Jayden's eating habits

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
Ok, so it was alright when he went to school for only a few hours if he didn't eat his snack.

However, he's been in a few full day camps and won't eat sandwiches, etc. The only sandwich he may eat is a Subway sandwich and that is if it is cold.

So, what the hell do I do now that he's going to be in school full days in 3 weeks?

Anyone have a finicky eater and go through this same experience? What kind of things did you pack for lunches?

Eating sandwiches day after day can easily become boring. While there is some creativity when it comes to assembling a lunch box sandwich, it is still easy to become tired of eating bread with filling. Looking for alternatives to the traditional lunch box sandwich? I have some ideas which are sure to wake up those taste buds.

The lunch box sandwich is convenient in that it provides a main course which can be eaten by hand. This saves time on having to pack and wash silverware, plastic containers, or plates. If searching for a sandwich alternative that is equally convenient try packing a ham, cheese, and fruit kabob. Thread chunks of ham and cheese on a wooden skewer along with cubes pineapple for a tasty main dish you can have fun eating with your hands. Kids may also have fun eating these kabobs for lunch at school, only instead of threading them onto a wooden skewer you can place them in a divided container to be placed inside your child's school lunch box. Chunks of chicken could replace the ham and grapes replace the pineapples for another delicious lunch box kabob.

Another alternative to the lunch box sandwich is salad. While many people associate eating salad with eating light but, it doesn't have to be that way. Make your salad very filling by adding some protein such as eggs, cut up chicken, sliced beef, diced ham, or crumbled bacon. Another way to make a salad filling is to top it with shredded or chunked cheeses. Add on some croutons and you have a lunch box salad that eats like a main dish. Another idea for a filling lunch box salad is to make a potato and ham salad. Simply add chunks of ham to your traditional potato salad recipe and enjoy. Add some cheese for a potato ham and cheese salad, if desired.

-https://www.associatedcontent.com/article/593121/lunch_box_alternatives_to_the_traditional.html

https://www.momcentral.com/food/school-lunch-ideas.html

I hope this helps!

Oh, and not sure if his school will have a microwave, but pizza pops or pizza pockets are another great idea! My foster mom used to put them in my lunch, when I was in Jr. High!
Also, leftovers from supper, the night before are a great idea too!
I suggest a thermos too, to pack soups!

I hated sandwiches when I was little! Drove my mom to distraction :rofl:

Anyways she would pack cheese/carrot sticks/celery sticks/fruit/cookies. I also liked those little cans of pasta, can't remember what they're called but I used to eat them :rofl: They had a pop top lid so it was easy to eat. What about lunchables or crackers and meat and cheese?

He only likes the chocolate bar and crackers in the lunchables. LOL Oh, and if I packed cookies, they'd surely be eaten. haha

He doesn't like sandwiches at all. Hey, when I was a kid my mom would shoot me for all the lunches I threw out.

The only sandwich he will eat at home is peanut butter and jam, but I think from me talking, he knows that they are gross by lunchtime. I remember so well what they looked and smelt like. BLECH.

He does like salads, but not the egg in it, etc.

He's eating the canned pastas a bit more but still nothing he absolutely loves, but one thing I will definitely try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->