January TTC-ers

MummyKP

Reaction score
We will officially be ttc/not preventing in January after AF so just looking for others that will be in the same boat as me to share the experience with :)

Mummykp, we are on our second cycle of TTC with a predicted O date around New Years! You will be shortly behind me!

We are on out second cycle TTC and I Oed on December 25th. So I am a little ahead of you. Baby dust!! :dust:

How exciting, I hope you both don't have a long wait and you get your BFP's soon!! I can't wait to get going, I want AF here already haha really we've got another two weeks before officially trying but I'm super excited to get going now! I'm not charting or using OPK's so worry if we'll be waiting a few months....not sure if I have the energy to DTD every other day throughout my whole cycle haha how have you both found ttc so far?

TTC can be really stressful (my two months of wisdom lol). I DO recommend doing the OPK sticks, if you are really excited then why not. They aren't very difficult, and you can order them from amazon pretty cheap. Every chart I saw had my ovulation date at a different time, turns out they were all wrong! So i can't stress that enough. Baby dust a good look to you! You have great attitude about it! :dust:

We are in our third cycle ttc and sounds like I will prob ovulate around the same time - New Years!

We haven't used opks yet either, I thought about it this cycle as my last cycle was so long and I was disappointed when I got my bfn. But then thought I'd wait one more cycle as I was on the pill for so long before I thought I'd let my body go through the third cycle off and if still no luck then maybe next month try opks.

I am tempted with OPKs but I also think I'd rather take the first two or three months as it is and then if no luck try OPKs. I am tempted to start charting my temp in the mornings though, as that seems a good way of knowing too from the looks of things? I really don't want to stress but I've got a feeling I will! Lol. And I know I shouldnt, but I think I will feel so upset if we don't conceive first month if we DTD often and I will instantly assume there's something wrong with one of us lol I amgenerally a positive person but because I want this so much I think I'm going to find it difficult!

The tww is the hardest! I start obsessing over every little thing and thinking everything is a symptom. My tww is also more like a three or four week wait since my cycles have been so long. Last one was 48 days!

OMG crazycatlady5! You are a trooper! I feel your pain on the TWW, I keep thinking.... tomorrow could be implantation lol!

I'm in the same boat! This will be our second cycle trying. O should be today or tomorrow. My DH persistents on BDing every day because he is just enjoying the TTC process(and I don't really object). For this reason I don't temp or use OPKs as of yet. I'm definitely guilty of thinking about it way to much! Every little thing could be a sign!! My DH is the opposite, it will happen when it happens. Needless to say, he gets tired of my symptom spotting :) good luck ladies!!

Ovulated today for try number 10......! I am really hoping that this is the month.

At the beginning I did OPKs and did my temp and got some really valuable information on when I ovulate, how long my luteal phase is etc.. it was really helpful in getting to know my body. I stopped doing both recently since I felt like I had already acquired the information I needed and I needed a bit of a mental break, but I do recommend it :)

Hopefully the new year will bring us all some luck with some sticky babies <3

It's nice to hear everyone's stories etc. spiritbear you seem to be so positive co spidering you're on your 10th cycle, that's amazing! I think I will order a bbt today and start that on the first day of my January cycle, I guess there's no harm in it! Does your temp rise or fall when you're fertile/ovulate? Let's hope January will give everything what we really want :)

Waitnomore my DH is the same and says it'll happen when it happens. I don't think he'll be keen to DTD every day in the hope we won't conceive straight away as he's still so scared about officially trying haha

Hey, I'm about to be a Jan TTC as well, OH and I have moved forward our date and now I am so stoked! I can barely sit still :haha:

My current cycle is about to end, af is due on the 6th, then we'll be TTC officially from then! I'm currently hovering between the WTT and TTC boards, so I hope you dont mind me popping in :flower:

Once af arrives I will be almost at the end of my bc, just a couple pills left, so I'm just gonna finish the pack and go from there. Not sure if my cycles will be regular from the get go (they probably wont be) but if I do go regular straight away like I did the last time I came off bc, I should O around 20th, then be due af again on 3rd feb... here's hoping she wont show then!

