Job Interview eeks

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Justme, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Justme

Justme Well-Known Member

Good Afternoon,

I have received a letter this morning saying that I have made the short list and have been invited for an interview at a medical practice for the job of surgery administrator/secretary.
    Ive not been for an interview for ages so need to brush up and was wondering if anyone had any tips they could give me please?
    I really really really want this job as it would be ideal for me.I have many years admin experience including customer service too also have 3 years retail experience too.

Any tips/advice would be great,thank you :flower:

2. Mum2b_Claire

Mum2b_Claire Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!

Sure you prob know all this but I interview people sometimes and would say:
    Dress appropriately
    Look interviewer/s in the eye when you're talking and when they're talking to you, and don't interrupt them
    Shake hands firmly
    Research the organisation beforehand
    Think of questions you may want to ask them about the job / them - after all it's a 2 way process.
    Don't give strong opinions
    Don't be tempted to embellish / exaggerate stuff
    Tell them about any particular additional skills you have
    Be yourself!

3. aliss

aliss Well-Known Member

For admin/secretary, I think it's most important to come off as a great personality who works well with people! Personality really goes a long way! Ask them questions about the job that reflect your knowledge on the company.

4. Loverman

Loverman Proud Daddy to Leo-6.4.11

As above, be yourself, be confident but not cocky and dont exagerate and research the company before hand. Good luck :D