Joining you (again)

Pyrrhic

Reaction score
Ok, so I joined WTT in March last year and left the same month, but now I'm back again :lol:

OH and I have set a date of July 2010, so 15 months from now. It does depend on whether or not I get a job though, as finances play a big part so it could be sooner (or later).

atm I am waiting for the :witch: to show, as I had a faint :bfp: this month, but I'm pretty sure it was just an evap and I've got something viral thats making me feel crap.

But anyway.....thought I'd join WTT for now :)

Yay :)

I do hate to say this and i'm not wanting to build hope, but of the other tests you've done were any of them first response?

xx

Don't worry, I have no hope to build! :lol:

faint bfp was with a first response.

Internet cheapies, tesco own brand and clear blue digital have been :bfn:

:witch: is due in 7 days now.

I have a stonking cold, so probably just that which has made me feel so rubbish this cycle.

I have a question though...

OH wants me to go on BCP but I'm not sure if I want to tbh. I don't like the idea of putting extra hormones in my body and feel its not just up to me to prevent if you know what I mean? I don't want to have to spend months getting false hormones out of my body either.

No idea if I should go on them or not. What do other people think and do?

Maybe if we have to use condoms every single time OH will want to TTC sooner :rofl:

I have a question though...

OH wants me to go on BCP but I'm not sure if I want to tbh. I don't like the idea of putting extra hormones in my body and feel its not just up to me to prevent if you know what I mean? I don't want to have to spend months getting false hormones out of my body either.

No idea if I should go on them or not. What do other people think and do?

Maybe if we have to use condoms every single time OH will want to TTC sooner :rofl:

I thought the same as you so refused to take them. Told my OH i was stopping them and i did. That was about Aug '08. By Oct/Nov (don't remember which) he'd got fed up of condoms so we went on to NTNP with a bit of withdrawal method thrown in. Although that does my head in with the disappointment of not getting preg in 6 cycles lol, they make it sound so easy in school :rofl:

Essentially, I agree it shouldn't be just the womans responsibility to prevent. Why shouldn't your OH take responsibility. Other positive to that is they can't blame you should you end up preg because it was up to them.

And in terms of your other reply, i really think it could possibly be worth testing with another First Response closer to AF being due. You're still testing early, and all those other tests might just not be as sensitive. Even though i think they're advertised as needing 25miu and cheapies from ebay are meant to be 10miu so many people have said that first response gave them much stronger lines/clearer results. Other thought i had (although i don't know very much about this subject) is that if you get a faint positive and then bfns it can possibly be because of chemical pregnancy. Which you wouldn't have known about if you hadn't early tested.

Or just write to first response and tell them they're arses for getting your hopes up :hugs:

xx

Thanks hun.

Another point is that I'd at least like to get to know my cycles after having Niamh. Although I don't need to know them this far in advance, there doesn't seem to be much point in starting then stopping.

Will have to have a think about it!

I will test again around the 21st I think, but tbh I'd just rather AF turned up now as I really don't think I am. I've had every symptom under the sun, but they can be explained away by other things. Wish there was some kind of early symptom that was unique to pregnancy.

:lol: at writing to first reponse. :)

Thanks hun.

Another point is that I'd at least like to get to know my cycles after having Niamh. Although I don't need to know them this far in advance, there doesn't seem to be much point in starting then stopping.

Will have to have a think about it!

I will test again around the 21st I think, but tbh I'd just rather AF turned up now as I really don't think I am. I've had every symptom under the sun, but they can be explained away by other things. Wish there was some kind of early symptom that was unique to pregnancy.

:lol: at writing to first reponse. :)

Me too! Would be great, would take away so much stress :lol:

It never hurts to get to know your cycles. Mine are still messed up after almost a year! xx

Iv came of bcp as a protest so he has to buy and use comdoms. Also for when we eventualy ttc il know my cycles a bit so wont be testing at the wrong time of the month.

Hey Hun, fab that you are here :hugs:

I am on BCP as you know and have always got on fine with them. Over the years I have stopped them a couple of times for various reasons and have always gone back regular as clockwork straight away but I bet the time I want that to happen it doesn't!

OH is always asking me to come off them as he hates me taking them and he would be more than willing to use condoms but I hate them and think for the sake of a few more months it won't make that much difference.

Hope AF shows soon too hun, or doesn't so at least you know for sure!!

xxx

Hello and welcome back to WTT.....I'm with Katy on the retesting - but if it is a BFN, I hope you start to feel better soon too! xxx

Hey hun
Welcome to WTT.. you know how much you love us....
As i said to you last night You will be trying around the same time as me, which would be cool if we could be pregnancy buddies, Lou is also trying around that time too.

I am on BCP at the mo and went to doctors yesterday about coming off them. (put thread up) I think i am going to come off mine Sept/Oct ish as have been on them 5 years and dont remember what my cycles were like.

If you concieve in July baby would be due April/May and in Aug May/June(just looked at this chart thingy). hhmmm i always wanted baby end of april begining on May- ooo might get OH to change his mind and bring it forward! hehe x

:happydance: you managed to get it reduced by 3 months :D xx

Dont go on bcp, it will make it harder when you come off to get your cycles back to normal.

My :witch: still hasnt arrived yet.. not sure whether i'm soooo happy that it hasnt or kinda worried :lol:

Im on the nuvaring which still puts hormones into your body... I dont bf though.

There are alot of different pills etc, some are very low hormones and are safe for bfing mums. Best would be to talk to your doctor. Any BCP that you take is out of your system within days, so it wont take months ;)

Good luck hun! I wish you were gett PG earlier... hehe... maybe your right to make your OH wear condoms and he will agree to try earlier :D

I've been given the mini pill as I'm BFing, so not much hormones at all - not going to tell OH that though! :rofl:

We've told our families today about July 2010, and BOTH sets of parents think we should try now, out at least by the end of the year LOL. I might get his mum to chisel OH a bit :rofl:

As an alternative to BCP have you thought about a non-hormonal IUD? I had mine for nearly a year with no problems other than mild discomfort/cramping before my period.

When it was whipped out I was told that I could get pregnant pretty much right away.

welcome back! I'll put you on our list for July 2010.

How's things?

It's great, in laws and brother in law are here for the weekend, and BIL has just announced that him and his fiancee are TTC so all day we're all been talking babies, and all the in laws have been asking all day why we aren't TTC this year :rofl: I love the fact they're all trying to convince OH for me :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl:
Would be great if you could TTC earlier. If not have persuaded my oh to now TTC a month earlier as he always said he would love a baby April/May so told him that means trying July then! yey:muaha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->