January SnowAngels 2012, 2nd and 3rd Tri

I can guarantee I will be asking for an epidural! I have no shame is getting the drugs :)

HI guys, Did you miss me! haha! Been MIA a while, been checking in but not had time to sit down, working nights this week and unbelievably im sleeping better (better than night shifts non pregnant not actually better!lol)

LM Usually if you have had C.pox you develop an immunity to it, however it you and your family tend to suffer more than once then it is worth seeing GP, or MW and have a blood test to test for Varicella . On the other hand, if you do get it at this stage you will be fine. the main risk if you were to get it just before giving birth as you can pass it on to the baby once its born and they can be quite poorly but at 23wk or so you will feel ike crap but no additional risk to baby.

Nothing else really to report here, baby is moving well now, bump is ever growing as are my ankles n my arse evidently lol
24wks today it is going fast but not quite fast enough x

Thanks everyone for being so kind, and I appreciate your thoughts. I really hope the doctor will just give in, and i'm determined to be strong and demand what I want. Problem is whenever I talk about it I end up in tears and I don't wanna be persuaded to something else cause I can't stand up for myself! Perhaps if I just act like a petulant child and say 'well I won't let you examine me whatever happens' they will decide a c-section is definitely for the best!!

We went to a nearly new sale today and got a car seat for £10 and some clothes. Finally for the curtains up in the nursery, just need a rug and a lampshade now and it's all done! Got up at 7am to go, then went to lincoln shopping, and now I'm completely exhausted and will sleep really well tonight!

LM - hope everything's ok! Haven't you had chicken pox before?

Does anyone else's little ones wake up at dead on the same time every night? Mine wakes up at 9pm and starts moving wildly for about an hour. This is when I usually go lay upstairs so I can watch the belly move and talk to him! It's lovely.

Daisy - don't blame you with the epidural. One is enough to push out, nothing wrong with a bit of pain relief! I must say I've never understood when people say 'i want to do it naturally'. I just want my baby... the process of getting him out doesn't bother me... the quicker and less painful it is the better! haha

Yes Kezz, Ive had chicken pox twice! Thanks for all the advice everyone, Im sure baby will be fine, will just have to deal with a grumpy and itchy two year old if she catches them!

Totally agree with the whole epidural thing, I had it once and will be asking for it again if I need it! I have to say Daisy if it was me having twins I think I would take the C-section, I admire you for wanting to do it vaginally!

I guess I am scared of the unknown. I've never had a section and have no idea what to expect. At least vaginally I know what to expect. Oh hell, I'm scared all around with twins!

I feel like poo! We have all have a cold now and I was up from 12.30am - 3.30am for no reason. Did get to feel baby doing some big kicks though which was nice.

:hugs: daisy I think knowing what to expect is some times worse, I'm getting a little nervous xxx

LM sorry your feeling poohy Hun :hugs: hope ur feeling better soon, but yeahy for big kicks

My bean must have moved so I'm feeling it more which has put my mind at ease loads, I hate being worried all the time, can't wait for jan. Place near me has an offer of 4d scans £60, thought that was a bargain never been keen on them before but after the last few days or worry I'm seriously considering one. Also just done the ring gender test that came back with boy, I'm itching to know what flavour I'm hatching

true lintu, my birth with DD went smooth and worry free. I keep thinking maybe I only get one easy birth:) Maybe the next one will be awful. Doctors keep saying as long as baby A is head down they will try for a vaginal, but if baby B is breached I am scared they will flip him and I have heard it is very uncomfortable and comes with risks like tearing the placenta. So I am VERY nervous about that! Bot are head down and I know they can move up until the last minute...but I don't want baby B to move!

LM- sorry you are not feeling well:( Hope you all get better soon

Hello all! Long time, I know. :( I'm bad at checking in regularly. Just been plain busy here lately. I can't believe how great you ladies look!! My boss told me yesterday that I don't look pregnant. I just look like I've gained a bit of weight around my middle. *sigh* 24 week doctor's appointment revealed that I've only gained 3lbs total for the ENTIRE pregnancy so far. The nurse said everything is right on for my measurements and the doctor didn't say anything about the "lack" of weight gain. Fun delelopment last night- hubby felt out little girl kick for the first time!! It was so cute to see his face light up. She kicked him square on the palm of his hand. Can't wait until she's here!!

