January SnowAngels 2012, 2nd and 3rd Tri

Can someone please advise me? We've woken up this morning with George's eye glued shut. It's weeping yellow gunk. We've cleaned it with boiled water and cotton wool, so it's clear at the minute, but dunno what to do. Why do dcotors close on a sodding weekend it pees me right off! Is it urgent enough to see out of hours doctor at the hospital or should we just keep bathing it until Monday and take him in then if it's no better? I'm scared of it getting worse - his eye is a bit puffy and pink? :(

YAY! Shannon is now 8lb 14ozs so just over birth weight! Quite relieved now!

Kezz waking in the night does get easier, Im still up in the night with Annie sometimes and shes 2 and a half! Before you know it it will just be instinct to drag yourself out of bed and sit there getting them back to sleep. I have to admit though I have been allowed to sleep in in the mornings but no such luck next week!

Kezz I have exactly the same thing with Shannon's eye and have had for about a week. I phoned the doctor yesterday and he said just clean it with boiled water and cotton wool, if it gets red and inflamed take her to get some eye drops. Apparantly its very common because their tears ducts arent always fully developed. My MW also suggegested squirting breast milk on it if you have any left!

Thanks LM. Luckily the out of hours doctor eventually rang us after the nurse from NHS direct contacted him! Took bloody hours. So we took him to the doc at the hospital and he now has some drops. It is quite red and a bit puffy. Looked a lot worse this morning though!

Anybody established breastfeeding after ff for a few days? Feeling a lot stronger and am a lot more mobile so will be able to position easier and keen to have a go! Boobs like rocks though :/

Kezz- I was doing fine with waking up in the early morning, but we started a new schedule since DH goes back to work tomorrow. He does the early morning feeds and then he'll go to bed and I'll take over from there. Now I would so struggle waking up early morning.

17 -- I also decided to FF based on the pain of my c-section. I didn't even get to hold and feed my son til the next day. My son is a little jaundiced as well, but the doctor didn't seem too concerned about it. I see him on Tuesday and see what he says about it then. He also looks fake tanned. Take it easy, it does get better xx

This is what is worrying me, I have always breastfed my kids, and this is my first section and I am worried that the pain will stop me doing what I want :( The community midwife is supportive and stuff, but I have on principle bought NO bottles or steriliser as I want to experience what I am used to. It helps me to read about how others have managed tho. Sadly it looks like my 25th Jan due date baby will be a 2nd Feb baby now!!

Kezz- I was doing fine with waking up in the early morning, but we started a new schedule since DH goes back to work tomorrow. He does the early morning feeds and then he'll go to bed and I'll take over from there. Now I would so struggle waking up early morning.

17 -- I also decided to FF based on the pain of my c-section. I didn't even get to hold and feed my son til the next day. My son is a little jaundiced as well, but the doctor didn't seem too concerned about it. I see him on Tuesday and see what he says about it then. He also looks fake tanned. Take it easy, it does get better xx

This is what is worrying me, I have always breastfed my kids, and this is my first section and I am worried that the pain will stop me doing what I want :( The community midwife is supportive and stuff, but I have on principle bought NO bottles or steriliser as I want to experience what I am used to. It helps me to read about how others have managed tho. Sadly it looks like my 25th Jan due date baby will be a 2nd Feb baby now!!

Don't let the pain stop you if that's what you really want to do is BF. My heart was never 100% in it and when I got out of surgery and the pain was so bad, I just never attempted it as I didn't get the skin to skin contact or really see him until the next day. x

crazy - Please don't be worried about the pain. I found it difficult the first day, but I had skin to skin and was BF within 1 hour of the section! I managed to lift him out of his cot through the night when I needed to feed him, and just called the mw to help with changing him as I couldn't manage that. The next day I was up and about and changing and feeding him without too much of a problem. I only gave in the BF because latching on was a bit of a problem and he was losing too much weight, and I wasn't enjoying it anymore because I found it too stressful. If you want to BF, and you know what you're doing, you will be fine!

