January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

LockandKey- hope your deductible is met soon! wonder if it starts over in January? If that's so it may make the birth very expensive :( sorry you have to wait so long for gender, boo.

sportysgirl- hope your scan letter is soon!

happybun- yay for monday!!

lesh- it can be very scary, but stay strong. :hugs:

PitaKat- that's very scary about your DH! I would probably choose not to go either :nope: maybe you guys can plan something more peaceful together??

Heather- you look lovely!! <3

Danna- how exciting! can't wait to hear :)

Yes it automatically starts over every January, so there's a good chance this birth will be quite expensive. I'm trying to go for as little intervention and medication as possible to help lower the cost. With DS I had an epidural in for only an hr, but that was after being in slow labor for 30 hrs, and that was all the medical intervention I had, so hoping this time I have next to none.

So cute, Heather!

Yeah, we'll probably avoid the firework show (fireworks aren't allowed in city limits, but some people do still set them off), and watch a movie and eat ice cream or something. His PTSD is more mild and he's been proactive in seeking help for it, he went to therapy for a year after getting out of the military. He may be able to watch fireworks in the future, but I think we'll give it more time and skip it this year.

Lock, I'll be trying for a birth with as little intervention as possible too.

Hi ladies. The bleeding is calming again. I think I am going to be having this for a while, Just hoping the SCH isn't getting bigger which is the reason for the bleeding! Baby's heart is still beating in the 150 range. So baby is holding on in there. 36 hours till my scan and hopefully I will have some more answers. Xx

My hubby worked at the same aircraft company for the last 15 years and recently got laid off and started working at another one so I honestly have no idea how our insurance works. Kinda scary. I need to look into it.

Pitakat- honestly that sounds lush to me. I can seriously live without fireworks. There are only certain ones legally allowed in our city limits, but I live on the edge of those limits so my neighborhood can drive 5 minutes and get the illegal ones. They will be popping all night and I always say if my babies get woke up I'll strangle someone lol.

Lesh- praying for you. It can be scary, but just hang in there

Reading how you poor ladies have to
Sort out insurance or pay for healthcare is so sad
We are such a lucky country to have all out treatment free

Morning girls Ohh I'm tired . I think my energy is slowly coming back tho as I'm lasting much later before I got to bed again these days lol
yh I'm the UK and we gave the. Nhs so our healrhcahealth care is free. X
Yay I've moved up a block on my ticker! X

Ooo Donna my friends a trainee midwife around your area

We are very lucky thousands worth of treatment for free

I think she may be in Sandwell hospital this year do they do maternity there lol

I don't think our health care is so bad. From what I understand the UK still has to pay for it, it's just taken out before you guys even see it. Is that right? Maybe out of taxes or something? But I love having the freedom to choose too. I feel so bad when I hear someone is stuck with some dr or midwife that they really don't like. It's definitely worth it to me having unlimited choices for who I want to see. And also having the freedom to ask for whatever testing I want. I have some friends over there that couldn't even get simple tests run since that just isn't their protocol. But I can go to my gp or my ob and ask them to run whatever I want and they do. Guess it's all just the differences in care from place to place. I can't complain though.

We pay tax on stuff and that goes to our nhs and police
And our fire service but people that don't work or earn under
16000 per year don't really pay towards it and we do have good
Healthcare well many would say not but I think the nhs is great lol

Feeling super nervous! I just went to the bathroom and when I wiped there was bright red blood. I've had mild cramping, but nothing I don't consider normal pregnancy cramping. There wasn't much after the first wipe except a pink color and a bot of mucous looking discharge (sorry tmi!)

I've called my hospital but they're counting today as a holiday and have fewer nurses on staff to talk. I've been placed on a callback which I should get in about an hour.

I hope it's nothing dealing with baby!

oh mushy I've prayed for you :hugs: hoping they can have you come in to check on baby very soon!!

Just catching up from page 100 onwards as we have been away at my cousin's wedding on the mainland. I will update the front page now :)

Lesh I hope everything is ok and your SCH has shrunk when you have your scan tomorrow. I had lots of bleeding with mine and soaked about 10 loads of toilet paper with bright red blood over a 24 hour period.

Mushy hope everything is ok for you too. It's always worrying to see blood, but at least it sounds minimal at the moment.

Re health care costs, I think we are very lucky in the UK (not that I am based there anymore!). My generally understand is that the tax rates are not that different in the US and all of our health care is free. If we decide that we want to have private scans and appointments then we can book these up as well and just pay for them as and when required. I dread to think about what the total costs for pregnancy would be. A friend of mine who gave birth here in Jersey before she had been here for the minimum amount of time to qualify for free health care had to pay £3000 (approx $4500) just to give birth in the local hospital. I think it is a standard charge here rather than varying with the level of intervention that there is.

We pay tax on stuff and that goes to our nhs and police
And our fire service but people that don't work or earn under
16000 per year don't really pay towards it and we do have good
Healthcare well many would say not but I think the nhs is great lol

this sounds kinda like it is here too. if you make under a certain amount based on how many are in your family, you can get free health care from the state and it covers everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->