January Labor Watch!

That would rightly p me off too! I just would give her straight "no" as an answer even if you are in labour that day lol. Then after just be like "oh, sorry... It all happened so fast" o. o No way I would let them see the baby before your DS1!!!!
I understand about the 19yo.... My sister is going on 19 in April and is a total brat. They seriously spoiled her as a child and she still throws fits if she doesn't get what she wants (she also has some minor bi-polar issues... But if you ask me it just seems like a bad upbringing cuz she can't come to terms with things when she doesn't get her way)
Does your hubby feel the same way about them butting in?? Good news is that a lot of women say before they go in to labour they're EXTRA pissy lol!

Bazz- good luck! It sounds promising :D I've been having cramping and tons of BH for the past 2 days. Yesterday they seemed to be coming every hour with some back ache... Until about 5pm and they stretched out to 2 hours @_@ let us know how you're getting along

I have been having them off and on for 6 hours now
Averaging 11 min apart.Some are 7 and some 15-18 min apart
Uaually lasts between 30-45 sec

Not sure if its early labour or bad Braxton

Yea hubby feels the same...I guess I wouldnt feel so peed off with it if it wasnt so bloody constant!
Ive told him im just gonna turn my phone off soon.
Ive made it clear to her that she's not going to be at the hospital yet she still drops hints such as 'if anything happens let me know as ive got the car' yet my plans have been made..my sister can drive and will be bringing my mum up to mine then taking ds1 with her then hubby will be taking us to the hospital. I dont mind her finding out when im actually in labour as if they turn up at the hospital theyll be turned away anyway.
They are the kind of people that will be sat at my door waiting for me to come home....
As horrible as it sounds im dredding the coming home as I just know they'll be waiting.
They just do my nut in now and if I dont reply to them within an hour MIL is on the phone to hubby saying 'tell Tash I sent her message' im like yeah I know.....
:(
I hope ill be a good MIL when the day comes lol

Oh Bazz :(
You wait ladies we'll all go on the same day!
X

Well at least he's with you on the feelings about the situation! Hopefully they don't intrude on your first few days of bliss with the baby too much. I do have to say, though, that at least they want to see the baby! (Even though its annoying) My husband has 2 sons by other women (yea I know. He's been a busy guy -.- that's what I get for loving an older man lol) his father seems to be not so interested at all at the fact that his son is finally having a daughter. He hasn't asked how I have been this pregnancy or when baby will be here or anything! I don't say anything cuz my hubby has tons of stuff going on atm but it really has me bummed :| the only thing he said when he found out it was his first granddaughter was "boy, you better get snipped ASAP now!" I'm like really?! His mother on the other hand couldn't be more excited. My husband is her only kid and I know she always wanted a daughter too. I'm happy to say I love love my mother in law! I know most can't say so.

Bazz- so sorry hun :( ugh.. Maybe try some nipple stimulation and squats??

I just got a sweep ladies! I asked my ob and he goes "oh I've been doing it a bit whenever I examine you anyways but I can do a full on sweep!" I was like oh ok... Please!!! Get in there good!! He did a fine sweep and it didn't hurt at all. No bleeding or spotting as I don't usually with exams. He performed it about 2 hours ago and at first I had no cramping or anything. It took till an hour after when I walked my dog for things to get rolling. I've had cramping and horrible back pains. Abdominal pain too... Lots of urges to go #2 o_o I feel like I could crap a whole house! I have had nausea on and off too.. A bit of dizziness I'm not sure if it worked but I'm trying to keep moving. Sitting down every ten min or so to make sure I don't tire myself.

I wish I could love my MIL but there's just so much about her that stops it...even my hubby has said if it wasnt for the fact he has his rally car in her garage he wouldnt have anything to do with her. Won't go into much detail but his childhood was surrounded by alcohol, different men, benefit fraud, uncleanness etc so it wasnt the best!

hope your sweep works for you...I doubt anything will happen at my app tomorrow but it cant hurt to ask I guess? X

How awful for him :( I am sorry to hear the upbringing wasn't good... Maybe soon you all can rid yourselves of her <3 doesn't sound like a very good person to have around the babies :/

