Job interview!

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
Im stuck on what to do about this situation.

I have a job interview on friday which i really really want! But i have of course just found out that i am pregnant but only around 4-5weeks so cauciously pregnant at that!

Should i be honest with them and tell them in the interview or not say anything?

My gut is saying dont say anything :shrug:

:flower:

Dont say until they offer you the job. Im in a similar situation, i had a job interview 2 weeks ago and got the job then found out this weekend in 4-5weeks pregnant! I now have the joys of telling the new boss 😬

you don't have to inform an employer until you are over 12 weeks. You can always say you didn't find out until later on

I wouldn't tell them, there's no real need to tell them until you've been offered the job, and even then as someone else said, it's not an immediate need. If you do and don't get it you'll always wonder if that was a contributing factor and you can get the all clear at your 12 week scan.

Good luck xx

Thanks ladies,i felt guilty but iv been waiting to move up career wise for a while now and all the better financially when number 3 arrives! Xx

I'm the same ... I'm on the cards to get a promotion this week at 7 weeks pregnant. I am not going to say and thing because I know if I tell them they will not offer more money etc.

When they get the hump with why I didn't let them know I will simply deny knowing.

They legally can not do anything xx

don't say anything. legally you don't need to tell them to 24 weeks. best of luck

Say nothing I had 2 interviews for a job he told me on my second interview I got the job and should start Monday (this week) he was going to ring me with what time to come in. I told him I was preg after the job offer and I have not heard from him since!!

I went for another interview today but told them before interview I was pregnant will see tomorrow when I get told if I have the job if I got it. That said I am much further on than you which is why I told them before this time.

I'm an i house recruiter and I wouldn't tell them. Get the job on merit, then they have decided you're the best person for the job. I've just come back from mat leave and just found in unexpectedly pregnant. I'm not telling them until they remember what a great job I do !

Even after the initial job offer I wouldn't tell if there is a probationary period. I would wait until you are secure in the job.

Good luck!

Yes, how did it go? I'm in a similar situation right now :) Only thing holding me back is morning sickness. I'm afraid I won't be able to hold out until 12 weeks.

Personally, due to a bad experience...I'd keep it quiet for now. You have to tell an employer at least 15 weeks before you're baby is due. If the employer is anything like my previous, they will get rid of you the day after you tell them you are pregnant. Thankfully though, not all employers are like that and you may find they are ok with it. Either way though, I'd keep it quiet until at least the 12 week mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->