Joining 2nd Tri .... is anyone else still sick?

Maze

Expecting 4th, 2 Angels
Reaction score
14 weeks today and still throwing up all my meals, my doctor has me on anti-nausea, antacids, and is even debating putting me on low doses of gravol...which I am not sure how I feel about.

I also have absolutely no bump. My stomach is flat as a board and I am a pretty slim girl... as in there is no fat hanging off my tummy, it is just very very stiff, that's been the only change, almost like I am athletic... which I'm not. I have gained only 2 lbs in the first 3 months. I don't look pregnant... and when I went in for my wedding dress fitting my seamstress couldn't believe that I was entering my 4th month.

Baby is growing fine, has a strong heart beat, saw them kicking away at 12.5 weeks.... so I am not worried about that, though I am not sure exactly where it is all hiding, with my first I was showing by now.

Can anyone else relate? Anyone else still sick, or not looking even a little bit puffy from pregnancy?

still being sick here, got a bump though, but have lost body fat too probably due to sickness (not thatI am complaining) dont worry, you'll show soon enough :D

My sickness started to fade at about 16-17 weeks. As for the bump your uterine height is only an inch or so above your pubic bone so its still a little early! I think your torso length has to do with how quick you show. And if your calorie intake has been lower you may have been losing the few lbs that you have put on of baby weight! I hope you get some relief from the nausea soon, it was definately a difficult time. :hugs:

I'm slim and very petite and didn't have a bump forming (some would argue I still don't but I know it's there!) until a few weeks ago hon so don't worry about that. The main thing is that the baby is healthy, which I was told mine was at 12 and then 16 weeks with a strong heartbeat.

As for being sick, I was sick from 6-16 weeks up to 8 times a day. I really regret suffering in silence until week 12 but when I then told my midwife she was reluctant to offer me any drugs as she said this should go soon.

From 16-18 I started to feel much better but last week I was abroad with work and I think the lack of routine and the change in food disrupted me and I have been sick and constantly nauseous again!

By week 16 I had only put on 2 pounds but my midwife really wasn't concerned by this. Yesterday I weighed myself and almost jumped for joy to discover I have now put on a further 3 so I'm sure it will start happening for you a little further along.

I hope hearing a similar story will ease your anxiety a little. If you have any further questions, just let me know and good luck! X

Thanks everyone. I think I am headed to the emergency this morning because I am so dehydrated my lip has cracked right down the middle and started bleeding during the night, have no energy, my heart palpitations have increased and I am getting sharp pains in my side like I did when I had a kidney infection in January :(

I am not overly concerned, but I think it is better to be cautious than ignore it.

I hope this goes away soon... thank you so much for your own stories.

I'm sad to say I'm still really quite sick, but I have hyperemesis. I ended up in hospital for a week on a drip, and on anti sickness. I'm not as bad now, I was off work for 8 weeks and still keep having to take days off as I'm too poorly to go in.
I hope the ER manage to try and sort you out. I was reluctant to take anti sickness meds, but sometimes its the lesser evil. I lost over a stone, but still have quite a bump on me! Rubbish abs I think! Hope you feel better soon x

Hope everything goes okay; best as you say to get checked out. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->