supposed to touch, but they gave me instructions on using the oxytocin in case I have a BBA.

Baby is a great size, measuring 4 days "ahead" so slightly bigger than average but by no means big. From feeling my belly the midwife feels this baby will be right in line with the sizes of my other babies, who varied between 7 and 8 lbs. (I had two that were 7.5, two that were 8 and one that was 7, so it would be funny if this one is also 7 lol)

@NDH that's great you got the all clear for your home birth!! When are you due? Have you had homebirths before I'm guessing? That's great you have all the meds you need on hand, what's BBA? Is that same as a PPH? And what do you mean about 'drugs your not supposed to touch'? Sorry lots of questions :haha:

How is everyone feeling physically? I'm feeling very pregnant and slow now. I've just... Slowed down a lot lol. Housework is getting harder to keep up with and the school runs are taking longer to walk. Feeling very sensitive round the pelvis and nerves in my legs are on edge. I wish I had more help from oh but he works nights so can't help much in the day x

My midwife called yesterday and confirmed I passed the glucose test but did tell me I'm low on iron. I need to start taking iron and b12 supplements, saw that coming though, I've been more fatigued this time than I remember being in my first pregnancy.

Ive been feeling pretty good for 30 weeks tomorrow. SPD has stayed pretty minor so far and my acid reflux is nowhere near as bad as it usually is at this point. My back/ ribs get sore and I'm tired but overall expected to feel worse by now.

@NDH it's great you got cleared for a home birth and are getting the things you need on hand. Not much longer now. I can't believe it's December so soon!

Reactions: NDH
@NDH Glad you got cleared for your homebirth!

I'm exhausted lol 35 weeks today so only 3 weeks left. Babies movements are starting to get painful at times and just feel generally heavy.

Reactions: NDH

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonzalo123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"