John Lewis (and other Christmas ads)

Anybody seen Sainsbury's advert? They've got a lot of stick from the bigoted, racist scum! :x I think it's lovely and has true Christmas meanings.

I've seen it. It wasn't my favourite but I did feel it was quite appropriate for the times we are in with people just hoping they can be together for Christmas. I didnt even think about the colour of the actors until I saw that people had been moaning about it this morning. I really do despair of this world sometimes. People saying they won't be going to Sainsburys again because their advert doesn't represent them is ridiculous, its one ad.

Saw the sainsburys one
It’s not my fave, just because I prefer the ones that have more of a story to them like the war one or animated but still it’s nice.
Saw the people moaning about it though, makes me so angry.

I'll have a look. I can't believe some people. Keyboard warriors at their finest I assume x

I think Sainsbury's and is very apt for this year. Could only find part 1 and 2 on you tube x

I can't believe that. Some people will moan about anything!

I found sainsburys ad a bit dull but I can't believe people are complaining about it.

I really like tesco's advert. My favourite this year I think.

I do really like the sentiment of the Tesco one, but I'm also hoping DS4 doesn't see it. He's been a right handful this year, I can't tell him there's no naughty list :haha:

I do really like the sentiment of the Tesco one, but I'm also hoping DS4 doesn't see it. He's been a right handful this year, I can't tell him there's no naughty list :haha:

just watched it haha! Best not show my kids either. Such a funny one though.
the Lidl one is funny too I liked their little dig at aldi haha!

I just saw it too (only part 1 though) and I was thinking that it looked like such a cozy setting and making me feel all Christmassy and a bit envious that they had all their family there with them. I was thinking it actually looks like a real family and not actors? But I suppose that is unlikely, right? How sad that people would boycott a shop because of this lovely warm ad :(

Off to check out Tesco and Lidl ha ha

Tesco did make me laugh but definitely not great if we 'bribe' our kids with the naughty lists. I think mine know they always get something :)

Mine do too really, we tend to use it more as an encouragement than a threat. Like when they've had a good day we say we think Santa will be really pleased with them, or they are definitely on the good list. I do still want the option of a naughty list though or the good list isn't an achievement :haha:

Not exactly the 'naughty list' threat, but I did say today Santa will not be coming to this house if you don't tidy up these toys.....they didn't care one bit :-D

:haha: one year when he was about 3 ds2 said on Christmas afternoon "I was naughty and Santa brought me presents anyway :p"

We don’t really threaten ours like that (too worried to have to follow through :haha:) but this morning Sebby said “Dom has been quite naughty this year, so if Santa only brings him coal I’ll just share my presents with him.” :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->