Babydust to you all xx

Hi lozzielaula, nice to meet you :)

we will have very similar dates, my January AF is due around 10th jan so once that's done we will be trying :) we stopped preventing this week but definitely missed O as seems too late in my cycle. I'm very excited although not sure DH feels quite the same! Lol. We won't be actively ttc with OPKs etc, more not preventing. How are you planning to go around it? I'm also going between WTT, TTC & NTNP on here

You may be very lucky and conceive first cycle as apparently you are more fertile the first month coming off the pill :) sort of wish I knew that as I came off my pills ages ago to get my cycles regular.

I see you got engaged Christmas day, congratulations :) x

Thanks, it was a very romantic day :cloud9:

We do have very similar dates, it'll be exciting to know someone on the boards who is on a similar timeline to me. I'm also very excited, but OH is even more excited than me, it was his idea to move our date forward and I didn't object in the slightest :haha:

I was off my pill for about 2 years until the start of last year, and during that time I was really regular and just by observing my body I could tell when I O'd. They say you cant feel your temp rising after O, but I always felt noticeably flushed afterwards for about a day. So this time around I'm hoping it'll be the same, although I know that it might be different for a while. We wont be using OPKs or temping, I'll just be monitoring my symptoms and cm and tracking my cycle for a few months. If nothing happens after a few cycles we'll probably start temping and using OPKs but hopefully it'll happen then, before we have to start worrying if there is a problem...

I didn't know about being more fertile in the first month, I wonder why that is? Well, I'll take all the help I can get :haha: I'm really hoping to be lucky in the first cycle, but trying to not get my hopes too high, not sure I'll handle the disappointment well!

xx

Yeah it's nice to have someone with similar dates on here :) you're very lucky to have your OH on board and so keen. I'm still getting DH on board with me....he's happy to stop preventing it but I'm worried he won't want to DTD so often lol I think we will have a chat this weekend about it because the deal was no condoms after new year, which he decided to do earlier in the week haha,

That's good that you can read the signs of O from your body, I haven't got a clue if and when I ovulate lol my cycles are 30/31 days. We have the same attitude that we won't track for the first few months but if we aren't successful we will use OPKs and bbt.

I'm not sure but I've seen a few people post on here that they've conceived first month off bc because you're mre fertile....not a clue why though sorry! Lol.

I'm hoping we will be lucky too but I know it might not happen. I also know it's going to affect me if I don't conceive first month and each month after that. I won't know how to handle it....probably just cry lol

Just read your WTT journal, I love reading everyone's stories :) xx

I imagine it must be quite frustrating to not be completely at the same stage when TTC, but hopefully he'll be 100% on board despite whatever reservations he has :hugs:

I'll probably be crying right there with you lol I'm generally an upbeat person, but I want this so so much that if it doesnt happen that's gonna be really hard. Also, I like to plan everything and this is something you just can't plan, and not having that control over it is a scary thing for me, but I will do my best to help everything go smoothly and try not to beat myself up each and every time af shows :haha:

I didn't think I'd start a journal on here, I waited a couple months, but I am glad I did. It's a place to ramble away all the thoughts I don't really feel comfortable sharing with my irl friends if you get what I mean? Not sure when I'll make the switch to a TTC journal, but I think I'll probably wait till i'm not actually preventing anymore.

Oh it's just so close now, I can't wrap my head around it! Haven't stopped grinning all day, my face is starting to hurt :haha:

xx

Edit: If anyone has journals, please link them, I'd love to have a read!

I am very upbeat and positive but I think I'll be a bit different with ttc because I want it so much! I've felt ready for the past two months or so, we got married 4 months ago and loved the honeymoon period etc but then baby brain kicked in! Lol. I am hoping I will stay positive if there are any complications but it's going to be hard.

I am also very organised. I love making lists and hate not knowing plans so this is going to be a challenge haha i hate not having control! Lol. We have a lot in common lozzielaula :)

Yeah I love reading people's journals. I haven't started one....don't know whether to or not. I can imagine it's a good way of getting things off your chest which you wouldn't necessarily speak to friends about. I might start one up when we are officially ttc in 2 weeks!

Hi waitnomore :) are you WTT/TTC/other? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->