No she's really not..... but due to how she is I would rather her come to our place to see baby when we are ready for visitors, ds1 is 11 so he needs some time to adjust to a new little person,than us take the kids to hers as we try to avoid visits whenever we can, even there for 5 mins and we have to change and was our clothes as soon as we get back home.... but on the otherside of things if she tries to understand why we wont visit her as much she 'might' do something about it. She also seems to think bubs will be sleeping over...I dont think so atall!
its a hard situation to be in but she needs to start taking care of things if she wants us and the kids to go there for long periods of times. And I think as a mother ive got every right to think of my kids first...she has 5 kids and none of them can stand her....it would break me if I knew my kids thought that of me...but she just seems to not care and sit in front of a computer smoking and drinking all day.... anyway another rant over lol
shall be keeping an eye out for updates from you hope it helps bring on labour and hope my midwife will do something tomorrow...ill be quite upset if not haha
x

Ugh- there's nothing I hate more than cigarette smoke -.- after my mom smokes and drinks I don't let her touch my son. I feel bad but I would rather make her feel a bit bad about it than risk my son being exposed to second hand.
I hope your MIL will at least notice what's going on and try to address it. If she really wants to see her grand kids then she will. Unfortunately, some people just don't get it ;(

Thanks! I'll update if they get worse of stop :p hopefully the pain doesn't stop (I think this is the only time in my life I'll ever say that LOL)

Ive told her she won't be smoking anywhere near him and if she smells anything like cigarettes she wont be holding nor touching him.
Ive got nothig against those who smoke but I personally dont like anything about it and dont see why us and the kids should put ourselves in a smokey environment.

Haha im the same..I just want to feel the pain! Dh thinks im insane mind you lol x
stood cooking dinner and im having like low cramps that feel like there in the top of my legs? Like the bit directly by the groin...still feels like bubs is going to fall out haha x

I was getting those yesterday! I'm so scared for these contractions to die off- I don't usually get lucky with things working for me ;( not to sound like a negative nancy. I just keep moving around and trying to keep them up!!

I used to smoke and I regret it every day (before both of my pregnancies) my husband has never even seen me smoke- he's never picked up a cigarette in his life because both of his parents always smoked and he hated it.

Hope they dont die off for you!
I used to smoke and so did dh going back years ago but as ex smokers im not sure if it makes us more negative to smoking? But id never ever ever start again. Makes me wonder how I ever did it in the first place.
my sister smokes rollups and everytime I see my niece its all I can smell on her. My sister keeps saying how she pretends to smoke with a pencil yet still continues to smoke in front of her...that would be my motivation to stop if I was going to. X

Just after I posted that they seemed to have started to die off :'( ugh! I'm so unlucky!

Yeaa if my kid pretended to smoke with anything because they saw me smoking a cig I would probably cry and toss them all immediately! But... As I said.. Some people are just different :|

How you feeling pm? Hope the sweep is all it takes to get things moving for you!!

Sorry you have such mil problems tjayne!! That would make things very stressful for you at a time where you don't need the stress!! You shouldn't have to have them come to the hospital if you don't want then, they should realize it's not all about them!

No news here, got excited last night as finally had timeable pains as well as cramping but went away around 3am, now just tired and grumpy lol! Midwife this Arvo but she won't even check me let alone do a sweep :( one week till c section

Gosh us few are so unlucky :(
I dont think ill achieve anything at my appointment tomorrow neither waiting..still at least we all know they'll be here by end of next week thats the only good thing x

Yes but my new appointment for a c section is scheduled feb 3rd lol so I gotta wait longer!!! Worth it if I can have her vaginally as I want to <3

Aww at least that gives you a little while longer to get things going!
really hoping you get the birth you want pm.Would be so gutted for you if youve gone through all this and end up with a c-section :( x

Oh - in that case I really really hope things get moving for you soon pm!!!!

Hi ladies!

Sorry for those of you going through drama. That's the last thing anyone should have to deal with so close to being due. I hope things ease up soon.

As for me, I finally had my show this morning. Was caught a bit off guard since it wasn't too mucousy (sorry tmi). So I called into my doc and they told me that since the blood was brownish and not heavy flowing and no contractions yet it was most likely my plug. Since I have an appt at 2pm today they told me to wait and let the dr. assess. Unless of course the blood gets redder and flows harder or contractions follow... which neither have happened. Just waiting til 2 for my appt and see what the doc says... getting excited it might be time!!! :happydance:

Good luck to you ladies too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->