January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

my understanding is that it's not where the fertilized egg implants, it's which side the placenta is on of the baby. and around 9 weeks when the placenta actually implants and starts taking over it's no longer accurate. it has to be looked at before 9ish weeks when the placenta is forming, but not actually implanted yet.

can someone please explain skull theory to me??? this is one I have seen people on here taking guesses of, but never looked into it at all. how accurate and how does it work??

That ramzi thing semed complicated, and I never thought to ask! I don't think the way baby is facing says much about where the placenta implanted?

I'm not very good with any of those kinds if guesses, I have no idea how other women have such a strong guess from an early untrasound picture.

I tried looking at mine at 9 weeks 5 days, but the lady was in training so they aren't the best.

This was the first time I heard of the Ramzi Theory, and I never had early ultrasounds with DD or DS, so I have nothing to compare this one to.

Skull theory is boys have more squared or boxy skulls and girls have rounded skulls. Going by this, my beans skull is quite round, so another test pointing at girl for me :D

I somehow got a burst of energy out of nowhere, and just sitting here I felt extremely lazy, so I got up and actually went to the gym :) walked on an incline on the treadmill for 40 mins, then lifted some weights. Hoping I feel well enough and motivated enough to keep going!

Wow lockandkey!! Check you out!!! I don't even have the energy to think about exercising :rofl: I think you may be having a girl :D

So looking at my avatar pic, what would you say? Baby was looking up. And I was 9+2. Not sure if that matters.

haha, well it wore me out, which is exactly what I needed because I've been getting crappy sleep lately.

Looking at your scan pic, it's a bit hard to tell, but baby looks like it is leaning ever so slightly to the left, so my guess would be girl. Was your ultrasound done as transvaginal or across the stomach? (I forgot the technical term for that already :X )

I can't remember with this sonogram which one it was. Since I had four already for the sch, it could have been either way.
What about by skull theory??

Hope you sleep better. I'm quite sleep deprived lately. Usually up from 3-5 at least. Last night it was 3-6:15 :(

haha, after I had posted I figured you probably wanted skull theory over ramzi since you were just asking about it on the thread, oops :haha:

It's a bit hard to tell since the avatar photo is so small, and the skull kind of touches the wall (is that right? I'm horrible with these proper terms) above, so it's difficult to see the full shape, but maybe it looks a bit boyish?

Of course this also depends on the shadows and where they were at the time the photo was taken, just a teeny movement of the wand will cause the visible lines to change. I have a few scan photos from my 13 week scan where the skull looks more boxy and boyish, and a few where it looks more rounded and girly, so it can get a tad tricky.

ugh, that really stinks, and I totally sympathize. My sleep schedule is quite similar. I've tried cutting out all caffeine entirely and taking an iron supplement with orange juice right before bed. That most often helps, but I usually have awful insomnia. One night I was unable to fall asleep until 4am, then of course 2 hrs later my other children were up :(

My mw has given me a lavender essential oil to help relax me and go to sleep. I've only tried it one night and it seemed to help some.

Thank you! Yes it is tricky!!!

I honestly don't know how women make such sure guesses on these things lol

Yep same thing happened to me. Was up til 3 something before I feel asleep. Is there anything more frustrating???

Maybe I should get some lavender essential oil

it is! It's practically torturous! I've had RLS and insomnia issues in all of my pregnancies, so I fully expected it would happen again, it's still so difficult to get through though.

Secretly I block my kids into the living room in the morning after I've fed them breakfast, turn on the tv, and let them watch cartoons while I continue napping some more on the couch >_>

I'm sure it sounds awful, and I feel awful, but it's the only way I am managing to survive without stressing out or becoming a miserable mess. The last thing I want to do is be grumpy and awful to my kids due to lack of sleep.

I don't know either, but I'd guess they are much more experienced than I am. I've been wrong quite often, so now I either just guess for fun, or not at all.

Hey you have to do what you have to do!!! I have gotten them all in my living room And laid down to rest after a really bad night thinking I just need to rest for a second and next thing I know I have been asleep for half an hour and one of them is waking me up asking for something :blush: not my finest moment but I know they are safe

Definitely all this stuff is for fun!

I'm glad you understand, and that's exactly my thoughts. I know they are safe in the living room, it's the only way I am comfortable enough to fall back asleep. Of course they end up being so loud when playing together that I don't stay asleep for long anyway :haha:

Morning girls :)
13 weeks today! Wow.
I could be having my gender scan 3 weeks today but there fully bookeduuntil the first August so I've got to wait til then .
I really think it's a boy buy i don't no if that's because I just assume it's a boy because I have two already and I don't want to pin my hopes on a girl and be disappointed with a boy. Even tho ino ill be happy either way. I would really really like a girl. I think my scan pic looks like a boy tho lol. & most Ppl have guessed boy on the babynub.com but aren't certain cause they thinktthe cord is running over where tje nub would be i have no idea lol.
Time will tell.
My pregnancy book says I'm in second tri today but ill wait until next week to join lol x

Happy 13 weeks hun. Xx

I can't believe I am now heading towards 12 weeks. I feel truly blessed. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"