January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

I haven't done any tests so far this time. I'm just having a tough time even remembering I'm pregnant, I have zero symptoms!

I might do the ring test and baking soda test tonight and see what it comes up with.

I do know the Chinese calendar says boy.

I'm not really craving sweet or salty, but I generally hate salt food anyway. I'd say my distaste for salty food us even higher now. So that means girl.

My mil says girl, and she's usually right.

Well my oh thinks it's a girl this time he said boy for both my nboys and was right so we will see x

I haven't done any yet and not to sure on how to do them.

I can't believe my ticker is reading 11 weeks today (Although by my last scan baby is measuring 2 days ahead so 11w 2d)

I feel truly blessed to be here! I am thinking Girl but that Is only because I keep dreaming of buying lots of girl dresses at the ntl sale. Lol. I felt lucky to get a boy after 3 girls in a row, So def thinking girl this time, Although hubby thinks boy. Xx

Donna- my hubs has been right all but once. I think I have only been right a couple times. I have no maternal instinct for gender it seems lol

I'm the same as you Blessed, I have no clue as to what gender this baby may be, and I was completely wrong with DS, I was so convinced he was a girl, and he most certainly is not, so I'm not attempting to guess one way or the other, and looking at boy and girl names equally, and boy and girl products equally as well.

Although I will say that I do not like the all out pink themes, too much of one color becomes a tad overwhelming for me. If we do have another girl, I will probably end up buying a gender neutral newborn rocker.

Lockandkey- I don't even tell people my guesses anymore lol. It gets old being wrong every time. I just say I have no clue.

Oh that's really soon Mushy! You're so lucky, I'm jealous.

As for me, they are making me wait until 20 weeks, the 17th of August. I asked the nurse at the desk if I could be seen a little bit earlier and if they could make it for 18 weeks instead, but she said "Nope," so I'm stuck waiting :brat:

I'm scheduling at a private place. My hospital won't do any more scans unless they're worried until 20 weeks. I'm just too impatient to wait!

I have to wait to 18-20 weeks as well, horrible! xP
I say mine is boy, because everyone else is saying girl. So either I'll be right about it and brag, or I'll be wrong and secretly glad because I'd love a girl. There's a lot of pressure for a girl on both side of the familly too, poor OH's mother had wanted a girl badly and got 2 boys, first and only grandkid so far is a boy, you see the picture xP

Everyone is saying girl for me too Danna, and I'm secretly hoping they are all right, even though I'm telling everyone I'd be fine with either.

Finding names is the biggest challenge for me right now. There is a list of names I "sort of like" but nothing I've fallen in love with for either gender. It's horrible. I've probably looked over hundreds of names by now.

My gender scan is booked for July 24 when I'll be 16 weeks!!

They make you wait until 20 weeks to find out here (booo) so we're going to WA to find out.

I have no real instincts either way either, though more signs point to girl than boy.

I have no feeling on what I'm having. I did the baking soda test, and it said boy. But when I did it with ds it said girl, so I don't know, I might be backwards.

I'm hoping for a girl, but would be thrilled with a boy as well.

yay mushy! that's so close!! the two times I did the baking soda test it was wrong both times for me too.

If I wasn't having the verifi test done I would have to go private or wait til 18-20 weeks. boo. thankfully I'll have a good idea next Tuesday and know for sure by the end of next week :happydance:

can't wait to start seeing some more genders :)

ok ladies, do any of you know about the ramzi theory? It apparently has a 97% accuracy.

Here's the basic breakdown, but you will need an early ultrasound pic that was done before week 10

This largely depends on which side the placenta is on and which side the baby has implanted on, so the location of the placenta.

If the baby implanted on the left = girl!
97.5% of females implant on the left

If the baby implanted on the right = boy!
97.2% of males implant on the right side

In your scan pics, if the baby is facing the right, it would be a boy, and if the baby is facing left, it would be a girl.

But the style of ultrasound you had done can change the results. If you had an abdominal ultrasound, it is mirrored, so if your placenta is on the right, that actually means it's on the left (which would indicate GIRL). If your placenta is on the left, that means it's actually on the right (Which would indicate BOY). If you had a transvaginal u/s, everything is exactly how it is in your uterus, so left placenta = GIRL and right placenta = BOY.

I had a transvaginal scan, and baby was facing left, so for me this would indicate girl :) what about you ladies?

I had heard the science behind it was much more complicated than that. a girl on here sent me the science research paper written up on it and it was just too confusing for me to get it all down.

the TV and TA u/s does make a difference, but you also have to know whether or not the u/s wand is facing the right way or not. if it's facing sideways or upside down it will be backwards on the picture making it opposite of what you see.

I have a couple u/s from early on, but there was just too many things that can make a difference so I didn't bother looking. I could look at my pics again and see, but I don't know how they were holding the wand or anything. so I figured it wouldn't help me in knowing.

just looked at my pic from 5.5 weeks and placenta was on right for TV u/s. so that would be girl if wand wasn't flipped around?? is that right?? I think the girl on bnb confused me even more about it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->