24 weeks today finally!!

Still feel awful though, had a temperature and the sweats this morning. Annie's ill and grumpy too which really doesnt help, especially as I have loads to do today and just cant be bothered.

FM - Thats lovely that your OH felt the baby, everytime our baby is kicking and I call my OH as soon as he puts his hand on my belly it stops! He finds it really frustrating!

5-a-side-why does your statis say worried is everything ok

Having a rough time at home hun, OH lost his job and we're getting very little help. We've put the house up for sale as currently we can only pay the mortgage for a few months more. We get JSA (which is a payment from the government while you look for work, but its not alot when there isnt much else coming in and so much going out) Things just couldn't come at a worse time so I'm just worried about the present and the future.

Sorry your having a crap time 5, hope u get sorted soon :hugs:

Well iv been for another scan today and all is fine, baby is breach hence not feeling much at the moment, it was playing with it's toes xxxx so cute

5- I am so sorry you are dealing with a rough time. it's no fun at all to worry about what will happen to your family. Try try try to stay as stress free about it as you can. I know thats hard to do:(

Lintu- I love seeing baby playing in the womb:) Mine were touching their faces last time I saw them. I wonder if they touch each other? I read they can feel each other because the lining between them is so thin, but i would love to see them playing together:)

5-a-side- i am so sorry i remember how that feels to not have money at all we just came out of that and it can cause all nervous complications and marriage trouble i will keep you close to my heart, thoughts and prayers

:hugs: 5 a side. I know how you feel what with my OH being made redundant. We dont have a mortgage so I cant understand that stress but is there not some kind of help you can get with the mortgage? I hope everything gets better for you soon.

I cant believe I still have to wait another 4 weeks for a MW appointment, I havent seen her since I was 16 weeks!

I'm sorry to those of you having a hard time at the minute, especially 5-a-side, that must be really stressful. Fingers crossed for you that everything goes right in the end, i'm sure it will.

I'm struggling through each day of work with painful ribs and backache and trying not to take paracetamol. I can't imagine being able to carry on like this nearer to Christmas, but I don't wanna take time off early and lose more time with the baby, so I must persevere through it!

Not felt as much movement last couple of nights from the little man. Usually he wakes up at 9pm and keeps kicking me for about half an hour, but instead i've had more random movements and kicks and different times. I'm just grateful he's still kicking me, but I liked always knowing when he would wake up. Maybe it's just a temporary glitch, or he's moved further back so I can't feel him so much... dunno. Though he gave me a wallop in the bath earlier like i've never felt before! Nothing since though really. Come on little man, give me some movements!!

horrid isnt it Kezz, thats how iv been last few days, had gotten used to babies routine then it all changed, worried as hell i was but it's just down to the position its gotten itself in to :hugs:

OMG i feel like shit not morning sickness sick but so achy i cant even tell you how bad my body is feeling. i am so tired and can not sleep. i am over being pregnant hahaha naw just ready for some time to rest. i think my baby had ADD all it does is wiggle

Thank you all so much for the words of support and empathy, baby Melody must know when I'm feeling down as she gives a little wiggle of reassurance to help me through.
Its amazing how much our bodies have been through so far and we've still got 1/3 left yet! Kezz - I feel for you, you've got a really demanding job to deal with so its not easy just to take 5 minutes to relax.

At what date is a baby classed as Viable?

5 baby is viable at 24 weeks.

I cant wait to feel better, I just hope baby doesnt feel as crappy as I do!

Kezz your baby must have moved up quite high already to be hurting your ribs. My bump is still really low and I still have loads of pressure on my downstairs regions. I had to leave work early with Annie beacuse I had high BP and SPD but I was lucky becuase my employer decided to put me on 'gardening leave' so I got 2 weeks paid leave just before she was born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->