January SnowAngels 2012, 2nd and 3rd Tri

Thanks Chobette! I feel better that i'm not alone in this! These self-help books make me feel like crap cause George just doesn't do any of the things they talk about! lol.

I try not to read too much up on those books. They end up generalizing babys, but not all babys are the same ifykwim?

Connor slept in his carseat for the first few days because he would not sleep in his bassinet, not even after he fell asleep. The doctor told us that was fine for the first couple months as long as he was getting sleep and as were we. Luckily he grew out of that in the first week lol! xx

Lol. Bless him! He sleeps well enough in his basket so long as we get him to sleep first. If he stirrs once he's been alseep a good ten minutes then he usually goes back to sleep happily enough, so long as he's in a deep sleep! lol. Sometimes he wakes up on a morning an hour after his feed, so I put him in bed with me and he sleeps another hour. I think he just likes a cuddle on a morning! I can't imagine ever putting him into his big cot in the nursery - It's so big and scary and so far away from me!

Yeah Connor sleeps in a bassinet next to our bed, for the first time I snuggled him up next to me in the bed this morning so I could catch a couple hours of sleep. Not sure when we'll put him in his own room, probably when he outgrows the bassinet. x

Ive been lucky with Shannon, she goes down in her moses basket or rocking chair and will fall asleep, but Im worried about how good she is at the moment... must be in for a bad time teething or something later on!

Dont read those books!! Every child is different, it will end up making you paranoid, I know that!

Annie would never sleep in her big cot she hated so she spent months and months sleeping in a travel with a double duvet folded up under her before moving into her big girl bed. I do have the problem with her though that she will still not go to sleep on her own and has to have someone sat with her until she falls to sleep because I used to cuddle her to sleep every night and every nap time, I regret it now!

here are my twins...3 1/2 months old already & doing great!

they are smiling, pushing up when you put them on tummy time, following you with their eyes and trying to roll over!

Attachments

• 325748_10150638721109783_501234782_11229600_1021663284_o.jpg
    325748_10150638721109783_501234782_11229600_1021663284_o.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 6
  • 431333_10150631573239783_501234782_11203662_884247696_n.jpg
    431333_10150631573239783_501234782_11203662_884247696_n.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 5
Chobette - OMG last night he was a total nightmare! Must be cause he'd been so good the night before! lol. We went to bed at 10.30pm, both me and OH as it's the weekend. George was ready for feed so we figured we'd feed him, put him to bed then go to sleep. However, he had different ideas! He was thrashing about half way through his feed, kicking me, whinging and everything. I burped him, cuddled him and he would calm down, start rooting, but when I put bottle in his mouth he started doing it again! Eventually OH took over as I was getting frustrated. He managed most of his bottle in the end but still wouldn't settle, so OH put him down in the bed between us, and he went right to sleep, and the little monster slept there for 4 hours! He's never gone that long between a feed before! Only problem was, I couldn't sleep for fear of him overheating or OH rolling on him (he's a deep sleeper!) so I spent the 10.30pm - 2.30am mostly awake or dozing, stiff (as I can't sleep on that side normally) and uncomfortable! OH fed him when he woke up at 2.30am and he went down in his basket next to the bed and we both got 2 hours sleep. When he woke up again I fed him, and he went to sleep, but only slept for an hour and 15 mins and was awake again! I was shattered by this point, so I tucked him up next to me in bed and he fell to sleep again, and I managed to doze on and off for another hour or so. Having him in the bed would be fine if it weren't for the fact that I still can't sleep cause i'm scared of him getting too hot! For anyone who co-sleeps or sometimes puts baby in bed with them - do you strip them off first or what? I made sure he just had his blanket on him and not our duvet, as it's a thick feather one and I was sure he'd suffocate under it! But his hands were warm and I know they're meant to be colder than the rest of him, and his neck and back felt really warm! Our bedroom is always between 17-18 degrees Celsius.

It's so hard in the middle of the night when you just want to catch a few hours but you can't get them to settle! He goes from content to fidgety and whingey and I never know why!!

Kezz - bless him, that's how Connor is sometimes, but Connor gets gassy during the night occasionally. I have slept with him in our bed a couple times now. I keep him dressed, we have the fan rotating in our room. If I notice he gets to hot I remove blankets. He does fine in the bed. Just need to get him to start self settling for naps. xx

Daisy - they are gorgeous and getting so big xx

Don't know about anybody else but I just feel strange. Like I want to sleep and cry all the time. I know I have loads to be happy about but I don't feel happy. I feel down and like I'm just kinda drifting along. I don't know if its because I'm sick and not getting better and stuck in the hospital or if me and OH are on our last legs or what but sometimes I don't even want to get out of bed to look after zac. Instead of cuddling him I'm more than happy to just let him lay there looking around in his cot.however when my OH does something with him I go ott potective. Its like I can't win. I'm actually crying writing this post. I feel like a shit mum.

