Joie Trill High Back Booster Seat?

MindUtopia

Reaction score
Can anyone who has a Joie Trillo High Back Booster tell me if it can be installed with only the seat belt in a car without isofix? We're looking to get a second booster when we move our daughter FF next month just to make the school runs easier, but we need one that goes in with seat belt only. It's for my husband's work van, which doesn't have isofix. I've read the description of this seat, but it's not entirely clear as I know it also can be installed with isofix.

If I were you I'd take the van to the point of purchase and have them check it's on the fit list.

Is it the trillo LX? There's no five point harness right? The instruction manual only says if there are isofix points to use them so presumably you can use it without. As there is a weight limit of 18kg for isofix seats the isofix just helps keep the seat in place and the seatbelt takes all the weight of the child. That said I'd still check with Joie before you buy it.

It just says Joie Trillo, but yes, it's the one without a harness so that must be the LX. That's helpful. That's what I understood, that the isofix holds it steady and keeps it in when there isn't a child in the seat, but the seatbelt is what actually makes it safe. We do have isofix, but it's not factory installed and isn't actually supposed to be in that seat (we installed it ourselves and only use it to keep our current ERF seat from rocking too much, but we've always used the seat belt to actually install and secure the seat, so the isofix bears none of the force really). We're kind of looking for something that is the same this time. Our daughter is 17 kg so soon to be overweight for the isofix anyway. Thanks! That makes sense based on what the description from Joie says. We'll go have a look and try it in before we buy, but before we drove all the way there, I figured best to check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->