Anybody established breastfeeding after ff for a few days? Feeling a lot stronger and am a lot more mobile so will be able to position easier and keen to have a go! Boobs like rocks though :/

I would maybe pump so that your boobs arn't so hard or baby wont latch. just keep trying and they will get it. Or you can pump in between to try to establish your milk in case it went away
I know it can be done b/c my babies were in NICU for 7 & 9 weeks and they still came home able to breastfeed

Being transfered to delivary suiete for a couple of blood transfusions over night. Its breaking my heart that I'm to sick to go home and properly enjoy my little man

:hugs: 17 -- Crossing fingers you get better soon and go home to enjoy your little man. xx

Oh girls its my first day at home with my girls on my own as OH has gone back to work.

Its was going so well until I got us ready to go out. Just as we went to leave Shannon needed a nappy change so I took her nappy off and she pooed all over me, so then I had to get changed too, and then I had to wait 20 minutes for a bus and when it came they wouldnt let me on because it already had pushchairs on it... so I gave up and came home and now feel rubbish!

mummytobee - I hope you are all better soon! How poo being stuck in the hospital!

LM - you poor thing! I think you were brave trying to go out... i'm fine going out with OH, provided George has had a feed and gone down to sleep well... but I don't think I could do it on my own just yet. He's too unpredicctable and i'd be so worried i'd be stuck out with a screaming child or something!

Does anyone else find the sound of their baby crying really difficult to hear? Even if it's just for a few minutes... i find it painful to hear and feel like i'm going to cry myself when I hear it!

Kezz I dont mind hearing Shannon cry for a couple of minutes at feeding time or something like that, I think its good for her to find her voice, if she was inb pain it would be a different matter.

We tried doing controlled crying with Annie last year when putting her to bed and hearing her scream solid for 10 - 20 mins was agony, thankfully it only lasted 3 nights and we had to stop it because she was making herself sick I dont think I couldve handled it any longer!!

When does your OH go back to work? Are you nervous?

He goes back on Wednesday, working mornings until Monday, and then Tuesday he's back full time. To be honest I am dreading it! I don't know why, but I think night feeds is partly scaring me cause I don't want OH to get stressed out getting no sleep. Partly i'm scared in case he won't settle and he cries a lot, cause i'll turn into a wobbly emotional wreck!! It may not be as bad as i'm expecting, but I think i've worked it up in my head so it's making me very panicky!

Kezz - I was the same with my husband, he went back to work on Saturday. Luckily he works a little later in the afternoon and can help with the early morning routine. He hasn't complained about it. At first when Connor screamed and fussed, I was a nervous wreck, now I am completely fine with him. You will get used to it and it won't bother you, you'll do great :thumbup:

Just a little update. My little bundle of joy was born 1/26/12 @ 10:23 p.m. We named her Olivia Lauren. She was 7 lbs 13oz and 19 inches long. We couldnt be happier everyone is doing well. Going tomorrow for our first check up.
I was induced the morning of 1/26 at 6:00 and it was a great experience! Thank goodness for epidurals!

Thanks for all your wishes. I had 4 bags of blood today and feel a bit better. However right now I feel like I do before I got the blood and my temp is up again 38.8. Feels like a never ending circle and no matter what the doctors do nothing is working.

Did anybodys LO have a huge appatite? Zac is taking around 60-80ml and has taken as much as 120ml at feeds and he's 6 days old tommorow?
I am now combi feeding him and just managed to express 140ml :D
Hope everyone is good!

Oh mummy2bee - I feel for u I really do! Must be awful stuck in hospital I hope they sort u out soon so u can go home! You're doin really well coping with the LO at the same time bet ur exhausted!

I have (yet another) question - George hasn't pooed since yesterday morning. He's been grunting and pushing half the night. Is there any chance he is constipated? He was having 2-3 dirty nappies a day, and now nothing and I'm worried!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->