17 - my first week I felt a bit like that. I cried every evening, sometimes more than once, and couldn't explain why to OH. I just wanted to sleep I was so tired, and I almost resented George for not letting me sleep some nights. It all felt like too much. It did get better and I'm not very teary anymore...only if i've had a really bad nights sleep...

You really need to be able to talk to someone, so if you can't talk to OH is there anyone else you can talk to about it? It really does help to share it and cry it out!

17 -- I would talk to someone about it, I had that for the past couple weeks, with it only getting better recently. It's hard with a newborn and even harder being in the hospital. xx

17 When I had my first daughter and we were in hospital for only 3 days I cried the whole time! Talk to someone otherwise the chances are it could get worse when you get home x

Does anyone know of any bed guards that work with a king size bed??

Broke down when my mum came.OH is going home for the first time In 17 days tonight. I burst out crying when he said that and said I couldn't look after zac and that he would die. :/ I haven't been hearing him at night as oH has been getting and seeing to him. I'm paranoid about not hearing him when I'm sleeping. My mum told the midwifes and I broke down again because I thought if they thought I couldn't cope that they would take him away.bloody hormones ey! Zacs going with the midwifes for the night after his 12pm feed so I can get some sleep. Am currently on a homone high from pumping. Wonder how long this is gunna last!

17 - make sure you do talk to someone. I had PND with dd1 and was in dreadful denial about it and it really effected me. I was a wreck and it got harder to deal with the longer I tried ignoring it. You have had a really rough pregnancy and since birth too so dont be too hard on yourself, there are so many changes going on in your life and body you need to take care of yourself.

Kezz - I really dont like to have Melody in bed with us, it worries me. I spent an hour and a half settling her in her moses basket last night, trying my hardest to not to reach in a pick her up and cuddle her to sleep, but that doesnt help either of us and I certainly dont get any more sleep doing that. So after all the rocking of the basket (why oh why didnt we get a rocking stand!!) and some gentle shhh noises from me MK finally dropped off to sleep and slept from 12.30am to 7.30am when I needed to wake her up for school run.
She'll probably be the world biggest grump today but the sleep was definitely worth it!

Oh, and I hate snow.

Thanks everyone :flower:
The doctor told me that everyones really impressed with how I'm coping as I've been so so sick. Actually sicker than I felt and thought. Turns out I had a hemmorage during my section and contracted septacemia. There now talking about building me back up and maybe going home soon! Feeling so much more positive today progress is being made! :happydance:

Kezz is the bed guard for George to sleep next to? I dont want to sound patronising or anything but I wouldn't want Shannon sleeping next to a bed guard. We have one on Annie's bed and she is a big two year old and she sleeps right into it and I get worried she will wedge herself into it.... actually did get her arm stuck one night!

Zacs just been diagnosed with oral thrush.he's on medication 4 times a day now but waiting for the midwifes to come do a swab and show me how to give him the medication and when and all that stuff

Zacs just been diagnosed with oral thrush.he's on medication 4 times a day now but waiting for the midwifes to come do a swab and show me how to give him the medication and when and all that stuff

Nathan has it too, but I put gentian violet in his mouth twice a day and it has cleared it up

LM - yes it's for George to sleep next to. He has been sleeping occasionally in my bed and has been fine, but I just wanted an extra something so I know he's not gonna fall out the side! He won't be sleeping right against it, and he doesn't really move much in his sleep (and I am a light sleeper so always got an eye on him) so I think it'll be ok. But will test it out when it comes first to see how safe it is!

I've had a seriously rubbish day. George was awake from 9am until 1.30pm... with just a half hour nap in the middle... he was restless, whiney, crying a little bit now and again, and wouldn't stop thrashing around when I tried to cuddle him. I got really upset (having not had much sleep) and cried and then felt like the most rubbish mum cause I dunno what was wrong and I can't settle him. OH is back at work full time tomorrow and I'm so worried George will be the same and i'm not going to cope. :( HE only went to sleep this afternoon cause OH came home and put him in the car and drove round with him till he fell asleep. I can't drive yet cause of the c-section :( I feel totally rubbish tonight

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->